Transdermal 4-OHA (Formestane) and dermals in general

  1. New Member
    Petrichor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    1175
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    48.57%

    Transdermal 4-OHA (Formestane) and dermals in general


    So I'll just jump right into it...

    I'm looking at this bottle a popular transdermal 4-oha product. It seems to get unanimously good reviews from all the bros. But there are some details I've got to question:

    The product is 50mg 4-oha/ml. According to the maker of the prod, getting 10% delivery of a substance through transdermal is actually quite good. Assuming this, that means that we might equate one serving of this product to injecting 5mg of 4-oha. By this standard, at the high end of the dosing schedule for this product, we can get the equivalent of 20mg 4-oha.

    Seems like a very low dose. Would you say so?

    A side feature: the gel itself has undissolved crystals of 4-oha which dry and flake off the surface of the skin in what seems like a significant amount. This characteristic is deemed as "normal" by the maker and the fans. Is this indeed something to consider normal?

    I've used a variety of dermals in the past and never noticed such characteristics. My assumption is that if there is undissolved actives flaking off the skin surface, then you've got a problem.

    Thanks for your time PA.

  2. Senior Member
    testosteronet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    215582
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    21.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Transdermal 4-OHA (Formestane) and dermals in general


    Sub for answer
  3. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554326
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
    So I'll just jump right into it...

    I'm looking at this bottle a popular transdermal 4-oha product. It seems to get unanimously good reviews from all the bros. But there are some details I've got to question:

    The product is 50mg 4-oha/ml. According to the maker of the prod, getting 10% delivery of a substance through transdermal is actually quite good. Assuming this, that means that we might equate one serving of this product to injecting 5mg of 4-oha. By this standard, at the high end of the dosing schedule for this product, we can get the equivalent of 20mg 4-oha.

    Seems like a very low dose. Would you say so?

    A side feature: the gel itself has undissolved crystals of 4-oha which dry and flake off the surface of the skin in what seems like a significant amount. This characteristic is deemed as "normal" by the maker and the fans. Is this indeed something to consider normal?

    I've used a variety of dermals in the past and never noticed such characteristics. My assumption is that if there is undissolved actives flaking off the skin surface, then you've got a problem.

    Thanks for your time PA.
    what is the typical dose for injectable formestane as an aromatase inhibitor drugz?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   
       

  4. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554326
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    product residue on skin is not good. however i dunno what their base contains, and it could be something from the base that is on your skin, such as a polymer
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  5. New Member
    Petrichor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    1175
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    48.57%

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    what is the typical dose for injectable formestane as an aromatase inhibitor drugz?
    Off the top of my head, I think the medical dosage re breast cancer of Lentaron Depot was up to 250mg a week. For bodybuilding, the dosage can get as high as 400-600mg per week (which probably results in a notceable amount of hydroxytest). I think the half life in this form is around 3 or 4 days.

    I know when this stuff was available as an oral supp, the dosage had to be really high-- around 600mg daily.
  6. New Member
    Petrichor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    1175
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    48.57%

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    product residue on skin is not good. however i dunno what their base contains, and it could be something from the base that is on your skin, such as a polymer
    Water, isopropyl alcohol, glycerin, carbomer, aminomethyl propanol, propylene glycol, isopropyl myristate, aloe, vit. E


    Incidentally, these are the same ingredients found in a $1 bottle of hand sanitizer I picked up. The hand sanitizer, by comparison, leaves no residue.
  7. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554326
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    20 mg a day would be like 140mg a week. enuff for estrogen suppresssion? i dunno

    get a blood test
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  8. New Member
    Petrichor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    1175
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    48.57%

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    20 mg a day would be like 140mg a week. enuff for estrogen suppresssion? i dunno

    get a blood test
    lol okay

    ... ****, I think I actually had this exact same discussion back in 2004.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. transdermal formestane and...
    By jsp0785 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 12:29 AM
  2. Formestane and Bulk trione back in Sock
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 02:04 PM
  3. Leucine XT and Leucine in general.....
    By Halveye in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 01:43 AM
  4. fina and prop in the same pin
    By ironviking in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 07:27 PM
  5. transdermal T-1 pro and sex
    By Anabolxxx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in