PA... Do you think this would be good or bad for the industry?

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
I think it might help to get rid of all these grey market steroids. As for the other stuff, it shouldn't hurt, but if it requires gov't approval before being introduced to the market, that means delays... Perhaps long ones.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Here's the link to the article. I hadn't heard of this before today. Curious what your thoughts on it are if it passes.
Potential Reintroduction of the Dietary Supplement Labeling Act

I would need to see more details. Obviously the FDA doesnt have the manpower to read every label sent to them. However it would give them ammunition at hand if they were to have issues with any company

We all know mislabeling and misbranding is rampant in sports nutrition. To varying degrees this would be scary to many companies

It wouldnt really effect companies which spike their supps with stuff not on the label though

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I think it might help to get rid of all these grey market steroids. As for the other stuff, it shouldn't hurt, but if it requires gov't approval before being introduced to the market, that means delays... Perhaps long ones.

this wouldnt involve govt approval

however the FDA often thinks many natural products are not dshea compliant. they think just about everything needs a new dietary ingredient notification, which requires tens of thousands of dollars of safety studies often.

its the NDIN requirements coupled with stuff like this labeling act thing that could really put an end to any innovation in the industry

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If it doesn't stop companies from spiking products, it's just more worthless legislation

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
If it doesn't stop companies from spiking products, it's just more worthless legislation
it would allow the FDA to screen for ingredients on the label that they believe dont qualify as supplements though

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this wouldnt involve govt approvalhowever the FDA often thinks many natural products are not dshea compliant. they think just about everything needs a new dietary ingredient notification, which requires tens of thousands of dollars of safety studies often. its the NDIN requirements coupled with stuff like this labeling act thing that could really put an end to any innovation in the industry
I say it's bad then. The gov deciding what qualifies as supplementation. Should make more patients for Obamacare tho