DAA making u smarter?

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Just read on your blog of DAA making rats smarter...My question is, making a nasal spray with DAA if it can blood brain barrier?

Thanks

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Just read on your blog of DAA making rats smarter...My question is, making a nasal spray with DAA if it can blood brain barrier?

Thanks
DAA and some other glutaminergic neurotransmitter compounds (D-serine) have been shown to enhance memory formation (long term memory if i am not mistaken). Glutaminergic neurons are integral to memory formation as is norepinephrine

DAA can cross the blood barrier already. I wouldnt be selling it if it did not

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Having a better memory doesnt mean you are smarter. smart is intelligence and supposedly that is something intrinsic that you cannot alter.

thats what they say

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Having a better memory doesnt mean you are smarter. smart is intelligence and supposedly that is something intrinsic that you cannot alter.

thats what they say
But hey if it keeps me from losing my keys......

PowerHouse555

PowerHouse555

Awards
  • Established
Thanks

When i come back from Afgan I'm going back to school to finish my second Bachelors. I was thinking of making a nasal spray of DAA to get a higher concentration if I was able to get DAA powder alone...powder that I knew was DAA with no fillers. I have played around with smart drugs in the past (nootropics) and was just "thinking" of better ways of "thinking". I know I don't have ADD but i have a had time to settling down.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks

When i come back from Afgan I'm going back to school to finish my second Bachelors. I was thinking of making a nasal spray of DAA to get a higher concentration if I was able to get DAA powder alone...powder that I knew was DAA with no fillers. I have played around with smart drugs in the past (nootropics) and was just "thinking" of better ways of "thinking". I know I don't have ADD but i have a had time to settling down.
I don't think you're approaching this correctly...

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established

thats what they say
I'd agree with that statement. But you can have some very intelligent people who have little knowledge and some average intelligent individuals who have acquired a vast amount of knowledge. I wonder which is better?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I'd agree with that statement. But you can have some very intelligent people who have little knowledge and some average intelligent individuals who have acquired a vast amount of knowledge. I wonder which is better?
I suppose it depends on the knowledge, I have vast amounts of useless information stored in my brain. My ex gf's Dad called me fact boy because I have all these snippets of info stuck in my head. I would rule on a game show except I am afraid I'd freeze up when it counted :(

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
There comes a comparison between 'smart' people and 'gifted' people.

From what I think would be a good example, would be:
Mr. Cooper - Smart
Knows the answers
* Good at memorization
* Self-Satisfied

Patrick Arnold - Gifted
Questions the answers
* Good at guessing (doesn't have a problem saying, "I don't know" or taking an educated guess that's probably right. Prototype Nutrition has a lot to do with 'experimentation')
* Plays around, still gets good test scores

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established

Mr. Cooper - Smart
Knows the answers
* Good at memorization
* Self-Satisfied

Patrick Arnold - Gifted
Questions the answers
* Good at guessing (doesn't have a problem saying, "I don't know" or taking an educated guess that's probably right. Prototype Nutrition has a lot to do with 'experimentation')
I would add self satisfied to gifted people, as they tend to be compliant.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think the problem was making the mistake of equating smart with intelligent. Intelligent can be a capture-all term, always referring to having acquired a depth of knowledge in one or many fields, and it can often also incorporate having intellectual prowess, a combination of having quick recall of facts, an ability to conceptualize and understand concepts in a more abstract sense, and pattern recognition, to name a few. Being smart is really referring to the integrative aspect of intelligence (the latter part of the definition of intelligent I gave above as an example), where WHAT/HOW MUCH you know doesn't play as much of a factor. So someone can be smart but not yet intelligent, intelligent, smart and intelligent (maybe redundant depending on your definition of intelligent).

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I would add self satisfied to gifted people, as they tend to be compliant.
I respectfully disagree. Gifted people are often mistaken as being the most noncompliant individuals in existence. Gifted people are often misinterpreted and ignored. Traits of those who are gifted are often seen as excessive or extreme.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I respectfully disagree. Gifted people are often mistaken as being the most noncompliant individuals in existence. Gifted people are often misinterpreted and ignored. Traits of those who are gifted are often seen as excessive or extreme.
If taken in that sense I agree with you, but as an athlete I have seen many athletes who were very gifted and just took it for what it was worth. Me on the other hand am a BIG EXTREMIST. Everything I do, I go hard or go home so to speak.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
If taken in that sense I agree with you, but as an athlete I have seen many athletes who were very gifted and just took it for what it was worth. Me on the other hand am a BIG EXTREMIST. Everything I do, I go hard or go home so to speak.
Maybe you're both ;) You're a good man, Andrew.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Mr. Cooper - Smart
Knows the answers
* Good at memorization
* Self-Satisfied

Patrick Arnold - Gifted
Questions the answers
lol

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
drinking "smart" water intra is just as effective

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Question about DAA

care to translate this? I have someone that is noticing hearing changes and increased sensitivity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11423221

is your friend being exposed to alot of noise?

this study has to do with being exposed to noise and carbon monoxide. NMDA receptor overstimulation appears to be involved in the process of hearing loss

BTW DAA is known to collect in particular parts of the body and the ear is not one of them from what i have read

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

this study has to do with being exposed to noise and carbon monoxide. NMDA receptor overstimulation appears to be involved in the process of hearing loss

BTW DAA is known to collect in particular parts of the body and the ear is not one of them from what i have read
That sucks. Testforce 2 is remarkably well at stimulating my libido along with AndroDrive and the DAA and pregnenolone both stimulate the NDMA receptors. I am having a bit of issues getting off of Librium with the regimen I'm on and such, but I don't like the way I feel off of the pregnenolone and DAA is a nice addition.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established

Job requires him to talk to people all day. Only notices it when taking the DAA, I find it very odd.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
That sucks. Testforce 2 is remarkably well at stimulating my libido along with AndroDrive and the DAA and pregnenolone both stimulate the NDMA receptors. I am having a bit of issues getting off of Librium with the regimen I'm on and such, but I don't like the way I feel off of the pregnenolone and DAA is a nice addition.

nothing sucks. a study showing the nmda receptor overstimulation is involved in a particular dysfunction is far far from suggesting DAA therefore causes that dysfunction

lets all take a step back now

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
nothing sucks. a study showing the nmda receptor overstimulation is involved in a particular dysfunction is far far from suggesting DAA therefore causes that dysfunction

lets all take a step back now
It doesn't suck... Excuse me while I get my meds calibrated, please ;)

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established