PA... Do you think this would be good or bad for the industry?

  1. PA... Do you think this would be good or bad for the industry?


    Here's the link to the article. I hadn't heard of this before today. Curious what your thoughts on it are if it passes.
    Potential Reintroduction of the Dietary Supplement Labeling Act


  2. I think it might help to get rid of all these grey market steroids. As for the other stuff, it shouldn't hurt, but if it requires gov't approval before being introduced to the market, that means delays... Perhaps long ones.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
    WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    Here's the link to the article. I hadn't heard of this before today. Curious what your thoughts on it are if it passes.
    Potential Reintroduction of the Dietary Supplement Labeling Act

    I would need to see more details. Obviously the FDA doesnt have the manpower to read every label sent to them. However it would give them ammunition at hand if they were to have issues with any company

    We all know mislabeling and misbranding is rampant in sports nutrition. To varying degrees this would be scary to many companies

    It wouldnt really effect companies which spike their supps with stuff not on the label though
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    I think it might help to get rid of all these grey market steroids. As for the other stuff, it shouldn't hurt, but if it requires gov't approval before being introduced to the market, that means delays... Perhaps long ones.

    this wouldnt involve govt approval

    however the FDA often thinks many natural products are not dshea compliant. they think just about everything needs a new dietary ingredient notification, which requires tens of thousands of dollars of safety studies often.

    its the NDIN requirements coupled with stuff like this labeling act thing that could really put an end to any innovation in the industry
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  5. If it doesn't stop companies from spiking products, it's just more worthless legislation

  6. Quote Originally Posted by SBH View Post
    If it doesn't stop companies from spiking products, it's just more worthless legislation
    it would allow the FDA to screen for ingredients on the label that they believe dont qualify as supplements though
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    it would allow the FDA to screen for ingredients on the label that they believe dont qualify as supplements though
    Push the hogg right back into the black market tho

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    this wouldnt involve govt approvalhowever the FDA often thinks many natural products are not dshea compliant. they think just about everything needs a new dietary ingredient notification, which requires tens of thousands of dollars of safety studies often. its the NDIN requirements coupled with stuff like this labeling act thing that could really put an end to any innovation in the industry
    I say it's bad then. The gov deciding what qualifies as supplementation. Should make more patients for Obamacare tho
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How much do you think this guy can bench?
    By Nitrox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 05:16 PM
  2. Upsets: Good or Bad for the Sport?
    By Mulletsoldier in forum MMA
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:11 PM
  3. Wonder if this would be good.
    By tattoopierced1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 12:28 PM
  4. Do you think CEE should be "cycled"?
    By badmofaux in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Log in
Log in