Prolactin/E2/DAA

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Hello sir,

I was hoping you could touch on the subject of the relation between estrogen levels and prolactin. Last time I took DAA a strange experience happened (I told you once a long time ago but I am sure you do not recall since everyone tells you their life stories on these forums). When I took DAA for three weeks I had blood work done, to my surprise my total test was decreased slightly and my prolactin was elevated above normal. Unfortunately, I did not have my E2 tested. I am confused slightly on the relation between E2 and prolactin. I have read that if estrogen is under control then it is very rare to have increased prolactin, but is it possible to have estrogen under control and still have increased prolactin symptoms? I was hoping to try DAA one last time and use a high dose of an AI and get blood work again (this time including E2 levels). I also got very moody and lost libido at week 3 of DAA, but I am not sure if that was because of the prolactin or a sign of elevated E2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
most of the info (if not all) i've found is on pregnant women, as it isn't normal to have hormone fluctuations like you do when you are using exogenous hormones.

but, the hormone imblance is what it is.

'Estrogen promotes prolactin secretion but inhibits its action on the breast.'

it seems progesterone also inhibits prolactins action on the breast as well, if you cared.

once estrogen is lowered, and progestin is lowered, then the elevated prolactin can do it's work.

if all your hormones are in balance, then your fine.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
most of the info (if not all) i've found is on pregnant women, as it isn't normal to have hormone fluctuations like you do when you are using exogenous hormones.

it seems progesterone also inhibits prolactins action on the breast as well, if you cared.

once estrogen is lowered, and progestin is lowered, then the elevated prolactin can do it's work.

While those relationships would mitigate prolactin-induced gyno, what about prolactin's effects on other systems?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established

I think I'll just do myself a favor and stay away from DAA... solo was not enjoyable, neither was running it with erase. O well.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What happened to you when you ran it with erase?