Is this DSHEA compliant?

Ceredumbellum

Awards
Is N-Benzyl-2-phenethylamine DSHEA compliant? It appears that it is found in nature (though that has been disputed by some) and, when taken by itself, produces near amphetamine - like results. It's already been found in more than a few supplements and we're hearing more and more chatter about it being the next big thing in the supplement industry. I was over on "the other board" earlier (yank, yank) and there is a similar thread about this. The problem is nobody seemed to be able to say one way or the other whether or not it is DSHEA compliant. We know that just because something is found in nature doesn't automatically make it DSHEA compliant. On the contrary... There are countless naturally occurring compounds that can land you in a sh!theap of trouble with the law if they happened to be in your possession; not to mention if you put them in dietary supplements.
I know for some it seems like I'm beating a dead horse bringing this up when most of the talk of it and that one CRAZY supplement seems to have died down. But I've taken it as a stand alone and I have to say that, with the exception of the crash you experience when it wears off, it is a very potent and effective supplement that seems to be beneficial in many areas. It could be the next big thing if it turns out it is legal to manufacture, market and sell as a dietary supplement.
PA... If you're around and aren't completely sick of talking about this particular PEA, I would love to hear your input; specifically pertaining to its' chemical structure and how that structure relates to its' legality as a dietary supplement. Thanks in advance for everybody's input.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I assume you read the tons i have written about it already.

i believe it might be found in a plant.

as far as whether that makes a synthetic copy of the compound found in the plant dshea compliant is debatable. plus, i dunno what uses the plant might have as a food or herbal traditional medicine to begin with

lronFist

Banned
Awards
I assume you read the tons i have written about it already.

i believe it might be found in a plant.

as far as whether that makes a synthetic copy of the compound found in the plant dshea compliant is debatable. plus, i dunno what uses the plant might have as a food or herbal traditional medicine to begin with
japsonline. com /admin/php/uploads/283_pdf.pdf (Table 1, Compound 14)