Lets Get To The Bottom Of This, Soy Protein and Estrogen

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kacadie View Post
    Why even mess around. Water bottles have plastic that secrete estrogen, and if left out in the sun, the plastic leaks the estrogen into the water. I stay away from anything soy-based just to be safe. I mean, I'm sure it's ok to eat some edamame every once and a while, and it is actually delicious, .
    me likey
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

2. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Kacadie View Post
    Where does beef serum sit?
    14E
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%

I was interested in this topic as well. I drink protein shakes in Soy Milk as it's lower calories and thus makes it easier to fit into my macros. I've had several people tell me that the Soy Milk is the worst thing you can drink of the non-lactose milks. I've found a lot of hysteria online about it but not a lot of medical info/studies on the matter.
    **G D I** --Bruce the Destroyer--
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.11%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    I was interested in this topic as well. I drink protein shakes in Soy Milk as it's lower calories and thus makes it easier to fit into my macros. I've had several people tell me that the Soy Milk is the worst thing you can drink of the non-lactose milks. I've found a lot of hysteria online about it but not a lot of medical info/studies on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    You realize that cow milk contains estrogens and unlike soymilk actually DOES transiently increase estrogen including E1 right? Funny how ignorami pull the estrogen card with soy but merrily plow away at milk.
  5. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.59%

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc View Post
    i drink my protein in soy milk too

i think i am below any threshold of soy intake that would cause any issues though
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bubbles View Post
    Hello guys, I am new here and just feel inclined to comment here. Let me first say i am not a nutritionist, just a 42 year old man that has enjoyed training most of my adult life along with learning about nutrition, supplements, etc as a way to be healthier and at earlier stages in my to increase my muscle size and strength. i also have 3 daughters and a wife. When my 7 year old started developing lumps under her nipples I started investigating female issues. Primarily Estrogen dominance. Let me also say that i am not vegetarian, i eat all kinds of food, etc and am not condoning any particular diet or way of life nutritionally.

Estrogen dominance is a primary reason why most women develop earlier in life than they used to as well as why the have many female problems as they get older. it is also a big reason our current culture has s many feminized men (physically speaking). This dominance of estrogen comes from many things in our food, drink, and even air. As bodybuilders we eat a lot of chicken along with other meats. But this thread being concerned about soy phyto estrogens just seems to be somewhat misguided. If you examine the way our foods are grown/ raised with the man made chemicals and hormones/ antibiotics, etc we are getting much more estrogens from our environment than what healthy soy would cause. I say healthy because again it could depend greatly on the original source of the soy and how it wa grown with what chemicals. it is not the soy to be worried about. As mentioned earlier in the thread, many cultures have relied on soy for a long time with no demasculating issues. however, most of those cultures didn't grow their soy the way it is grown now. My point is that we should be more worried about our diet as a whole instead of soy. Any natural ingredient we add to our diet (using common sense) will not effect us any where near as much as all the other crap we eat, drink, and breathe now. We can effect our hormone levels to a much greater extent worrying about other things.
    This is just more reason to constantly be on TestForce 2/3, right?
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    i drink my protein in soy milk too

i think i am below any threshold of soy intake that would cause any issues though
    I'd think I'd be under the thresholds most days as well as I'm looking around max of 16oz of Soy Milk a day.

I do use Soy Flour every once in awhile for baking, but I usually stick to Almond Flour, VP (vegetable Protein), and golden flax seed meal to cook with. I find Soy flour adds a tinge of taste that is hard to mask when making breads.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by D2footballjrc

I'd think I'd be under the thresholds most days as well as I'm looking around max of 16oz of Soy Milk a day.

