6-Methyluracil

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Patrick, years ago you released a creatine product called Cell Fuel. I took it at the time and even though I was still getting good beginner gains (only had 4 years of training under my belt at the time) Cell Fuel seemed to greatly increase my strength gains much more so than any other creatine. I had used both Creapure and regular creatine ethyl ester at the time and did not achieve nearly the same results. I figured it may have been due in part to the 6-Methyluracil in the product. I have not seen this on the market since it was offered by Giant Nutrition and as a part of cell fuel.

My question is do you think 6-Methyluracil is still a worthwile supplement to take?

I remember reading 3 grams daily was required for proper saturation is this correct?

And finally, could ingesting whole gram amounts of nucleotides lead to the potential mispairings at the DNA/RNA and are their any other safety concerns that you are aware of?

Obviously, I do not expect you to read through countless studies or anything but I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this off the top of your head.

I have been curious about experimenting with this stuff for years now and forgot about it until I found the old empty bottle of cell fuel when I moved my parents. I have been reading studies on its healing effects on muscle and burn wounds as well and it has me interested for future use in case of a reinjured rotator cuff etc. Thanks again for the help.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Patrick, years ago you released a creatine product called Cell Fuel. I took it at the time and even though I was still getting good beginner gains (only had 4 years of training under my belt at the time) Cell Fuel seemed to greatly increase my strength gains much more so than any other creatine. I had used both Creapure and regular creatine ethyl ester at the time and did not achieve nearly the same results. I figured it may have been due in part to the 6-Methyluracil in the product. I have not seen this on the market since it was offered by Giant Nutrition and as a part of cell fuel.

My question is do you think 6-Methyluracil is still a worthwile supplement to take?

I remember reading 3 grams daily was required for proper saturation is this correct?

And finally, could ingesting whole gram amounts of nucleotides lead to the potential mispairings at the DNA/RNA and are their any other safety concerns that you are aware of?

Obviously, I do not expect you to read through countless studies or anything but I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on this off the top of your head.

I have been curious about experimenting with this stuff for years now and forgot about it until I found the old empty bottle of cell fuel when I moved my parents. I have been reading studies on its healing effects on muscle and burn wounds as well and it has me interested for future use in case of a reinjured rotator cuff etc. Thanks again for the help.

6-methyluracil has a lot of studies on it that show promising stuff. Its also pretty inexpensive. there is no reason to believe it will substitute uracil as a nucleotide in RNA or something, and there are no indications of toxicity in the literature

RD929

Awards
6-methyluracil has a lot of studies on it that show promising stuff. Its also pretty inexpensive. there is no reason to believe it will substitute uracil as a nucleotide in RNA or something, and there are no indications of toxicity in the literature
That stuff was awesome. Why do I have a feeling that epharm product you're talking about might be a creatine type product?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
That stuff was awesome. Why do I have a feeling that epharm product you're talking about might be a creatine type product?
nope

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 0
Supplements 9
Supplements 5