Replacement for DMAA

brklynkd

brklynkd

Awards
Mr. Arnold.....quick question, I know that there is a lot of speculation regarding DMAA and dendrobium........is there something out there that is new/old that produces the same results. I am a firefighter and do not want to jeopardize my career because of we dont know what they put in these products.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Mr. Arnold.....quick question, I know that there is a lot of speculation regarding DMAA and dendrobium........is there something out there that is new/old that produces the same results. I am a firefighter and do not want to jeopardize my career because of we dont know what they put in these products.

there is nothing out there that gives same results as dmaa

i am looking though

brklynkd

brklynkd

Awards
so its looking like dendrobium is just a cover up in most if not all the new products on the market.....

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nothing on the market now beats DMAA if you ask me. All of the yohimbe extracts work for some people but I do not tolerate them well. The only thing I like as much as DMAA is ephedrine which you can get in primatene or bronkaid but I have no idea if that will tested for with you being a firefighter.

The good news is that if anyone can bring something as a good replacement it is PA and as he said he is working on it

brklynkd

brklynkd

Awards
We get tested for amphetamines so I think we are good with the ephedrine Thanks for the input. I have taken ephedra before with no problem from drug testing.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
so its looking like dendrobium is just a cover up in most if not all the new products on the market.....

to begin with dendrobrium does not contain phenethylamines as per listed on the label of craze

there is no reason whatsoever to think dendrobrium has stimulant properties

brklynkd

brklynkd

Awards
Thanks for the info PA...... just want to error on the safe side.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I tried a sample of the latest version of Dexaprine and it isn't bad and I'm fairly stim tolerant.

C

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Nothing on the market now beats DMAA if you ask me. All of the yohimbe extracts work for some people but I do not tolerate them well. The only thing I like as much as DMAA is ephedrine which you can get in primatene or bronkaid but I have no idea if that will tested for with you being a firefighter.

The good news is that if anyone can bring something as a good replacement it is PA and as he said he is working on it
I'm with ya on both of those bro. I was actually doing some research on Yohimbe/ Yohimbine earlier this evening and found a lot of interesting stuff. Namely that it's a weak MAOI, but when combined with a substance in which it could have a negative interaction it can easily cause Serotonin Syndrome. And it shocks me how many supplements combine MULTIPLE ingredients that are proven to have negative drug-like interactions with Yohimbe into one prodcut. So I avoid that sh!t like the plague just because I know that miserable feeling all too well.

DMAA is still the best thing OTC since Ephedra and it's just as safe, if not safer, when used correctly. But it's effective so the FDA has to come after it, if only to protect the financial interests of their friends in the phamaceutical industry.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm with ya on both of those bro. I was actually doing some research on Yohimbe/ Yohimbine earlier this evening and found a lot of interesting stuff. Namely that it's a weak MAOI, but when combined with a substance in which it could have a negative interaction it can easily cause Serotonin Syndrome. And it shocks me how many supplements combine MULTIPLE ingredients that are proven to have negative drug-like interactions with Yohimbe into one prodcut. So I avoid that sh!t like the plague just because I know that miserable feeling all too well.

DMAA is still the best thing OTC since Ephedra and it's just as safe, if not safer, when used correctly. But it's effective so the FDA has to come after it, if only to protect the financial interests of their friends in the phamaceutical industry.
Hmmm. Never thought of it that way. Wonder what the news media's interest is, the same thing?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
We get tested for amphetamines so I think we are good with the ephedrine Thanks for the input. I have taken ephedra before with no problem from drug testing.
I believe there are case studies showing ephedrine can cause false positives on a drug screen for methamphetamine.

I am not sure what the standard screen method is but this link is interesting.

ncbinlmnihgov/m/pubmed/9301231/

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
I believe there are case studies showing ephedrine can cause false positives on a drug screen for methamphetamine.

^^^^^^happened to me on an oral swab test. Of course I demanded a urine test to confirm, passed no problem

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Due to liver, kidney and blood pressure issus a year or so ago i did a strict 8 week liver-cleansing diet.

I wouldn't say it was condusive to a bodybuilding lifestyle but i did keep training using my staple pre w/o stim DMAA.

At the end of that 8 weeks i had all my tests done again and my doctor was very surprised to see such positive results so i know from those that DMAA is safe.

OTOH, ephedra / ephedrine shot my BP through the roof and kept it there.

That's what pisses me off about laws in our country. How can they take something from me that i have just proven is safe? Who knows, it may have even had a part in the reason my tests came back so good!!

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Due to liver, kidney and blood pressure issus a year or so ago i did a strict 8 week liver-cleansing diet.

I wouldn't say it was condusive to a bodybuilding lifestyle but i did keep training using my staple pre w/o stim DMAA.

At the end of that 8 weeks i had all my tests done again and my doctor was very surprised to see such positive results so i know from those that DMAA is safe.

