bulbine natalensis

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Hi

im just curious what your thoughts are about this herb and although studies have been done on rodents , wonder if its promising for humans.

thanks

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Hi

im just curious what your thoughts are about this herb and although studies have been done on rodents , wonder if its promising for humans.

thanks

i dont think about it.....at all

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that means it f*cking sucks op

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
I did try SNS Bulbine for 7 days but getting annoying diarrhea and no significant boost in libido or erection so decided to stop.
Maybe this product will be great for some or most people - just my body doesn't like it.

I did read one study on rats where Bulbine caused adverse effects on liver and kidneys so looks like not so innocent stuff to put in your body for longer term.

Would be interesting to hear other users feedback for this herb or SNS Bulbine product.

broons

Awards
  • Established
I tried phytoserms and iforces attempts at a bulbine supp when it first came out. Waste of money from my personal experience. And I'm still not convinced of its ultimate safety, even though I did try it.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I did try SNS Bulbine for 7 days but getting annoying diarrhea and no significant boost in libido or erection so decided to stop.
Maybe this product will be great for some or most people - just my body doesn't like it.

I did read one study on rats where Bulbine caused adverse effects on liver and kidneys so looks like not so innocent stuff to put in your body for longer term.

Would be interesting to hear other users feedback for this herb or SNS Bulbine product.
well despite the reviews i was nt impressed with Warrior bulbine .Unlike a competitor SNS , the product is in tablet form which i expected to breakup underpressure between thumb and finger -it didnt and really took extra pressure to cut in half with a knife I always do this with tablets to see how easy theyd break up in the stomach. Needless to say the tabs are hard as bullets.I bought it because 1, the reviews on the product page of a particular website Bodybuilding warehouse.com convinced me and 2 the study on rodents seem to translate well for human application.However on arr***** of the product and digging deeper into the many forums , asking for further opinions and reading what was already out there, i came across the negatives- one had said it had given him gyno , which i guess is understandable if test rises 347 percent - and only reduces estrogen by 35percent , another reviewer questioned the quality of all warrior products and i can see why from my one experience .Patrick Arnold had no comment at all on the herb when i put its findings to him Ive also noticed thats its not standardised , and also its not clear which part of the herb delivers the goods One site i read clearly states that the root is the effective part and only 360mg are required http://barlowesherbalelixirs.c...
so as there are so many inconstistentices , ive decided to leave this alone

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
One site i read clearly states that the root is the effective part and only 360mg are required http://barlowesherbalelixirs.c...
so as there are so many inconstistentices , ive decided to leave this alone
barlow's product is 5:1 extract of Bulbine while SNS Bulbine uses Prolensis which is 10:1 extract so double potency and most other product are not extracts but simply dried herb root that's why they suggest to use 4,000 mg (50mg per kg as best dose for rats multiply with human bodyweight in kg).

As we can see:
- many different products using just the herb or different extracts,
- bell shaped dose dependent dosing,
- potential negative effects on testosterone if take too much
- adverse effects on liver, lowering HDL (good cholesterol) and potential toxic effects on kidneys

...it's hard to make this one a staple thing to use with ease of mind.

Patrick Arnold - would you add anything or agree/disagree with my thoughts?

broons

Awards
  • Established
barlow's product is 5:1 extract of Bulbine while SNS Bulbine uses Prolensis which is 10:1 extract so double potency and most other product are not extracts but simply dried herb root that's why they suggest to use 4,000 mg (50mg per kg as best dose for rats multiply with human bodyweight in kg).

Basing a human equivalent dose solely on rat dosage in mg/kg is really not a great way to dose herbs or any supplement. You should always normalize to BSA (body surface area). While this is still not a perfect method, it translates very well. 50mg/kg in a rat based study does not equal 4000 mg for an 80 kg human. It would be closer to 650 mg.

50mg X 6(Km factor of rat), then divided by 37(Km factor of human =648.649 for an 80 kg man.