Lost a lot of bodyfat since being prescribed....

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Adderall. I know your first thought will probably be that the weight loss has occurred because it's supressing my appetite and I'm taking in fewer calories, but that's not the case. My workouts, nutrition and cardio haven't changed. I've lost 8 pounds in less than 4 weeks and I've maintained my muscle mass while at the same time getting leaner. My entire physique seems to have "hardened up" a lot. I've always kept to a fairly low-carb diet (60 grams or less per day with two carb-load meals every week) and taken in 300 grams of protein and used healthy fats in my foods. Because of this I have never held a lot of water weight to begin with, so I am doubting it's purely water loss. This is probably the leanest I have been in 10 years and, while I didn't think Amphetamines or stimulant type drugs had fat burning effects, something is definately going on here. Again, my nutrition, workouts and cardio haven't changed. The only thing that has is the addition of the Adderall.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Adderall. I know your first thought will probably be that the weight loss has occurred because it's supressing my appetite and I'm taking in fewer calories, but that's not the case. My workouts, nutrition and cardio haven't changed. I've lost 8 pounds in less than 4 weeks and I've maintained my muscle mass while at the same time getting leaner. My entire physique seems to have "hardened up" a lot. I've always kept to a fairly low-carb diet (60 grams or less per day with two carb-load meals every week) and taken in 300 grams of protein and used healthy fats in my foods. Because of this I have never held a lot of water weight to begin with, so I am doubting it's purely water loss. This is probably the leanest I have been in 10 years and, while I didn't think Amphetamines or stimulant type drugs had fat burning effects, something is definately going on here. Again, my nutrition, workouts and cardio haven't changed. The only thing that has is the addition of the Adderall.
Amphetamines and stimulants do increase fat loss

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
I used to take adderall XR30 when it was finals time and man that **** makes you thirsty and kills your appetite..
First day I took it I couldn't sleep and had a massive headache..
After that nothing..
Apparently its the purest form of speed..
Be careful with that stuff though man don't take it when you don't need it or you'll lose the effects after a while.. Know you don't want that.. lol

Ceredumbellum

Awards
What made you think this?
I know a lot of stimulants, prescription and non, help with fat loss indirectly. I've just never seen research or scientific data that directly links Amphetamines to fat loss. I know they dry you out like a mother and supress your appetite to the point of having to remember to eat, but I have never seen anything that shows them having effects similar to, say, Ephedrine (which is a beta-2 agonist). With all this said I'm gonna do some digging and see if I can find anything. If and when I do I'll post it if anybody else is interested.

Ceredumbellum

Awards
I used to take adderall XR30 when it was finals time and man that **** makes you thirsty and kills your appetite..
First day I took it I couldn't sleep and had a massive headache..
After that nothing..
Apparently its the purest form of speed..
Be careful with that stuff though man don't take it when you don't need it or you'll lose the effects after a while.. Know you don't want that.. lol
My doc has me on 10mg, 3x daily. We've gradually increased the dose over the last several weeks to arrive here. It seems to be my "sweet spot" and is working quite well. And I know it can be habit forming, so I've been taking precautions. I take Sundays off completely and on Friday evenings I skip my last 10mg dose if I don't have to work late and have nothing social planned. I've also been researching different NMDA antagonists, as these supposedly help reduce tolerance. I'm going to talk to my doc about a few of these the next time I go in.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
What made you think this?
Adderall has four different types of amphetamine and methamphetamine in it.
It's very serious stuff.
I suggest you be very careful, and only take it as prescribed.

Peace

steppinRazor

Awards
Adderall has four different types of amphetamine and methamphetamine in it.
It's very serious stuff.
I suggest you be very careful, and only take it as prescribed.

Peace
Lmao, dude adderall is a mix of amphetamines, but it sure as hell doesn't contain methamphetamine. Totally different animal there.

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Lmao, dude adderall is a mix of amphetamines, but it sure as hell doesn't contain methamphetamine. Totally different animal there.
Yep... Something to keep in mind is that there is a world of difference between "crystal meth", or street meth that is smoked and pure pharmacuetical grade methamphetamine, which is meant to be taken orally. It is a Schedule II drug and can legally be prescribed for ADHD. With that said I don't think I would want to take methamphetamine, even if it is considered the most effective of the ADHD drugs. I saw a study that compared Desoxyn(Methamphetamine) to Dexedrine (Dextroamphetamine IR) and the results were virtually identical.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
For the record I was not suggesting that adderall contained crystal meth, however it does contain several different types of amphetamine, including pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine.

