Transdermal 4-OHA (Formestane) and dermals in general

Petrichor

Petrichor

Awards
So I'll just jump right into it...

I'm looking at this bottle a popular transdermal 4-oha product. It seems to get unanimously good reviews from all the bros. But there are some details I've got to question:

The product is 50mg 4-oha/ml. According to the maker of the prod, getting 10% delivery of a substance through transdermal is actually quite good. Assuming this, that means that we might equate one serving of this product to injecting 5mg of 4-oha. By this standard, at the high end of the dosing schedule for this product, we can get the equivalent of 20mg 4-oha.

Seems like a very low dose. Would you say so?

A side feature: the gel itself has undissolved crystals of 4-oha which dry and flake off the surface of the skin in what seems like a significant amount. This characteristic is deemed as "normal" by the maker and the fans. Is this indeed something to consider normal?

I've used a variety of dermals in the past and never noticed such characteristics. My assumption is that if there is undissolved actives flaking off the skin surface, then you've got a problem.

Thanks for your time PA.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
So I'll just jump right into it...

I'm looking at this bottle a popular transdermal 4-oha product. It seems to get unanimously good reviews from all the bros. But there are some details I've got to question:

The product is 50mg 4-oha/ml. According to the maker of the prod, getting 10% delivery of a substance through transdermal is actually quite good. Assuming this, that means that we might equate one serving of this product to injecting 5mg of 4-oha. By this standard, at the high end of the dosing schedule for this product, we can get the equivalent of 20mg 4-oha.

Seems like a very low dose. Would you say so?

A side feature: the gel itself has undissolved crystals of 4-oha which dry and flake off the surface of the skin in what seems like a significant amount. This characteristic is deemed as "normal" by the maker and the fans. Is this indeed something to consider normal?

I've used a variety of dermals in the past and never noticed such characteristics. My assumption is that if there is undissolved actives flaking off the skin surface, then you've got a problem.

Thanks for your time PA.
what is the typical dose for injectable formestane as an aromatase inhibitor drugz?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
product residue on skin is not good. however i dunno what their base contains, and it could be something from the base that is on your skin, such as a polymer

Petrichor

Petrichor

Awards
what is the typical dose for injectable formestane as an aromatase inhibitor drugz?
Off the top of my head, I think the medical dosage re breast cancer of Lentaron Depot was up to 250mg a week. For bodybuilding, the dosage can get as high as 400-600mg per week (which probably results in a notceable amount of hydroxytest). I think the half life in this form is around 3 or 4 days.

I know when this stuff was available as an oral supp, the dosage had to be really high-- around 600mg daily.

Petrichor

Petrichor

Awards
product residue on skin is not good. however i dunno what their base contains, and it could be something from the base that is on your skin, such as a polymer
Water, isopropyl alcohol, glycerin, carbomer, aminomethyl propanol, propylene glycol, isopropyl myristate, aloe, vit. E

Incidentally, these are the same ingredients found in a $1 bottle of hand sanitizer I picked up. The hand sanitizer, by comparison, leaves no residue.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
20 mg a day would be like 140mg a week. enuff for estrogen suppresssion? i dunno

get a blood test