Replacement for DMAA

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

Replacement for DMAA

Mr. Arnold.....quick question, I know that there is a lot of speculation regarding DMAA and dendrobium........is there something out there that is new/old that produces the same results. I am a firefighter and do not want to jeopardize my career because of we dont know what they put in these products.

2. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by brklynkd View Post
    Mr. Arnold.....quick question, I know that there is a lot of speculation regarding DMAA and dendrobium........is there something out there that is new/old that produces the same results. I am a firefighter and do not want to jeopardize my career because of we dont know what they put in these products.

there is nothing out there that gives same results as dmaa

i am looking though
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  3. Registered User

so its looking like dendrobium is just a cover up in most if not all the new products on the market.....
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Nothing on the market now beats DMAA if you ask me. All of the yohimbe extracts work for some people but I do not tolerate them well. The only thing I like as much as DMAA is ephedrine which you can get in primatene or bronkaid but I have no idea if that will tested for with you being a firefighter.

The good news is that if anyone can bring something as a good replacement it is PA and as he said he is working on it
  5. Registered User

We get tested for amphetamines so I think we are good with the ephedrine Thanks for the input. I have taken ephedra before with no problem from drug testing.
  6. Featured Author

so its looking like dendrobium is just a cover up in most if not all the new products on the market.....

to begin with dendrobrium does not contain phenethylamines as per listed on the label of craze

there is no reason whatsoever to think dendrobrium has stimulant properties
  7. Registered User

Thanks for the info PA...... just want to error on the safe side.
  8. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

I tried a sample of the latest version of Dexaprine and it isn't bad and I'm fairly stim tolerant.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    Nothing on the market now beats DMAA if you ask me. All of the yohimbe extracts work for some people but I do not tolerate them well. The only thing I like as much as DMAA is ephedrine which you can get in primatene or bronkaid but I have no idea if that will tested for with you being a firefighter.

The good news is that if anyone can bring something as a good replacement it is PA and as he said he is working on it
    I'm with ya on both of those bro. I was actually doing some research on Yohimbe/ Yohimbine earlier this evening and found a lot of interesting stuff. Namely that it's a weak MAOI, but when combined with a substance in which it could have a negative interaction it can easily cause Serotonin Syndrome. And it shocks me how many supplements combine MULTIPLE ingredients that are proven to have negative drug-like interactions with Yohimbe into one prodcut. So I avoid that sh!t like the plague just because I know that miserable feeling all too well.

DMAA is still the best thing OTC since Ephedra and it's just as safe, if not safer, when used correctly. But it's effective so the FDA has to come after it, if only to protect the financial interests of their friends in the phamaceutical industry.
  10. SBH
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    I'm with ya on both of those bro. I was actually doing some research on Yohimbe/ Yohimbine earlier this evening and found a lot of interesting stuff. Namely that it's a weak MAOI, but when combined with a substance in which it could have a negative interaction it can easily cause Serotonin Syndrome. And it shocks me how many supplements combine MULTIPLE ingredients that are proven to have negative drug-like interactions with Yohimbe into one prodcut. So I avoid that sh!t like the plague just because I know that miserable feeling all too well.

DMAA is still the best thing OTC since Ephedra and it's just as safe, if not safer, when used correctly. But it's effective so the FDA has to come after it, if only to protect the financial interests of their friends in the phamaceutical industry.
    Hmmm. Never thought of it that way. Wonder what the news media's interest is, the same thing?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

We get tested for amphetamines so I think we are good with the ephedrine Thanks for the input. I have taken ephedra before with no problem from drug testing.
    I believe there are case studies showing ephedrine can cause false positives on a drug screen for methamphetamine.

I am not sure what the standard screen method is but this link is interesting.

ncbinlmnihgov/m/pubmed/9301231/

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  216 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post

I believe there are case studies showing ephedrine can cause false positives on a drug screen for methamphetamine.

^^^^^^happened to me on an oral swab test. Of course I demanded a urine test to confirm, passed no problem
  13. Jag
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceredumbellum View Post
    Due to liver, kidney and blood pressure issus a year or so ago i did a strict 8 week liver-cleansing diet.

I wouldn't say it was condusive to a bodybuilding lifestyle but i did keep training using my staple pre w/o stim DMAA.

At the end of that 8 weeks i had all my tests done again and my doctor was very surprised to see such positive results so i know from those that DMAA is safe.

OTOH, ephedra / ephedrine shot my BP through the roof and kept it there.

That's what pisses me off about laws in our country. How can they take something from me that i have just proven is safe? Who knows, it may have even had a part in the reason my tests came back so good!!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Due to liver, kidney and blood pressure issus a year or so ago i did a strict 8 week liver-cleansing diet.

I wouldn't say it was condusive to a bodybuilding lifestyle but i did keep training using my staple pre w/o stim DMAA.

At the end of that 8 weeks i had all my tests done again and my doctor was very surprised to see such positive results so i know from those that DMAA is safe.

OTOH, ephedra / ephedrine shot my BP through the roof and kept it there.

That's what pisses me off about laws in our country. How can they take something from me that i have just proven is safe? Who knows, it may have even had a part in the reason my tests came back so good!!
    It is always interesting to see other peoples reactions to things I have the exact opposite response Bronkaid/Ephedrine no BP spike yet DMAA seems to spike it for a short amount of time. Now mind you I am a mess as I am ADHD and have had years of ritalin or adderall....ECA stack seems to have the least side effects and helps me with my ADHD.
  15. Jag
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

It is always interesting to see other peoples reactions to things I have the exact opposite response Bronkaid/Ephedrine no BP spike yet DMAA seems to spike it for a short amount of time. Now mind you I am a mess as I am ADHD and have had years of ritalin or adderall....ECA stack seems to have the least side effects and helps me with my ADHD.
    I used an ECA stack for years which made me very jittery and short tempered, among other things. Not good things either.

