pterostilbene...Methylated Resveratrol? Stacking w/ R-Spray?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

pterostilbene...Methylated Resveratrol? Stacking w/ R-Spray?

Hi Pat (or anyone else with some valuable knowledge), I just came across some articles on a compound called pterosilbene, is a phytoalexin of Bluberries (resveratrol being a phytoalexin of Grapes). It I guess is a methylated resveratrol? With 70-90% bioavailability compared to 20-30% for Resveratrol and a half life in the body of approx 110min compared to 14 minutes for Resveratrol. Note, the statistics given above are for orally administered Resveratrol, not transdermally like such products as R-Spray and Sustain Alpha.

Guess my question is, do you have any familiararity with this compound? I've read that it's synergistic with Resveratrol, even given the poor bioavailability or orally taken Resveratrol. I have some R-Spray (great product BTW) and plan to continue taking it. Should I expect better results for both/either considering they will be stacked, with a more bioavailable Trans-Resveratrol being delivered transdermally?

The pterostilbene just sounds like an amazing compound to take for overall health and wellness. To stack that on top of R-Spray just seems to make it a "super stack" in many regards. I guess you'd only be able to comment if you know anything about the pterostilbene.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    Hi Pat (or anyone else with some valuable knowledge), I just came across some articles on a compound called pterosilbene, is a phytoalexin of Bluberries (resveratrol being a phytoalexin of Grapes). It I guess is a methylated resveratrol? With 70-90% bioavailability compared to 20-30% for Resveratrol and a half life in the body of approx 110min compared to 14 minutes for Resveratrol. Note, the statistics given above are for orally administered Resveratrol, not transdermally like such products as R-Spray and Sustain Alpha.

Guess my question is, do you have any familiararity with this compound? I've read that it's synergistic with Resveratrol, even given the poor bioavailability or orally taken Resveratrol. I have some R-Spray (great product BTW) and plan to continue taking it. Should I expect better results for both/either considering they will be stacked, with a more bioavailable Trans-Resveratrol being delivered transdermally?

The pterostilbene just sounds like an amazing compound to take for overall health and wellness. To stack that on top of R-Spray just seems to make it a "super stack" in many regards. I guess you'd only be able to comment if you know anything about the pterostilbene.
    Im interested in this!
  3. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

it supposed to share some activities with resveratrol but not sure if it shares all of them. i never seen life extension or exercise studies on rats with the stuff like they have with res
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 12:54 PM
  2. methyl d,prostan,methyl rage stack
    By frankpt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 02:20 AM
  3. Please citique Mega-Zol/Methyl-Drol stack!
    By Balla in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
  4. Any good resultsfrom hardcorelabs methyl-mass stacks?
    By RaZoR-ShaRp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 05:54 AM
  5. (newbie question) test prop/Methyl 1T stack?
    By LilDon in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:17 AM