Peace

nidhogg

Awards
It also contains cocaine, for extra added effect. It comes with a mirror and razorblade

Ceredumbellum

Awards
For the record I was not suggesting that adderall contained crystal meth, however it does contain several different types of amphetamine, including pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine.

Peace
Dude, Adderall does NOT contain pharmacuetical grade methamphetamine. Where are you getting your information?

Kinggrommet

Kinggrommet

Awards
Adderal is 4 different amphetamine salts that metabolize at different rates.

Compare it to Sustanon, same concept.

Def no methamphetamine though.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Peace
No it doesn't. LOL

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
And yes, adderall can definitely increase fat loss. You don't need intrinsic adrenergic receptor activity to induce fat loss. Functionally speaking, a catecholamine releasing agent will do the job

ElMariachi

Awards

Wait, you're taking amphetamine and noticing weight-loss? That's just crazy talk brah. :silly:

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Wait, you're taking amphetamine and noticing weight-loss? That's just crazy talk brah. :silly:
Hahaha.... Go back and read my entire post. I'm not suprised at the fat lost. In fact, I'm quite happy with the results. :) I guess what I'm most suprised with is what seems to be almost pure fat loss. I think mr.cooper69 makes a good point in that any catacholemine releasing agent will, at the very least, burn some calories. I've just never seen any studies on Amphetamines as FAT loss agents. I'm differentiating pure fat loss and weight loss. I know it'll cause weight loss. I was just suprised that one of the properties it seems to have is that of a very potent fat releasing agent. That's what it seems to have done in me anyway. I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking the whole thing.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hahaha.... Go back and read my entire post. I'm not suprised at the fat lost. In fact, I'm quite happy with the results. :) I guess what I'm most suprised with is what seems to be almost pure fat loss. I think mr.cooper69 makes a good point in that any catacholemine releasing agent will, at the very least, burn some calories. I've just never seen any studies on Amphetamines as FAT loss agents. I'm differentiating pure fat loss and weight loss. I know it'll cause weight loss. I was just suprised that one of the properties it seems to have is that of a very potent fat releasing agent. That's what it seems to have done in me anyway. I don't know, maybe I'm overthinking the whole thing.
A large part of the composition of weight loss comes down to diet. If you're eating a high protein diet and training with intensity, it should come as no surprise that muscle was spared (unless dabbling in extreme doses of amphetamine)

technique88

technique88

Awards
Regardless if it does or doesn't its amphetamine. Do you know the difference between the 2...one methyl group and that's it. The methyl group serves the purpose of allowing it to take longer to degrade. In theory you need significantly less "meth" to get the same effects as standard amphetamine. Crystal is just an altered form of methamphetamine so it can be smoked which penetrates the blood brain barrier quicker ad hitting stronger. It's still the same compound doing the same thing.

Adderall is very serious, just because its so commonly prescribed doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. People have this connotation against "meth" but sit there and pop adderall all day. Chemical speaking its one methyl group more than standard amphetamine and biologically speaking it serves the same exact purposes.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Regardless if it does or doesn't its amphetamine. Do you know the difference between the 2...one methyl group and that's it. The methyl group serves the purpose of allowing it to take longer to degrade. In theory you need significantly less "meth" to get the same effects as standard amphetamine. Crystal is just an altered form of methamphetamine so it can be smoked which penetrates the blood brain barrier quicker ad hitting stronger. It's still the same compound doing the same thing.

Adderall is very serious, just because its so commonly prescribed doesn't mean it isn't dangerous. People have this connotation against "meth" but sit there and pop adderall all day. Chemical speaking its one methyl group more than standard amphetamine and biologically speaking it serves the same exact purposes.
The methyl group does much more than simply extending the halflife and improving permeability (e.g. reversing the NE reuptake transporter).