DMAA was definitely a Godsend for me. It made eliminating ECA so much easier and it never gave me any health issues at all.

Mostly i had it first thing in the morning with a strong coffee and i can tell you this has a laxative effect so don't take it and head out the door!!!. But occassionally i had a dose a couple of hours after breakfast and the feeling was completely different. Still great, but different.

I trained great. I went to work after a workout and put in a 100% effort. No crash or negative impact on my appetite and i was ALWAYS in a good mood.

And when i had a few days or a week off training i never developed any symptons relating to an addiction.

I've had more complications with B-Complex!!! So they ban it WHY???

PA said he was on the lookout for something similiar so i'm staying quietly posted with my fingers crossed.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

It's interesting you say that because I have had ADD all my life... I just didn't know it until a few years ago.
    For years I legally "self-medicated" with Ephedrine, not consciously realizing what I was doing. I loved ECA (still do, though I am prescribed ADD meds. now), but the crash from Ephedrine is worse than most stims. I've tried (including Adderall). With prescription amphetamines I just want to pass out when the crash hits but with Ephedrine I had a lack of energy as well as really bad depression when it wore off.
    Again, not badmouthing ECA because it's great when taken properly.
  17. Featured Author

when i had to urine drop on probation i always told them i was taking ephedrine. If i came up meth positive then they would do gc/ms test and that would clear me
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Does that include amp?
  19. Featured Author

does what include amp
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    does what include amp
    Ban on dmaa. Thought amp had it in it.
  21. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by Mission1 View Post
    Ban on dmaa. Thought amp had it in it.
    It does. there still is no ban though. the FDA simply has stepped up its rhetoric. Warning the public and companies that it believes it is dangerous and doesnt consider it a supplement. or somthing like that.

we have never received any communication from the fda. simply heard these things through the media.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  196 lbs.

Dude if you cannot get around a drug test while using DMAA that is sad...Ronnie is a cop and was using GRAMS of juice, among other things, for years and didn't get caught.
  23. Registered User

Oh I guess that makes you an expert in drug testing for the government, so in that case you should know the difference between a steroid test and a urine drug test for employees that include amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, meth-amphetamines, opiates, nicotine, and alcohol.
  24. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by swim15 View Post
    Dude if you cannot get around a drug test while using DMAA that is sad...Ronnie is a cop and was using GRAMS of juice, among other things, for years and didn't get caught.

in almost all police precincts testing for anabolic steroids is not standard. it can be done in special circumstances though if there is suspicion

apparently they werent suspicious of ronnies steroid use. or, more likely, cops look out for one another
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

in almost all police precincts testing for anabolic steroids is not standard. it can be done in special circumstances though if there is suspicion

apparently they werent suspicious of ronnies steroid use. or, more likely, cops look out for one another
    LOL, I think it's safe to say it's the latter...
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Juicing is acceptable among law enforcement...dead serious
  27. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Juicing is acceptable among law enforcement...dead serious

that definitely depends. some places it is, some places it isnt
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.

Every day, I wonder how people can be so stupid and imagine that may the dumbest thing I've read... Then the following day, I'm proven wrong. Each and every day.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
    WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.
  29. Featured Author

After contemplating the latest FDA statements we have decided to discontinue manufacture of our DMAA containing supplements clearshot concentrate and AMP
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

After contemplating the latest FDA statements we have decided to discontinue manufacture of our DMAA containing supplements clearshot concentrate and AMP
    That sucks.
    ForeRunner Labs
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I'm disappointed to hear that. Do you think you may reintroduce a DMAA product in the future if DMAA isn't banned?
  32. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    I'm disappointed to hear that. Do you think you may reintroduce a DMAA product in the future if DMAA isn't banned?
    There would have to be a serious about face in policy towards the stuff. It may not be technically banned but its about as close to being right now and we arent a renegade operation
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

There would have to be a serious about face in policy towards the stuff. It may not be technically banned but its about as close to being right now and we arent a renegade operation
    I'm guessing we are a few months away from research purpose not for human consumption DMAA...

ForeRunner Labs
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  34. Registered User

Sucks, but smart.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Time to stock up on clearshot
  36. Registered User

How about a close out sale in those big jugs you guys use at your booths?
  37. Registered User

Smart choice PA.....we are anxiously awaiting for you to find a replacement!!
  38. Registered User

THIS SUCKS
  39. Registered User

oh bless your heart,

post less
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  196 lbs.

Oh I guess that makes you an expert in drug testing for the government, so in that case you should know the difference between a steroid test and a urine drug test for employees that include amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, meth-amphetamines, opiates, nicotine, and alcohol.
    I am saying DMAA has a short half life and it would be easy to avoid it for a test. That said, there are already pre workouts without DMAA. Getting rid of it just takes away the choice of the consumer.

Yes I know the difference between a steroid test and a drug test.

Luckily I stocked up and can add it to my pre workouts. The government just has no ****ing business removing it. If they want to put a warning then fine but they shouldn't take the choice away from me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replacement for NO-Xplode?
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 11:22 PM
  2. 4AD use as test replacement for women
    By Indigo6 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-29-2005, 03:12 PM
  3. Need replacement for Dips
    By Head Nurse in forum Exercise Science