Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione vs. 4-Androstene-3,6,17-trione?

AMag07

Awards
Besides the chemical structure, what is the difference between these two compounds?

Is there any benefit to one of these over the other? Both seem to be AI's with similar effects, but is one "better" than the other?

Would one be more effective on-cycle compared to post-cycle (and vice versa)?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i dont really know the answer to that. there is no in-vivo data for the first compound that could be contrasted with the published in-vivo data of the latter.

alexy89

Awards
Are we able to just look at the function of these compounds in the human body? I mean these compounds are supposedly metabolites of dhea and produced naturally? Once we know the function in the body can't we put two and two together? :S

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Are we able to just look at the function of these compounds in the human body? I mean these compounds are supposedly metabolites of dhea and produced naturally? Once we know the function in the body can't we put two and two together? :S

they both are aromatase inhibitors in vitro. the latter has been shown to be effective in-vivo. the former has not (at least in a formal clinical study)

you cannot fully predict in-vivo activity by looking at in-vitro data

alexy89

Awards
they both are aromatase inhibitors in vitro. the latter has been shown to be effective in-vivo. the former has not (at least in a formal clinical study)

you cannot fully predict in-vivo activity by looking at in-vitro data
Yeah that makes sense, thanks. I thought that if these dhea metabolites had been found/Identified in the human body we could somehow observe there function and then apply this knowledge. Does this mean that hormones/metabolites had to be tested in vitro and then in- vivo before 'we' worked out the function of... say... Cortisol, dhea, adrenalin etc in the human body ??

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Yeah that makes sense, thanks. I thought that if these dhea metabolites had been found/Identified in the human body we could somehow observe there function and then apply this knowledge. Does this mean that hormones/metabolites had to be tested in vitro and then in- vivo before 'we' worked out the function of... say... Cortisol, dhea, adrenalin etc in the human body ??

you need to isolate the hormones first and then study them. they can be studied in-vitro and of course also administered to animals

and 6-oxo is not really considered a dhea metabolite

alexy89

Awards
you need to isolate the hormones first and then study them. they can be studied in-vitro and of course also administered to animals

and 6-oxo is not really considered a dhea metabolite
Thats really interesting, thanks. So 6-oxo is not a dhea metabolite, but Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione is a natural metabolite of DHEA?

bossman523

Banned
Awards
what is the difference between in vivo and in vitro?