any lean muscle supplements I could take?

Paddy

Awards
Im currently trying to lean up a little bit but id like to gain a little muscle too.
Im training hard and my diet is a consistent 35:30:35 as not to have too high carbs and water retention (I get very high water from carbs)
I would like to add something to help me out in the supplement department, maybe a DHEA metabolite or something else, preferably non hormonal seeing as my age is 18, unless it is a very safe hormone, id not like to take it.
I currently have Fish oils, creatine, whey protein.
Is there anything such as a recomp supplement I can take?
also Im into my 2nd year of serious training now, just before people say Im a complete beginner, even though 2 years isnt very long.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
dhea metablites are in the prohormone category so those are out. most supplements are bunk as hell unless you buy the bulk ingredients that work. that leaves you with diet, which has the most effect on how lean your gains will be. i, not talking about macro breakdown like you posted, but focus on finding your personal bmr, and eat barely over it. thepoint is to grow, not eat enough for extra cals to be stored for energy

Paddy

Awards
Diet is usually very important to me, I keep that one quite tight, so few faults occur there. I didnt realise they were prohormones too, would they cause suppression in the same way then? My BMR though is apparently around 1850, but with my activity and my size I know that if I have below 2400 I am not getting enough to grow. Ive heard of insulin mimickers and done a little research, would they be of any use here?

Paddy

Awards
Im planning on bumping up my fat intake to 45% of my diet and lowering carbs to 25% or around that.
What is this AP stuff?

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Diet is usually very important to me, I keep that one quite tight, so few faults occur there. I didnt realise they were prohormones too, would they cause suppression in the same way then? My BMR though is apparently around 1850, but with my activity and my size I know that if I have below 2400 I am not getting enough to grow. Ive heard of insulin mimickers and done a little research, would they be of any use here?
they have the potential too, but nearly as bad as the methyls. theyre really the only "prohormones" left on the market becase most everything else is just a methylated steroid. dhea metablites have 2 conversions

Paddy

Awards
they have the potential too, but nearly as bad as the methyls. theyre really the only "prohormones" left on the market becase most everything else is just a methylated steroid. dhea metablites have 2 conversions
Luckily for me I am in the UK, so am able to get all of the above very easily if I decided on using one. Is there nothing really available to me for leaning me out a bit whilst helping be get that extra bit of muscle, even if I stayed at 165lbs and then dropped 3.5% fat then I'd be very happy!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Dropping 3.5% while maintaining mass would be a very successful recomp

Paddy

Awards
Id have to lose 5 pounds fat and gain 5 pounds muscle, if my calc is correct.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im planning on bumping up my fat intake to 45% of my diet and lowering carbs to 25% or around that.
What is this AP stuff?
In a nutshell, AP activates GLUT4 in striated muscle cells without exercise or insulin. GLUT4 is a transport protein that is responsible for glucose disposal in muscle and fat cells. GLUT4 is activated by Insulin, exercise, or AP

You can also search "Anabolic Pump" theyre the same thing, AP is just the "new" version

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
a dozen supplements would be considered worth it.....any of our growth series products would work perfectly fine for your goals

chimeranD

Awards
From the sounds of it Ur-Spray would be perfect for you. It's a non-ph supplement that would work great for a recomp.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
can you run alphamine if your trying to gain mass? Would that be counter productive? And the best suppliment for staying lean : Chicken :D

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
From the sounds of it Ur-Spray would be perfect for you. It's a non-ph supplement that would work great for a recomp.
apologies for jumping in on what apparently has become the USP/PES forum but i concur that Ur spray is a great choicehttp://www.prototypenutrition.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=UR

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
can you run alphamine if your trying to gain mass? Would that be counter productive? And the best suppliment for staying lean : Chicken :D
Yes

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
murk01

murk01

Awards
BCAA, help mantaine muscle when cutting, there are better options, this is the easy and cheap.

..... And chicken breast, plenty of it

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Yah! and there is tons of anecdotal and scientific evidence to prove it is efficacious. Just do a search on here for UR-Spray and look at some of the logs. All that other stuff....meh!

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
I concur with the UR-Spray suggestion. I have used 4+ bottles and really like the product.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Would DHEA metabolites be safe for a 19 year old with proper PCT?

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
i wouldnt suggest anything to a 19 year old for the sole fact that your endocrine system is not fully developed and you run the risk of ****ing with it by adding exo hormones to your body

grandroid828

Awards
Does anybody else feel bad for patrick having to deal with the most basic of questions in the "advanced discussion" thread? Lol

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Would DHEA metabolites be safe for a 19 year old with proper PCT?
Probably , but I don't like recommending to youngsters, for this reason, you haven't had a chance to see what you can do without hormonal assistance. Work out hard and eat right, when you've plateaued and get stagnant then consider hormonal assistance. That shouldn't be for a long time. At your age your T-levels are high enjoy it while you can

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I concur with the UR-Spray suggestion. I have used 4+ bottles and really like the product.
I am addicited and refuse to be without it or its brother Pump Spray

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Probably , but I don't like recommending to youngsters, for this reason, you haven't had a chance to see what you can do without hormonal assistance. Work out hard and eat right, when you've plateaued and get stagnant then consider hormonal assistance. That shouldn't be for a long time. At your age your T-levels are high enjoy it while you can
I was just wondering. I probably won't do any anabolics yet cause I'm kind of freaked out at the thought of not growing anymore ever and possibly losing hair. It just pisses me off to see all these bastard kids that have lifted for 6 months already on their 3rd cycle and getting bigger and stronger than me . I'm still keeping up strength wise at least.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
I was just wondering. I probably won't do any anabolics yet cause I'm kind of freaked out at the thought of not growing anymore ever and possibly losing hair. It just pisses me off to see all these bastard kids that have lifted for 6 months already on their 3rd cycle and getting bigger and stronger than me . I'm still keeping up strength wise at least.
just remember, the majority of the kids that do that so quickly arnt just the quitters, but they never learned their basics like how to diet. they will lose it all once they stop. its really soemthing when you can crank out 280 for reps on the bench all natty. the gear user kids will never dream of that strength because they dont know how to trai or eat correctly

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
in the long run they will probably not reach their full potential as they would have if they had lifted natural for years first

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
just remember, the majority of the kids that do that so quickly arnt just the quitters, but they never learned their basics like how to diet. they will lose it all once they stop. its really soemthing when you can crank out 280 for reps on the bench all natty. the gear user kids will never dream of that strength because they dont know how to trai or eat correctly
I agree. Most of the kids my age will take PHs just to bench 225 and not even squat 315 . I actually know of 2 kids who have taken 5 cycles of stuff like Ultradrol and Halovar and still bench around 175. It's pretty sad.

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
How solid is your diet? I've found that on a cut taking R-ala, chromium, vanadyl sulfate around my large carbs meals was very effective. Natty stack could be a good non ph that works great for recomps..

Beejis60

Beejis60

Awards
How solid is your diet? I've found that on a cut taking R-ala, chromium, vanadyl sulfate around my large carbs meals was very effective. Natty stack could be a good non ph that works great for recomps..
Chromium and vanadyl are poor supplements. R-ALA, however, is a good recommendation, however I prefer the sodium salt due to its inability to polymerize over time and/or with heat.