3,3-azo-17a-methyl-5a-androstan-17b-ol

ccrunkle

ccrunkle

Awards
Hey i came across this supplement that comes out tomorrow and found it interesting. It is called Triumphalis which is Methyldiazirinol. Its said to be very similar to Superdrol in its Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio. Anyone know anything about this or anything? Thanks!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I think it was written about in totalflexblog.com

ccrunkle

ccrunkle

Awards
I think it was written about in totalflexblog.com
Yea thats it i just read up on that blog, thanks for finding that btw. It said superdrol has a ratio of 400/20 and triumpalis has ratio of 300/20. Defiantly interesting!

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
I seriously doubt this stuff being stable for a reasonable amount of time.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Especially if stacked with methylwhambamthankyouma'am-azol.*

*Copyright 2013 bu Bioman

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
it could be explosive
Eh, I doubt it. I've been working with a lot of diazos recently/currently and they're not as scary as everyone says... especially if alpha to an ester, that stuff is stable at well over 60 *C, ground glass joints, everything.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Eh, I doubt it. I've been working with a lot of diazos recently/currently and they're not as scary as everyone says, especially if alpha to an ester.

bummer

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
Check edit, but I would agree. If it were explosive after N2 extrusion, I doubt they would have made it to the capping stage. Probably a lot of wurtz-like coupling with the carbenes though.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i use a reagent with diazomethane in it to derivatize ursolic acid so i can test it on my gc/ms. i use it in the hood cuz i am worried. is diazomethane really that scary?

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
i use a reagent with diazomethane in it to derivatize ursolic acid so i can test it on my gc/ms. i use it in the hood cuz i am worried. is diazomethane really that scary?
Oh ya, diazomethane is probably the worst for safety precautions outside of maybe t-butyllithium and methyl isocyanate. You need the diazomethane glassware kit and everything. But if you were to use TMS diazomethane however, then it's relatively innocuous. I still wouldn't try to use it as a grease for ground glass joints though :D Hydrazine isn't as bad as everyone says though.

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Oh ya, diazomethane is probably the worst for safety precautions outside of maybe t-butyllithium and methyl isocyanate. You need the diazomethane glassware kit and everything. But if you were to use TMS diazomethane however, then it's relatively innocuous. I still wouldn't try to use it as a grease for ground glass joints though :D Hydrazine isn't as bad as everyone says though.
I've worked with butyl lithium. Scary stuff. Had a septum cap leak on me coming out of the dry box, it caught an aluminum pan on fire it burned so hot.

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
Butyllithium is essentially water when compared to t-butyllithium. Some retarded bitch died from using it like 1-2 years ago. Gives pyrophoricity a whole new meaning, though butyllithium is still pretty pyrophoric. Diazomethane is PRETTY damn explosive though. I would never work with it and I've worked with a ton of "dangerous" chemicals. TMS diazomethane FTW though. Ya it's a bit more expensive but probably a million times more stable. Plus I hate blast shields.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Butyllithium is essentially water when compared to t-butyllithium. Some retarded bitch died from using it like 1-2 years ago. Gives pyrophoricity a whole new meaning, though butyllithium is still pretty pyrophoric. Diazomethane is PRETTY damn explosive though. I would never work with it and I've worked with a ton of "dangerous" chemicals. TMS diazomethane FTW though. Ya it's a bit more expensive but probably a million times more stable. Plus I hate blast shields.

yeah i think TMS diazomethane is what i use. Its a yellow liquid. Wikipedia says someone died after eating a hamburger that was near a fume hood where alot of diazomethane was generated. They say dont eat where you **** well dont eat where you do chemistry

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
yeah i think TMS diazomethane is what i use. Its a yellow liquid. Wikipedia says someone died after eating a hamburger that was near a fume hood where alot of diazomethane was generated. They say dont eat where you **** well dont eat where you do chemistry
Ya, TMS diazomethane doesn't need the special glassware and is MUCH safer than legitimate diazomethane.
Meh, I sometimes eat by my hood if I'm slammed with shyt to do. And I often set my coffee cup down in the hood too if I'm doing something that needs more than one hand.

Details...

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Ya, TMS diazomethane doesn't need the special glassware and is MUCH safer than legitimate diazomethane.
Meh, I sometimes eat by my hood if I'm slammed with shyt to do. And I often set my coffee cup down in the hood too if I'm doing something that needs more than one hand.

Details...

do you eat on the toilet too?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you guys talking about drinking coffee in the hood, you are talking about Compton, right?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When you guys talking about drinking coffee in the hood, you are talking about Compton, right?
That's what I took it as. I sometimes eat my soul food in the hood.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Off topic but PA, do you know chemists who've blown **** up by accident? Like is that a common thing?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Off topic but PA, do you know chemists who've blown **** up by accident? Like is that a common thing?

