John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Patrick, Do you share Dr. Scott Connelys view the ephedrine is good for muscle building on beta receptors?

S

staple

Awards
just in case patrick is not familiar with his views, can you post it here? or a link to it's overview?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
is ephedrine good for muscle building in a fashion similar to clenbuterol? That is an interesting question. I have always thought it could share at least some of the muscle effects of beta2 agonists. Probably not to the same degree. Does Connelly quote any actual direct studies showing effects on muscle?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
ephedrine of course does not directly interact with beta2 receptors however it stimulates the release of catecholamines that do

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is ephedrine good for muscle building in a fashion similar to clenbuterol? That is an interesting question. I have always thought it could share at least some of the muscle effects of beta2 agonists. Probably not to the same degree. Does Connelly quote any actual direct studies showing effects on muscle?
I think there was a whole episode of bodyrx where he discusses it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think there was a whole episode of bodyrx where he discusses it.
this I heard it on a radio show over at rx muscle and he said he took the stance ephedrine does build muscle.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Good read madchemist thanks, now...PA thoughts? and also yours madchemist, good way to dose and use for muscle building goals? Worth it? Realistic?
madchemist is the neuro guy so i will let him handle this stuff

M

madchemist

Banned
Awards
Good read madchemist thanks, now...PA thoughts? and also yours madchemist, good way to dose and use for muscle building goals? Worth it? Realistic?
Most of the studies which show anabolism from clenbuterol in animals use doses that would be intolerable (i.e. side effects) in humans.

However, there are some human studies which show an increase in lean muscle mass from clenbuterol in patients utilizing a ventricular assist device - not very generalizable.

Furthermore, it would be hard to extrapolate the physiological effects of clenbuterol to ephedrine since their kinetics are so different (36 hour half-life versus 3-5 hours, respectively).

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I listen to hear what Vince has to say lol.

i retired from that show a long time ago. i dont wanna talk for two hours on what the best ratios of branched chains are. or how much protein you should eat at night.

so many subjects i thought coulda been discussed. but connelly called the shots and he would only talk about what was in his comfort zone. i didnt really have that much to offer on those subjects, nor was i enthusiastic about those subjects, so i split that scene

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I've not really explored this topic in depth, so correct me where I am wrong.

one thing i know is the anabolic effects of beta2 agonists in animals are rapid and profound, but dissipate after a short period of time

i mean they actually reverse after a period of time.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Most of the studies which show anabolism from clenbuterol in animals use doses that would be intolerable (i.e. side effects) in humans.

However, there are some human studies which show an increase in lean muscle mass from clenbuterol in patients utilizing a ventricular assist device - not very generalizable.

Furthermore, it would be hard to extrapolate the physiological effects of clenbuterol to ephedrine since their kinetics are so different (36 hour half-life versus 3-5 hours, respectively).
Well this pretty much throws it off the rack then haha, I can not bring myself to picture someone so desperate to use Clen, to build muscle, with a VAD be it R/L/ or BiVAD haha, but then again...Human kind never ceases to surprise me with their occurrences. And yeah as for the half life of ephedrine, I guess it would be hard to make assumptions on such different kinetics as you point it out. Aw well, ephedrine will remain part of my cutting arsenal only then.

M

madchemist

Banned
Awards
one thing i know is the anabolic effects of beta2 agonists in animals are rapid and profound, but dissipate after a short period of time

i mean they actually reverse after a period of time.

Right, receptor downregulation.

The medical world has explored the reverse, mostly in the context of congestive heart failure.

Beta1 blockers result in cardiac beta receptor upregulation, whereas alpha/beta blockers (labetalol) do not.

M

madchemist

Banned
Awards
I can not bring myself to picture someone so desperate to use Clen, to build muscle, with a VAD be it R/L/ or BiVAD
Clenbuterol, with the addition of a beta1 blocker, is very beneficial to cardiac tissue, directly. This is why physicians place patients who require a VAD on clenbuterol.

Beta1 agonism is what (partially) mediates dystrophic cardiac remodeling.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Clenbuterol, with the addition of a beta1 blocker, is very beneficial to cardiac tissue, directly. This is why physicians place patients who require a VAD on clenbuterol.

Beta1 agonism is what (partially) mediates dystrophic cardiac remodeling.
True, but this is WITH a beta1 blocker, not just using clen in high dosages and a vad for building muscle mass :p! It was a sardonic pun if you may haha.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i retired from that show a long time ago. i dont wanna talk for two hours on what the best ratios of branched chains are. or how much protein you should eat at night.

so many subjects i thought coulda been discussed. but connelly called the shots and he would only talk about what was in his comfort zone. i didnt really have that much to offer on those subjects, nor was i enthusiastic about those subjects, so i split that scene
I believe it's a postponed or discontinued show now anyways. Since they launched their myotropics line or whatever it's called.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Right, receptor downregulation.

The medical world has explored the reverse, mostly in the context of congestive heart failure.

Beta1 blockers result in cardiac beta receptor upregulation, whereas alpha/beta blockers (labetalol) do not.

my thoughts on beta2 agonists are to not use them until like days before a contest or something.

and then stop. and hope that u can still respond the next time you do a contest

this obviously is directed towards competive physique athletes

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
my thoughts on beta2 agonists are to not use them until like days before a contest or something.

and then stop. and hope that u can still respond the next time you do a contest

this obviously is directed towards competive physique athletes
This is actually a solid and respectable point of view, problem is that some (I think myself included sadly) people develop a psychological need for them since when used properly they do present themselves with good results, though like you mentioned, the likelihood of continued response upon repetitive use decreases and thus makes the "needing" and "abusing" of them counterproductive haha

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
Well this pretty much throws it off the rack then haha, I can not bring myself to picture someone so desperate to use Clen, to build muscle, with a VAD be it R/L/ or BiVAD haha, but then again...Human kind never ceases to surprise me with their occurrences. And yeah as for the half life of ephedrine, I guess it would be hard to make assumptions on such different kinetics as you point it out. Aw well, ephedrine will remain part of my cutting arsenal only then.
Clen is not that bad...