Dosing of Hormones

BeBig22

Awards
Hello Patrick,

The common accepted theory of dosing hormones is to attempt to keep blood levels stable all the time, according to the half-life of the drug. But, could there be any greater benefit to dosing a hormone all at once during the day instead?

The question is, while keeping the total dose the same, is it preferable (for promoting growth/protein synthesis) to dose a hormone all at once or spread out through the day. e.g., Is one better off taking 30mg of dbol pre-workout or 10mg 3x/day?

I believe that spacing out the dosing is preferable for a number of reasons, but I was wondering what your take on this is, and whether or not there are any studies or good reason from a biochem standpoint to go towards one method or the other.

Thanks for your time!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
there is evidence that a big spike once a day can work and evidence that sustained levels are better (at least when looking at longer periods)

i havent looked into it for a while. if i had free time i would go back on my notes and give you a nice discussion but time is money and this discussion is not gonna make me a single dime

i will say this. i bet you would get no significant difference in gains if you took 30mg dbol once a day as opposed to 3 times 10

BeBig22

Awards
there is evidence that a big spike once a day can work and evidence that sustained levels are better (at least when looking at longer periods)

i havent looked into it for a while. if i had free time i would go back on my notes and give you a nice discussion but time is money and this discussion is not gonna make me a single dime

i will say this. i bet you would get no significant difference in gains if you took 30mg dbol once a day as opposed to 3 times 10
This is what I was thinking too. I was thinking that there might be more of a difference when you are dealing with higher doses each day.

If you ever stumble upon those notes and have some free time to go more in-depth on the subject, I would very much appreciate it...as I couldn't find any studies myself that really support one method or the other.

Either way, thanks for the response!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
there was a study on rats where they gave them one daily dose of testosterone/cyclodextrin by injection (a very fast acting concoction) a day. serum levels went very high for a short period of time. the rats made better muscle gains then rats who had a more prolonged depot of testosterone and they had less suppression and i think less prostate enlargement

but that is just one study