OTOH, ephedra / ephedrine shot my BP through the roof and kept it there.

That's what pisses me off about laws in our country. How can they take something from me that i have just proven is safe? Who knows, it may have even had a part in the reason my tests came back so good!!
It is always interesting to see other peoples reactions to things I have the exact opposite response Bronkaid/Ephedrine no BP spike yet DMAA seems to spike it for a short amount of time. Now mind you I am a mess as I am ADHD and have had years of ritalin or adderall....ECA stack seems to have the least side effects and helps me with my ADHD.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
It is always interesting to see other peoples reactions to things I have the exact opposite response Bronkaid/Ephedrine no BP spike yet DMAA seems to spike it for a short amount of time. Now mind you I am a mess as I am ADHD and have had years of ritalin or adderall....ECA stack seems to have the least side effects and helps me with my ADHD.
I used an ECA stack for years which made me very jittery and short tempered, among other things. Not good things either.

DMAA was definitely a Godsend for me. It made eliminating ECA so much easier and it never gave me any health issues at all.

Mostly i had it first thing in the morning with a strong coffee and i can tell you this has a laxative effect so don't take it and head out the door!!!. But occassionally i had a dose a couple of hours after breakfast and the feeling was completely different. Still great, but different.

I trained great. I went to work after a workout and put in a 100% effort. No crash or negative impact on my appetite and i was ALWAYS in a good mood.

And when i had a few days or a week off training i never developed any symptons relating to an addiction.

I've had more complications with B-Complex!!! So they ban it WHY???

PA said he was on the lookout for something similiar so i'm staying quietly posted with my fingers crossed.

C

Ceredumbellum

Awards
It's interesting you say that because I have had ADD all my life... I just didn't know it until a few years ago.
For years I legally "self-medicated" with Ephedrine, not consciously realizing what I was doing. I loved ECA (still do, though I am prescribed ADD meds. now), but the crash from Ephedrine is worse than most stims. I've tried (including Adderall). With prescription amphetamines I just want to pass out when the crash hits but with Ephedrine I had a lack of energy as well as really bad depression when it wore off.
Again, not badmouthing ECA because it's great when taken properly.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

when i had to urine drop on probation i always told them i was taking ephedrine. If i came up meth positive then they would do gc/ms test and that would clear me

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
does what include amp

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Ban on dmaa. Thought amp had it in it.
It does. there still is no ban though. the FDA simply has stepped up its rhetoric. Warning the public and companies that it believes it is dangerous and doesnt consider it a supplement. or somthing like that.

we have never received any communication from the fda. simply heard these things through the media.

S

swim15

Awards
Dude if you cannot get around a drug test while using DMAA that is sad...Ronnie is a cop and was using GRAMS of juice, among other things, for years and didn't get caught.

brklynkd

brklynkd

Awards
Oh I guess that makes you an expert in drug testing for the government, so in that case you should know the difference between a steroid test and a urine drug test for employees that include amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, meth-amphetamines, opiates, nicotine, and alcohol.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Dude if you cannot get around a drug test while using DMAA that is sad...Ronnie is a cop and was using GRAMS of juice, among other things, for years and didn't get caught.

in almost all police precincts testing for anabolic steroids is not standard. it can be done in special circumstances though if there is suspicion

apparently they werent suspicious of ronnies steroid use. or, more likely, cops look out for one another

M

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in almost all police precincts testing for anabolic steroids is not standard. it can be done in special circumstances though if there is suspicion

apparently they werent suspicious of ronnies steroid use. or, more likely, cops look out for one another
LOL, I think it's safe to say it's the latter... :)

J

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Juicing is acceptable among law enforcement...dead serious

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
Every day, I wonder how people can be so stupid and imagine that may the dumbest thing I've read... Then the following day, I'm proven wrong. Each and every day.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
After contemplating the latest FDA statements we have decided to discontinue manufacture of our DMAA containing supplements clearshot concentrate and AMP

N

Noct

Awards
After contemplating the latest FDA statements we have decided to discontinue manufacture of our DMAA containing supplements clearshot concentrate and AMP
I'm disappointed to hear that. Do you think you may reintroduce a DMAA product in the future if DMAA isn't banned?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I'm disappointed to hear that. Do you think you may reintroduce a DMAA product in the future if DMAA isn't banned?
There would have to be a serious about face in policy towards the stuff. It may not be technically banned but its about as close to being right now and we arent a renegade operation

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
There would have to be a serious about face in policy towards the stuff. It may not be technically banned but its about as close to being right now and we arent a renegade operation
I'm guessing we are a few months away from research purpose not for human consumption DMAA...:mad:

testosteronet

testosteronet

Awards
  • Established
How about a close out sale in those big jugs you guys use at your booths?

brklynkd

brklynkd

Awards
Smart choice PA.....we are anxiously awaiting for you to find a replacement!!

