pterostilbene...Methylated Resveratrol? Stacking w/ R-Spray?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Hi Pat (or anyone else with some valuable knowledge), I just came across some articles on a compound called pterosilbene, is a phytoalexin of Bluberries (resveratrol being a phytoalexin of Grapes). It I guess is a methylated resveratrol? With 70-90% bioavailability compared to 20-30% for Resveratrol and a half life in the body of approx 110min compared to 14 minutes for Resveratrol. Note, the statistics given above are for orally administered Resveratrol, not transdermally like such products as R-Spray and Sustain Alpha.

Guess my question is, do you have any familiararity with this compound? I've read that it's synergistic with Resveratrol, even given the poor bioavailability or orally taken Resveratrol. I have some R-Spray (great product BTW) and plan to continue taking it. Should I expect better results for both/either considering they will be stacked, with a more bioavailable Trans-Resveratrol being delivered transdermally?

The pterostilbene just sounds like an amazing compound to take for overall health and wellness. To stack that on top of R-Spray just seems to make it a "super stack" in many regards. I guess you'd only be able to comment if you know anything about the pterostilbene.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi Pat (or anyone else with some valuable knowledge), I just came across some articles on a compound called pterosilbene, is a phytoalexin of Bluberries (resveratrol being a phytoalexin of Grapes). It I guess is a methylated resveratrol? With 70-90% bioavailability compared to 20-30% for Resveratrol and a half life in the body of approx 110min compared to 14 minutes for Resveratrol. Note, the statistics given above are for orally administered Resveratrol, not transdermally like such products as R-Spray and Sustain Alpha.

Guess my question is, do you have any familiararity with this compound? I've read that it's synergistic with Resveratrol, even given the poor bioavailability or orally taken Resveratrol. I have some R-Spray (great product BTW) and plan to continue taking it. Should I expect better results for both/either considering they will be stacked, with a more bioavailable Trans-Resveratrol being delivered transdermally?

The pterostilbene just sounds like an amazing compound to take for overall health and wellness. To stack that on top of R-Spray just seems to make it a "super stack" in many regards. I guess you'd only be able to comment if you know anything about the pterostilbene.
Im interested in this!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
it supposed to share some activities with resveratrol but not sure if it shares all of them. i never seen life extension or exercise studies on rats with the stuff like they have with res