we have had three massive explosions throughout the years that easily could have killed people

and our old production manager was adding sodium methoxide to a reactor at his old job when it ignited and blew up in his face. he has burns all on his face

chemistry is dangerous

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
do you eat on the toilet too?
Just chocolate.
:facepalm:
Did you not read what I wrote? Some bitch died (burned to death) from using t-butyllithium improperly.
we have had three massive explosions throughout the years that easily could have killed peopleand our old production manager was adding sodium methoxide to a reactor at his old job when it ignited and blew up in his face. he has burns all on his facechemistry is dangerous
Wait. Did he make it fresh or was it powdered NaOMe? I always make it fresh at -78 *C to avoid flashing.However, I always add Pd/C to the alcohol I'm performing the reaction and it always gets this cool mini-explosion of flame out the top of the flask for only a second, then it burns out. However, I had a pretty intense ether fire once; recrystallizing something in 2L of ether on a hot plate. A little solvent popped out of the 4L neck, hit the hot plate and just lit up my hot plate, the vapors, the ether in the flask and everything else. Even my tygon tubing was on fire. I covered the flask with a bigass beaker and all it did was burn around the flask. I hit it with the extinguisher with the flask still covered, finished my recrystallization like a boss, then cleaned up later.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Just chocolate.:facepalm:Did you not read what I wrote? Some bitch died (burned to death) from using t-butyllithium improperly.Wait. Did he make it fresh or was it powdered NaOMe? I always make it fresh at -78 *C to avoid flashing.However, I always add Pd/C to the alcohol I'm performing the reaction and it always gets this cool mini-explosion of flame out the top of the flask for only a second, then it burns out. However, I had a pretty intense ether fire once; recrystallizing something in 2L of ether on a hot plate. A little solvent popped out of the 4L neck, hit the hot plate and just lit up my hot plate, the vapors, the ether in the flask and everything else. Even my tygon tubing was on fire. I covered the flask with a bigass beaker and all it did was burn around the flask. I hit it with the extinguisher with the flask still covered, finished my recrystallization like a boss, then cleaned up later.
I am pretty sure it was powdered sodium methoxide

Anyway, you were heating ether on a hot plate? NEVER heat ether on a hot plate!! I learned this back in new jersey. It caught on fire like you said and it burns very hot and very intensely. I put it out with extinguisher. Good lord man. Use a hot water bath or something

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
I am pretty sure it was powdered sodium methoxide

Anyway, you were heating ether on a hot plate? NEVER heat ether on a hot plate!! I learned this back in new jersey. It caught on fire like you said and it burns very hot and very intensely. I put it out with extinguisher. Good lord man. Use a hot water bath or something
Ya, and the vapor is kinda dense so it's pretty easy to light up. I now use a heat gun or a rotovap bath.
Powdered NaOMe is pretty hygroscopic and I suppose it's safer than preparing it or at least having to store pounds of sodium 0 and potential runaway. But I'm surprised to hear about a runaway exotherm with just adding NaOMe to methanol.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Ya, and the vapor is kinda dense so it's pretty easy to light up. I now use a heat gun or a rotovap bath.
Powdered NaOMe is pretty hygroscopic and I suppose it's safer than preparing it or at least having to store pounds of sodium 0 and potential runaway. But I'm surprised to hear about a runaway exotherm with just adding NaOMe to methanol.

i probably got the story wrong. maybe he was adding sodium to methanol to make it

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i hope you hold that heat gun far away when you do that

Ceredumbellum

Awards
we have had three massive explosions throughout the years that easily could have killed people

and our old production manager was adding sodium methoxide to a reactor at his old job when it ignited and blew up in his face. he has burns all on his face
chemistry is dangerous
Read that carefully all of you jagoffs and brochemists. If this can happen to trained and experienced chemists then it sure as hell can happen to you. Just a (not) so friendly heads-up to the idiots that think they can cook meth in their bathrooms and God knows what else invloving dangerous chemicals/ chemical reactions.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I believe iron legion is directly affiliated with Anateus labs so I think its going to be a trustworthy company. As for all the chemistry stuff..oh I know exactly what you're talking about..connect the beeper with the bopper majig...excellent *looks around*

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Read that carefully all of you jagoffs and brochemists. If this can happen to trained and experienced chemists then it sure as hell can happen to you. Just a (not) so friendly heads-up to the idiots that think they can cook meth in their bathrooms and God knows what else invloving dangerous chemicals/ chemical reactions.

i use methanol to clean glassware so there is often methanol in my sink. several times i have thrown stuff with chromium trioxide residue into the sink and have had a fireball come up in my face

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
i use methanol to clean glassware so there is often methanol in my sink. several times i have thrown stuff with chromium trioxide residue into the sink and have had a fireball come up in my face
Chromium waste doesn't go down the sink, noob.

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
In, for more witty banter.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
On a side note though, would like to see if anyone has more info/links on this compound. Also any thoughts as to starting a test cycle with this for first few weeks, ie..progestinic issues?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a side note though, would like to see if anyone has more info/links on this compound. Also any thoughts as to starting a test cycle with this for first few weeks, ie..prolactin issues?
Prolactin issues?

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Prolactin issues?
thx for catching that, coming up on finals and everything seems to blur together, keep calling my daughter my wife's name too.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
On a side note though, would like to see if anyone has more info/links on this compound. Also any thoughts as to starting a test cycle with this for first few weeks, ie..progestinic issues?

i dont think 5alpha reduced androgens can have much progestational acitivity

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so read every post. cliffs, this stuff must of been fun to make. chemicals are dangerous. pa an friends eat and do other stuff in the hood. any old clinical studies on this compound?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Read that carefully all of you jagoffs and brochemists. If this can happen to trained and experienced chemists then it sure as hell can happen to you. Just a (not) so friendly heads-up to the idiots that think they can cook meth in their bathrooms
I've watched every episode of Breaking Bad. Dont worry about me, i know what I'm doing...