Phenibut a "drug"?

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Greetings Pat,

I know Phenibut is not an AAS or PH, but given your knowledge of chemistry and compounds , I was curious about your opinion of the compoundas to being a true "drug". Internet literature says the Russian cosmonauts used it for relief of anxiety, and compared it to Valium . Based on its structure and action do you consider it a drug??

Thanks in advance

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Greetings Pat,

I know Phenibut is not an AAS or PH, but given your knowledge of chemistry and compounds , I was curious about your opinion of the compoundas to being a true "drug". Internet literature says the Russian cosmonauts used it for relief of anxiety, and compared it to Valium . Based on its structure and action do you consider it a drug??

Thanks in advance
everything that has an effect on the body is a drug. Foods can be drugs.

the legal definition of drug is another thing. the status of phenibut as a supplement is a little grey

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Personally, phenibut feels very similar to xanax to me. I was actually pretty surprised.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Personally, phenibut feels very similar to xanax to me. I was actually pretty surprised.
both act on GABA receptors. Phenibut acts as an agonist directly and xanax potentiates the receptor to endogenous GABA

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
everything that has an effect on the body is a drug. Foods can be drugs.

the legal definition of drug is another thing. the status of phenibut as a supplement is a little grey
PERFECTLY SAID

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
justreading Supplements 8