Having a sharp mind - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Having a sharp mind

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

galanthamine hydrobromide is interesting stuff
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In for a sharp mind!

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The secret to a sharp mind is to use it. That means keeping yourself mentally on point even when you don't have to. Popular means of doing so are thought exercises, IQ tests, etc

As many students often realize, when you sit back during the summer and do nothing, your ability to learn, memorize, etc is transiently diminished. Re-immersing yourself in material once school starts slowly brings your mental faculties back up to par.

And of course, synaptic plasticity, LTP, and Hebbian learning all support the notion of using the pathways that you want to get better at...in this case, learning.

Mindblowing, I know, but this is the secret to having a sharp mind.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

or just pop an addreall
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    galanthamine hydrobromide is interesting stuff
    galantamine is an amazing nootropic
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The secret to a sharp mind is to use it. That means keeping yourself mentally on point even when you don't have to. Popular means of doing so are thought exercises, IQ tests, etc

As many students often realize, when you sit back during the summer and do nothing, your ability to learn, memorize, etc is transiently diminished. Re-immersing yourself in material once school starts slowly brings your mental faculties back up to par.

And of course, synaptic plasticity, LTP, and Hebbian learning all support the notion of using the pathways that you want to get better at...in this case, learning.

Mindblowing, I know, but this is the secret to having a sharp mind.
    Agreed, too many people plop down in front of the television, a totally passive activity. Just a couple days of that and I feel my mind slowing down. I am fortunate...or not in that my job though boring does require problem solving with many variables to consider. Even so I try to keep the television to a bare minimum. There are studies that show activities as simple as reading a book can keep the mind sharp..a small investment and much more rewarding that watching Jersey Shore and the ilk
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

7. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Physical exercise and mental activity have shown to promote the production and survival of new cells, in animals anyways. Life stressors can inhibit that potential
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  8. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Avoid excess nicotine
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

how about avoid all nicotine?
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bossman523 View Post
    Therapeudic doses of nicotine have been found to show neuroprotective properties, such as illiciting certain, desirable 'nootropic' effects. Don't quote me on that, but if need be I can pull the literature.
    Freedom means nothing here.
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

interesting. ::buys carton of marlboros::
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    or just pop an addreall

one is too many, and a thousand is never enough...
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

one is too many, and a thousand is never enough...
    Good point to be made.
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Avoid excess nicotine
    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Therapeudic doses of nicotine have been found to show neuroprotective properties, such as illiciting certain, desirable 'nootropic' effects. Don't quote me on that, but if need be I can pull the literature.
    interesting. ::buys carton of marlboros::
    Que? Nicotine gum is great for cutting. With ECA, I believe it can boost weightloss by about 10% more. Follow the instructions on how to chew it; use the 4mg stuff since it's the same price as the 2mg stuff and just cut the pieces in half.... twice as much for the same price.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
    WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

yea, it's also highly addictive tho.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not as addicting as you think. They taught us that it was highly addictive as well, but a deeper look into the data yields a different conclusion. Synapsin made a great post about it on BB.com
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Really? I was under the impression that it ranked right up there with heroin. Stimulated the same areas in the brain.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

i used to love heroin. thank God i never started shooting it.
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Used nicotine both recreationally and for cutting. Never got addicted but "felt" the potential to was just around the corner. It's like caffeine's hotter sister

I'm saving heroin for my 85th bday..if I make it that far.
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.

What did I say? If you follow directions on how to chew it correctly and use only 2mg.

Not as addicting as you think. They taught us that it was highly addictive as well, but a deeper look into the data yields a different conclusion. Synapsin made a great post about it on BB.com
    word
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
    WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.
  21. AnabolicMinds Forum Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Avoid EXCESS nicotine
    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    Que? Nicotine gum is great for cutting. With ECA, I believe it can boost weightloss by about 10% more. Follow the instructions on how to chew it; use the 4mg stuff since it's the same price as the 2mg stuff and just cut the pieces in half.... twice as much for the same price.
    Avoid EXCESS nicotine

"Highly addictive" to those with a high propensity to addiction...

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Really? I was under the impression that it ranked right up there with heroin. Stimulated the same areas in the brain.
    You're talking about big tobacco... nicotine itself, not the delivery system, may be beneficial.

I was addicted to cigarettes and chew. Chew being the hardest habit to break that I've ever dealt with. If someone has addiction problems it's prob best to steer clear of nicotine. **** I even get a little too intense with wanting caffeine lol

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Used nicotine both recreationally and for cutting. Never got addicted but "felt" the potential to was just around the corner. It's like caffeine's hotter sister

I'm saving heroin for my 85th bday..if I make it that far.
    Its good to be aware
    Stats
    5'8"  179 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

well, i am a recovering addict so i'm gonna stay away from it.
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.

well, i am a recovering addict so i'm gonna stay away from it.
    That is a wise decision.
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Adderall, Caffeine, Aniracetam, ALCAR, Ginkgo Biloba, Choline, Vinpocetine and a high quality EFA blend. That stack has been money for me for a while now. I have to watch the Ginkgo though... For whatever reason it raises my B.P. even more than the Adderall, though its' benefits outweigh that side-effect I.M.O.

P.A. mentioned fasting... I've found taking a break from everything but the EFA blend is very helpful in avoiding tolerance buildup (though taking a day off from caffeine can be a real bee-otch of a headache).

D-Serine looks very interesing and I'm thinking of giving that a try soon. I'd also like to try a new racetam... I hated Noopet (the anxiety it caused offset any benefits) and I've been taking Aniracetam for a while now. Any reccomendations? Phenylpiracetam looks interesting but is expensive and there's not many sources for it that I've seen.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. Think I have made my mind up
    By Dazl1212 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 04:41 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 01:12 AM
  4. does anabolic minds have quick reliable shipping?
    By glenky85 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 12:03 PM
  5. I have a few stacks in mind, but can't make a decision!
    By MuscleGuyinNY in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 02:59 PM