I do use Soy Flour every once in awhile for baking, but I usually stick to Almond Flour, VP (vegetable Protein), and golden flax seed meal to cook with. I find Soy flour adds a tinge of taste that is hard to mask when making breads.
    You're a cool cat d2 - baking machine : D
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

You're a cool cat d2 - baking machine : D
    I do love to experiment. I started eating primal a bit over a week ago so Ive shifted more that route. Goal is to figure out how to cook chinese and still eat primal :-)
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.63%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

I do love to experiment. I started eating primal a bit over a week ago so Ive shifted more that route. Goal is to figure out how to cook chinese and still eat primal :-)
    Where have you been?! Haven't seen you around the bro page either! I was worried! Similar to paleo?! Or do you eat all your food raw like a beast?!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  254 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Where have you been?! Haven't seen you around the bro page either! I was worried! Similar to paleo?! Or do you eat all your food raw like a beast?!
    I'm following "the primal blueprint" only in my adjustment phase I'm allowing 1/4 a cup of cheese daily. I'll cut it out completely in a couple weeks. Food isn't raw :-) Well the veggies are a lot of the time!

I left the bro page, there was some people in who felt the need to "joke" around about me that I didn't appreciate so I just quit going there. I don't have the time to deal with petty stuff, I barely have enough time for my kid, my training, work, and everything else that has priority and meaning.

As for the soy topic at hand, I have used the soy flour quite a bit more before my switch up and I will say, I don't think the flour is the best way of soy. I like Soy milk, but the flour just has a slight bitter taste and you can't use it exclusively like you can with hazlenut and almond flour. With Soy flour you really have to use 1/2 soy, 1/2 real flour to cut into that taste some.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%

let me just say that the Chinese have relied primarily on soy for thousand of years and the dudes there seem to be less masculine than over here, ie: less body and facial hair, skinny ectomorphic appearance. And why the eff are there all those tranny lady boys in Thailand that look exactly like women, I'll tell you why.... soy. Thats just my personal theory haha, but I believe there is some truth to it.
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.63%

I'm following "the primal blueprint" only in my adjustment phase I'm allowing 1/4 a cup of cheese daily. I'll cut it out completely in a couple weeks. Food isn't raw :-) Well the veggies are a lot of the time!

I left the bro page, there was some people in who felt the need to "joke" around about me that I didn't appreciate so I just quit going there. I don't have the time to deal with petty stuff, I barely have enough time for my kid, my training, work, and everything else that has priority and meaning.

As for the soy topic at hand, I have used the soy flour quite a bit more before my switch up and I will say, I don't think the flour is the best way of soy. I like Soy milk, but the flour just has a slight bitter taste and you can't use it exclusively like you can with hazlenut and almond flour. With Soy flour you really have to use 1/2 soy, 1/2 real flour to cut into that taste some.
    Well hey I tell ya what why don't ya jump into my log and teach me a thing or 2 about how you're enjoying this diet : ) that or the alpha thread! Come on in!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
  14. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.59%

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy View Post
    let me just say that the Chinese have relied primarily on soy for thousand of years and the dudes there seem to be less masculine than over here, ie: less body and facial hair, skinny ectomorphic appearance. And why the eff are there all those tranny lady boys in Thailand that look exactly like women, I'll tell you why.... soy. Thats just my personal theory haha, but I believe there is some truth to it.
    Ok professor

it is true though that menopause symptoms like hot flashes are almost unheard of in japan, and its thought that its because they eat a lot of soy
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%

Ok professor

it is true though that menopause symptoms like hot flashes are almost unheard of in japan, and its thought that its because they eat a lot of soy
    See I knew I was on to something. haha
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.27%

Ok professor

See I knew I was on to something. haha
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.53%

Japanese woman just don't bitch about everything, that's why you haven't heard about them

18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.46%

Quote Originally Posted by staple View Post
    what's to be settled in this debate anyways? lets just say soy doesn't give you gyno or make you start your period... are people going to stop drinking whey and replace it with soy?

I don't get it...
    This thread is VERY relevant "noob". Outside of a supplement that says its "pure Whey isolate"; many of your mass gainers or multiple protein blends contain soy because its cheap, and most people dont take the time to read the fine print on the label. You will also normally find that soy is listed before "whey isolate", but behind whey concentrate, because of cost savings to the company.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.53%

You're going to see more soy as long as you want to pay less than a dollar per serving for your protein. And it's going to be okay, I promise.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lets Talk Protein Recipes.
    By kBrown in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 03:33 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 01:20 AM