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established

oh bless your heart,

post less

S

swim15

Awards
Oh I guess that makes you an expert in drug testing for the government, so in that case you should know the difference between a steroid test and a urine drug test for employees that include amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, meth-amphetamines, opiates, nicotine, and alcohol.
I am saying DMAA has a short half life and it would be easy to avoid it for a test. That said, there are already pre workouts without DMAA. Getting rid of it just takes away the choice of the consumer.

Yes I know the difference between a steroid test and a drug test.

Luckily I stocked up and can add it to my pre workouts. The government just has no ****ing business removing it. If they want to put a warning then fine but they shouldn't take the choice away from me.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I am saying DMAA has a short half life and it would be easy to avoid it for a test. That said, there are already pre workouts without DMAA. Getting rid of it just takes away the choice of the consumer.

Yes I know the difference between a steroid test and a drug test.

Luckily I stocked up and can add it to my pre workouts. The government just has no ****ing business removing it. If they want to put a warning then fine but they shouldn't take the choice away from me.

this dmaa bs is not really a government initiative. Its more like the FDA are having their hands forced by the media and some special interest groups (athletic drug testing organizations, some medical groups, families of alleged victims, etc etc)

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Man, that sucks. Understandable though PA.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well i bought 3 of the 64oz jugs. Will most likely buy more too.

S

swim15

Awards
this dmaa bs is not really a government initiative. Its more like the FDA are having their hands forced by the media and some special interest groups (athletic drug testing organizations, some medical groups, families of alleged victims, etc etc)
I do realize this...I actually just watched some media propoganda in my nutrition class today about how DMAA will kill you. Sent an email to my professor so maybe she wouldn't promote bull****.

I really referred to "government" meaning the FDA.

It is just frustrating as a knowledgeable consumer and I am sure it is frustrating for you.

Plus I am using trenbolone so I am much less tolerant of bull**** than normal.

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
waiting on the DMAA closeout firesale...still seeing none.

hope PA finds something new to thrill us all with.
Why do we need to make one when everywhere is selling out without having a closeout sale?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Why do we need to make one when everywhere is selling out without having a closeout sale?
Wow Deja vu haven't we been in this same place when this all started? everyone yelled fire sale yet all the stores seemed to sell out with out one.

C

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Wow Deja vu haven't we been in this same place when this all started? everyone yelled fire sale yet all the stores seemed to sell out with out one.

PA said he's ceasing sale of DMAA based supplements. Pretty sure this is the real deal bro.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
PA said he's ceasing sale of DMAA based supplements. Pretty sure this is the real deal bro.
Oh I know PA does not BS about things I just find it funny even if you ignore the first panic with DMAA we keep ending up in the same place...I am not one to put on a tin foil cap but damn everything that works one by one get banned or warnings until the companies won't touch it. and they start with the safest first so they can blame the unsafe ones for problems....**** 4-ad before superdrol that should be a huge red flag someone wants the whole supplment area as a whole dead.

C

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Oh I know PA does not BS about things I just find it funny even if you ignore the first panic with DMAA we keep ending up in the same place...I am not one to put on a tin foil cap but damn everything that works one by one get banned or warnings until the companies won't touch it. and they start with the safest first so they can blame the unsafe ones for problems....**** 4-ad before superdrol that should be a huge red flag someone wants the whole supplment area as a whole dead.

Good point. It's a nasty cycle when this kind of thing gets started. The pro-hormones/ pro-steroids were a little different because you had the DEA involved, but the supplement companies and retailers backed off out of fear (and I'd say rightfully so).

I think the best example of this was the Ephedra ban. You hear negative rumblings in the media, the FDA starts chirping and supplement retailers stop selling these products. So what does that do? It causes companies that make ECA products to stop doing so, the government sees a huge opening and pounces on it and before you know it the only way to get an ECA stack is to go to the pharmacy and build one.

The thing that gets me is there are so many other supplements out there that are much worse than DMAA but because of its' popularity and effectiveness it becomes a target.

I feel bad for PA. He's an innovator and this is now the second wonderful supplement he's introduced to the market that's getting yanked (1-AD was the shyt).

C

Ceredumbellum

Awards
The "media".... What a joke. The media has ruined the entertainment value of more than one mainstream sport and destroyed the careers and sometimes lives of athletes because they have to be sensationalistic.

They helped fast-track the downfall of MLB. Does anyone think it's anywhere near as entertaining as it was back during the HR chase? They also helped rip Lance Armstrong apart piece-by-piece. Yes he was doping and it turns out he's not that great of a guy after all... But where were the witch-hunts for all of the other professional cyclists? It's pretty common knowledge that 99.9% of them are doping. Lance was too, so it was a level playing field. He was just superior to every one of them.

I could go on and on but the point is the media isn't journalism anymore and hasn't been for many years and, unfortunately, most people believe whatever they read or see.