Ceredumbellum

Awards

Agreed to a certain extent. Methamphetamine has a much higher affinity to 5-HT than other forms of Amphetamine, which is believed to be one of the reasons its' abuse potential is higher (and, yes, I know the DEA lists it as a Schedule II substance along with other prescribed Amphetamine salts).

technique88

technique88

Awards
Agreed to a certain extent. Methamphetamine has a much higher affinity to 5-HT than other forms of Amphetamine, which is believed to be one of the reasons its' abuse potential is higher (and, yes, I know the DEA lists it as a Schedule II substance along with other prescribed Amphetamine salts).
So back to the original point lol amphetamine would definitely be an ideal fat burner. All of these new age stimulant based supplements are trying to accomplish the same things just trying to keep the substances legal. Adderall as a very powerful stimulant would be superior in regards of stimulant based fat loss.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
amphetamines arent directly lipolytic (as far as i know) but they are causing your body to pour out tons of hormones that are lipolytic like noradrenaline and perhaps cortisol. Your brain and body are also burning more calories because they are being stimulated

Ceredumbellum

Awards
amphetamines arent directly lipolytic (as far as i know) but they are causing your body to pour out tons of hormones that are lipolytic like noradrenaline and perhaps cortisol. Your brain and body are also burning more calories because they are being stimulated
Interesting.... I have always been under the impression that Cortisol causes lipogenesis and not lipolysis. That's one of many reasons I choose to stick to a low-carbohydrate/ moderate-fat/ high-protein diet. And don't stimulants tend to INCREASE cortisol production? I don't remember if that was actually a scientific study I saw that in or just some broscience, but that's what I've always assumed.

When you say your brain is burning more calories, what exactly do you mean? In my case I am in Ketosis most of the time, but if you wouldn't mind elaborating on that P.A. I would appreciate it. All of that has got my curiosity peaked.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
When you say your brain is burning more calories, what exactly do you mean? In my case I am in Ketosis most of the time, but if you wouldn't mind elaborating on that P.A. I would appreciate it. All of that has got my curiosity peaked.
Isnt it pretty obvious that when you are on a stimulant the metabolic activity in your brain is increased? That requires fuel. Your brain uses up about 20 percent or so of your glucose usually. It can switch to ketones of course as fuel

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Interesting.... I have always been under the impression that Cortisol causes lipogenesis and not lipolysis. .

It causes both. In the short term it is lipolytic. IN the long term it will stimulate the differentiation of pre adipocytes as well as increase the storage of triglycerides in certain locations.

cortisol is a benefit during working out usually, as when in the presence of elevated gh and noradrenaline its negative effects are mostly suppressed and its regulation of blood gluose and fatty acids for fuel help you perform

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
It causes both. In the short term it is lipolytic. IN the long term it will stimulate the differentiation of pre adipocytes as well as increase the storage of triglycerides in certain locations.

cortisol is a benefit during working out usually, as when in the presence of elevated gh and noradrenaline its negative effects are mostly suppressed and its regulation of blood gluose and fatty acids for fuel help you perform
So, say someone is cortisol deficient,

would popping some oral cortisol with ephedrine before a cardio session be beneficial?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
So, say someone is cortisol deficient,would popping some oral cortisol with ephedrine before a cardio session be beneficial?
if someone is cortisol deficient than that is a serious medical condition, and they probably should be taking oral hydrocortisone (aka cortisol) to begin with

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Lol, right.

Noze

Awards
I`ve noticed that when using Concerta I am sweating all the time. Also, when the dose hits I have to run to bathroom.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I`ve noticed that when using Concerta I am sweating all the time. Also, when the dose hits I have to run to bathroom.
some stims will do that. its a good thing sometimes

Daxter

Daxter

Awards
Since amphetamines are stimulants, would there be a danger in using other stimulants at the same time, or would it depend greatly on what the other stimulant was? ie if someone was to using Dextroamphetamine, stay away from stimulant based fat burners like alphamine etc? If appetite is already suppressed, would the fat burner help prevent muscle waste through encouraging the utilization of fat for energy?
or just a matter of stim tolerence and personal comfort more than anything else?

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Since amphetamines are stimulants, would there be a danger in using other stimulants at the same time, or would it depend greatly on what the other stimulant was? ie if someone was to using Dextroamphetamine, stay away from stimulant based fat burners like alphamine etc? or just a matter of stim tolerence and personal comfort more than anything else?
I believe it varies and is very individual. I take 20mg of Adderall twice a day (40mg total) and still take in caffeine (which actually potentiates the Adderall). My advice? First thing would be to make sure you don't have any cardiovascular issues (I am assuming this is Dr. prescribed). Then I would start off with small doses of given stimulant and see how it interacts with your Dex. and how you well you tolerate it.