Isopropyloctopamine

  1. Senior Member
    Cool's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,360
    Rep Power
    111964
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    85.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Isopropyloctopamine


    Pat I read your blog explaining why NMT wasn't a good fat burner. In that same abstract you referenced, it mentions isopropyloctopamine. I see the new I-force Dexaprine using it and touting it as very effective. There is also thread her on AM about VPX using it and not being DSHEA compliant. All I really care about is if it works at decent dosages. Thanks in advance.

    Isopropylnorsynephrine is a stronger lipolytic agent in human adipocytes than synephrine and other amines present in Citrus aurantium.


    Mercader J, Wanecq E, Chen J, Carpéné C.
    Source

    Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (INSERM), U1048, Toulouse, France.

    Abstract

    The weight loss observed in consumers of extracts of Citrus aurantium (bitter orange) has been tentatively attributed to the lipolytic and thermogenic effects of the alkaloids abundant in the unripe fruit. Synephrine, octopamine, tyramine, and other alkaloids have been repeatedly identified and quantified in Citrus members of the Rutaceae family or in their extracts incorporated in dietary supplements for weight management. However, there are only scarce reports on their lipolytic action. This study aimed at comparing the acute lipolytic activity of synephrine, octopamine, tyramine, and N-methyltyramine in rat and human adipocytes. Maximal response to the prototypical β-adrenergic agonist isoprenaline was taken as reference in both species. In rat, octopamine was slightly more active than synephrine whiletyramine and N-methyl tyramine did not stimulate-and even inhibited-lipolysis. In human adipocytes, none of these amines stimulated lipolysis when tested up to 10 μg/ml. At higher doses (≥100 μg/ml), tyramine and N-methyl tyramine induced only 20% of the maximal lipolysis and exhibited antilipolytic properties. Synephrine and octopamine were partially stimulatory at high doses. Since synephrine is more abundant than octopamine in C. aurantium, it should be the main responsible for the putative lipolytic action of the extracts claimed to mitigate obesity. Noteworthy, their common isopropyl derivative, isopropylnorsynephrine (also named isopropyloctopamine or betaphrine), was clearly lipolytic: active at 1 μg/ml and reproducing more than 60% of isoprenaline maximal effect in human adipocytes. This compound, not detected in C. aurantium, and which has few reported adverse effects to date, might be useful for in vivo triglyceride breakdown

  2. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    There is likely a "better" method of administration .
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Senior Member
    Cool's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,360
    Rep Power
    111964
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    85.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There is likely a "better" method of administration .
    Tansdermal? Pretty sure I know what you're saying. Maybe in another life.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    madchemist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%

    Pretty benign compound. The para hydroxyl precludes any BBB penetration (thus reducing possible neurotoxicity),and the bulky N-alkyl group restricts against alpha agonism (thus negligable/potentially beneficial effects on blood pressure).

    The dose required to induce significant lipolysis would be purely speculative, but caffeine would indubitably synergize.
  5. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Actually, in this life. Crush up your dexaprine tabs and put them in your eviscerate .
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Actually, in this life. Crush up your dexaprine tabs and put them in your eviscerate .
    Why do I feel tempted to try this...?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  7. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554327
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    40.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool View Post
    Pat I read your blog explaining why NMT wasn't a good fat burner. In that same abstract you referenced, it mentions isopropyloctopamine. I see the new I-force Dexaprine using it and touting it as very effective. There is also thread her on AM about VPX using it and not being DSHEA compliant. All I really care about is if it works at decent dosages. Thanks in advance.

    Isopropylnorsynephrine is a stronger lipolytic agent in human adipocytes than synephrine and other amines present in Citrus aurantium.


    Mercader J, Wanecq E, Chen J, Carpéné C.
    Source

    Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (INSERM), U1048, Toulouse, France.

    Abstract

    The weight loss observed in consumers of extracts of Citrus aurantium (bitter orange) has been tentatively attributed to the lipolytic and thermogenic effects of the alkaloids abundant in the unripe fruit. Synephrine, octopamine, tyramine, and other alkaloids have been repeatedly identified and quantified in Citrus members of the Rutaceae family or in their extracts incorporated in dietary supplements for weight management. However, there are only scarce reports on their lipolytic action. This study aimed at comparing the acute lipolytic activity of synephrine, octopamine, tyramine, and N-methyltyramine in rat and human adipocytes. Maximal response to the prototypical β-adrenergic agonist isoprenaline was taken as reference in both species. In rat, octopamine was slightly more active than synephrine whiletyramine and N-methyl tyramine did not stimulate-and even inhibited-lipolysis. In human adipocytes, none of these amines stimulated lipolysis when tested up to 10 μg/ml. At higher doses (≥100 μg/ml), tyramine and N-methyl tyramine induced only 20% of the maximal lipolysis and exhibited antilipolytic properties. Synephrine and octopamine were partially stimulatory at high doses. Since synephrine is more abundant than octopamine in C. aurantium, it should be the main responsible for the putative lipolytic action of the extracts claimed to mitigate obesity. Noteworthy, their common isopropyl derivative, isopropylnorsynephrine (also named isopropyloctopamine or betaphrine), was clearly lipolytic: active at 1 μg/ml and reproducing more than 60% of isoprenaline maximal effect in human adipocytes. This compound, not detected in C. aurantium, and which has few reported adverse effects to date, might be useful for in vivo triglyceride breakdown

    its not dshea compliant. not naturally occuring

    cant tell how it works in-vivo from this kind of in-vitro data
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  8. Featured Author
    Patrick Arnold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,119
    Rep Power
    554327
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    40.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by madchemist View Post
    Pretty benign compound. The para hydroxyl precludes any BBB penetration (thus reducing possible neurotoxicity),and the bulky N-alkyl group restricts against alpha agonism (thus negligable/potentially beneficial effects on blood pressure).

    The dose required to induce significant lipolysis would be purely speculative, but caffeine would indubitably synergize.
    its a beta agonist?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  9. Banned
    madchemist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    212
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    86.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    its a beta agonist?

    Yeah, it was tested back in the 80's

    This compound was a highly beta selective, direct-acting adrenergic agonist, approximately 200- and 440-fold less potent than isoproterenol in cardiac and smooth muscle, respectively. It was nearly a full agonist in both cardiac and smooth muscle without appreciable selectivity for either beta-1 or beta-2 receptors and had no demonstrable beta blocking activity. No alpha adrenergic activity was detectable within the concentration range tested.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6306210
  10. New Member
    PinchTheBear's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    955
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    42.37%

    Madchemist summarized things concisely and eloquently, but I'd add that the para-hydroxyl group restricts BBB penetration further, suggesting near-complete CNS preclusion (unlike ephedrine). It seems the necessary PO dose for significant fat loss (against isoproterenol) would stimulate NE vesical exchange, likely resulting in strongly positive chronotropy. Ideally I'd compound this with aminophylline in high-MW carrier for transdermal use.
  11. New Member
    DkGreek's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    12293
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    3.58%

    Hmm. Crushed up Dexa.

    Dexabliderate.

    BTW, who has that formula now, seeing that Matt left Genomyx?
    On the road to bench pressing 400 pounds Currently over 360...
  

  
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in