Betaine Anhydrous, thoughts?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What would be your thoughts on the use of Trimethylglycine (TMG) in regards to:

a)Hypertrophy

b)Adipose tissue reduction

c)"Pumps"

d)Use for Endurance increase in resistance training?

All that also factoring in its bioavailability orally also. Just wanted to pick your brains on this, ingredient caught my eye and I would like to know doses for it to be effective in any of those aspects (if any at all) :).

Thanks for the time Pat!

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
Also curious about this supp, seeing it more in preworkouts

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Also curious about this supp, seeing it more in preworkouts
Same , but being a bbdotcom sh1t feauturette I has me doubts obviously. Furthermore...I already have some thoughts on it, but...The Man , The Legend...PA...Can bring more light into this ;)! Or Dish me away with a funny comment telling me basically he doesn't give a crap about this ingredient.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There is a thread where someone is doing there own type of performance study. Maybe I'll see if I can bump it for results.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
There is a thread where someone is doing there own type of performance study. Maybe I'll see if I can bump it for results.
I saw! I don't remember if it was ZigRed or something like that who was doing a study on it!! I just never knew if he posted the final thoughts on it or results of the research!

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I saw! I don't remember if it was ZigRed or something like that who was doing a study on it!! I just never knew if he posted the final thoughts on it or results of the research!
Just found it and bumped for results

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pm me the link please haha xD
On my phone man, kinda a bish to pm. It is the second or third thread in the general supps form. If ya don't see it I'll pm it later.

PA, your thoughts on the AM app? :D

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Subbed been wanting to ask this.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
used this as a preworkout awhile back and had decent results I believe I started at 500mg and went as high as 2g I believe

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
used this as a preworkout awhile back and had decent results I believe I started at 500mg and went as high as 2g I believe
2.5g is the main studied dose, unfortunately.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I'm still doubtful of it, might give it a shot at 2.5g though

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The individual you are talking about is Zir Red who is doing his dissertaion on TMG. I would suggest that if you have questions about TMG you shoot him a PM.

If you would like to review the research on it I have a compiled most of it in this thread - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-articles/183806-betaine-ergogenic-aid.html

As for if it works or not. After reviewing the research I think one of the main mechanisim at play here which would also benifit your typical gym goer is the increased methylation capacity which will reduce Hcy-Thiol and thus improve protein synthesis. This would be most profound in those individuals who do not eat veggies regularly.

This to me seems to be the best reason to take it as the other benifits (nutrient partitioning, increased GH pulse, IGF1, etc) has questionable research and conflicting research so it is not as clear but hopefully ZirReds study would help clear some of it help.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
What would be your thoughts on the use of Trimethylglycine (TMG) in regards to:

a)Hypertrophy

b)Adipose tissue reduction

c)"Pumps"

d)Use for Endurance increase in resistance training?

All that also factoring in its bioavailability orally also. Just wanted to pick your brains on this, ingredient caught my eye and I would like to know doses for it to be effective in any of those aspects (if any at all) :).

Thanks for the time Pat!
betaine is not gonna do anything noticeable in any of those areas. that doesnt mean its inclusion in a supplement formula is a complete waste.