Transdermal 4-OHA (Formestane) and dermals in general - AnabolicMinds.com

Transdermal 4-OHA (Formestane) and dermals in general

1. New Member

So I'll just jump right into it...

I'm looking at this bottle a popular transdermal 4-oha product. It seems to get unanimously good reviews from all the bros. But there are some details I've got to question:

The product is 50mg 4-oha/ml. According to the maker of the prod, getting 10% delivery of a substance through transdermal is actually quite good. Assuming this, that means that we might equate one serving of this product to injecting 5mg of 4-oha. By this standard, at the high end of the dosing schedule for this product, we can get the equivalent of 20mg 4-oha.

Seems like a very low dose. Would you say so?

A side feature: the gel itself has undissolved crystals of 4-oha which dry and flake off the surface of the skin in what seems like a significant amount. This characteristic is deemed as "normal" by the maker and the fans. Is this indeed something to consider normal?

I've used a variety of dermals in the past and never noticed such characteristics. My assumption is that if there is undissolved actives flaking off the skin surface, then you've got a problem.

Thanks for your time PA.

2. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sub for answer
  3. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
    So I'll just jump right into it...

I'm looking at this bottle a popular transdermal 4-oha product. It seems to get unanimously good reviews from all the bros. But there are some details I've got to question:

The product is 50mg 4-oha/ml. According to the maker of the prod, getting 10% delivery of a substance through transdermal is actually quite good. Assuming this, that means that we might equate one serving of this product to injecting 5mg of 4-oha. By this standard, at the high end of the dosing schedule for this product, we can get the equivalent of 20mg 4-oha.

Seems like a very low dose. Would you say so?

A side feature: the gel itself has undissolved crystals of 4-oha which dry and flake off the surface of the skin in what seems like a significant amount. This characteristic is deemed as "normal" by the maker and the fans. Is this indeed something to consider normal?

I've used a variety of dermals in the past and never noticed such characteristics. My assumption is that if there is undissolved actives flaking off the skin surface, then you've got a problem.

Thanks for your time PA.
    what is the typical dose for injectable formestane as an aromatase inhibitor drugz?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   

4. Featured Author

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

product residue on skin is not good. however i dunno what their base contains, and it could be something from the base that is on your skin, such as a polymer
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    what is the typical dose for injectable formestane as an aromatase inhibitor drugz?
    Off the top of my head, I think the medical dosage re breast cancer of Lentaron Depot was up to 250mg a week. For bodybuilding, the dosage can get as high as 400-600mg per week (which probably results in a notceable amount of hydroxytest). I think the half life in this form is around 3 or 4 days.

I know when this stuff was available as an oral supp, the dosage had to be really high-- around 600mg daily.
  6. New Member

product residue on skin is not good. however i dunno what their base contains, and it could be something from the base that is on your skin, such as a polymer
    Water, isopropyl alcohol, glycerin, carbomer, aminomethyl propanol, propylene glycol, isopropyl myristate, aloe, vit. E

Incidentally, these are the same ingredients found in a $1 bottle of hand sanitizer I picked up. The hand sanitizer, by comparison, leaves no residue.
  7. Featured Author

20 mg a day would be like 140mg a week. enuff for estrogen suppresssion? i dunno

get a blood test
  8. New Member

20 mg a day would be like 140mg a week. enuff for estrogen suppresssion? i dunno

get a blood test
    lol okay

... ****, I think I actually had this exact same discussion back in 2004.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. transdermal formestane and...
    By jsp0785 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 10:29 PM
  2. Formestane and Bulk trione back in Sock
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 12:04 PM
  3. Leucine XT and Leucine in general.....
    By Halveye in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 11:43 PM
  4. fina and prop in the same pin
    By ironviking in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 05:27 PM
  5. transdermal T-1 pro and sex
    By Anabolxxx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 10:51 AM