sarm

willib

Awards
  • Established
how effective can a sarm be and how long would u take it?

FubarFit

Awards
I have used ostarine I find it fairly effective at increasing energy, building muscle, cutting fat and maintiang strength. It is also very nice for your joints. I would take it 6 to 7 weeks (and run an otc pct). Don't think it's actually as effective as test (even though it may be refered to as a test substitute) but a lot of people run it at low doses during pct to help keep gains. Suming up, Decent bulker probably best used as recomp effective at cutting allows you to maintain strength and mass while burning fat.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used ostarine I find it fairly effective at increasing energy, building muscle, cutting fat and maintiang strength. It is also very nice for your joints. I would take it 6 to 7 weeks (and run an otc pct). Don't think it's actually as effective as test (even though it may be refered to as a test substitute) but a lot of people run it at low doses during pct to help keep gains. Suming up, Decent bulker probably best used as recomp effective at cutting allows you to maintain strength and mass while burning fat.

Thanks Pat.

xigotmailx

xigotmailx

Awards
  • Established
I used Mk2866 which is believe is ostarine, takes around 2-3 weeks to kick in, so running it 6-8 weeks is the best for it like Fubar said. I found it awesome for recomping with my body. I was eating well under maintenance and stayed the same weight as well as put on around 2-3 pounds. Signs of it working are just an insane increase in thirst for me, plus being a little bit warmer and sweating. I never really logged it in depth but as recently taking it I was able to continue my strength increases while being in deficit, now I'm on natty test boosters and have added 7 pounds *not sure where they came from* and still increasing strength every workout while still in deficit. In all though, if you can afford it, which I think it's cheaper now than when I got it plus there is the OstaRX out now which is like half the price I paid for mine I say run it if your looking to recomp. I'd consider it a great recomp agent, being able to keep size and strength while losing BF%

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
Interested in this topic, been looking at Ostarine...

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
how effective can a sarm be and how long would u take it?

think of them like primo, winny, anavar type drugs. if you arent familiar with these drugs and how they are used then you shouldnt be in advanced discussion section

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I have used ostarine I find it fairly effective at increasing energy, building muscle, cutting fat and maintiang strength. It is also very nice for your joints. I would take it 6 to 7 weeks (and run an otc pct). Don't think it's actually as effective as test (even though it may be refered to as a test substitute) but a lot of people run it at low doses during pct to help keep gains. .
thats not a pct. thats an extension of your cycle. these are androgens

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I was thinking of running the DecaSARM with Arom-x for 6-8 weeks for a good recomp...Lean gain thrown in with the +20/-20% kcals on w.o and rest days...and some good powerlifting plan for a noob such as me , kinda like 5x5 , 5/3/1 or starting strength! , thoughts?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of running the DecaSARM with Arom-x for 6-8 weeks for a good recomp...Lean gain thrown in with the +20/-20% kcals on w.o and rest days...and some good powerlifting plan for a noob such as me , kinda like 5x5 , 5/3/1 or starting strength! , thoughts?
the decasarm product looks like a prohormone with some narignenin (a flavonoid from grapefruit)

Its not a SARM if your definition of SARM means non-steroidal. Other than that though it could be considered a SARM in the broad definition

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
the decasarm product looks like a prohormone with some narignenin (a flavonoid from grapefruit)

Its not a SARM if your definition of SARM means non-steroidal. Other than that though it could be considered a SARM in the broad definition
Oh I thought it was non steroidal...oO

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
kill me now

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Younglifter16

Awards
there's a really big thread (80 pages) on this in Pat's section over at the PHForums. Idk if I'm allowed to link there or not.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Why do I always perceive you as an angry or really sarcastic dude ^^'!!?? Hehe...though I love the info u give nonetheless xD
its the people that act all nice that you have to worry about. i just kid around

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
its the people that act all nice that you have to worry about. i just kid around
Haha true! I'm mainly humble here ;p and try to learn as much as I can , i'm new to this , hence I ask and research , so as to not get smacked all the time xD!!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Do you mean you don't need a pct? I decided to use daa and atd since I heard ostarine can lower t and raise e.
u may wanna do a pct after ostarine, especially if you are planning on taking larger dosages and/or longer duration

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Haha true! I'm mainly humble here ;p and try to learn as much as I can , i'm new to this , hence I ask and research , so as to not get smacked all the time xD!!
i have been doing the fitness bb'ing interweb message board thing since 1996 so i pretty much am a top dog

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hahaahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it :p

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
i have been doing the fitness bb'ing interweb message board thing since 1996 so i pretty much am a top dog
I'm kinda new to BB'ing , started almost a year ago , past july , and well loving it , used to be a fat 180lb kid , 5'5" and 30% bf or so haha...changed a lot , and if u got good advice for a good bulk for this little pup I would appreciate it ;p!! i dont wanna be fat kid anymore :3!!!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm kinda new to BB'ing , started almost a year ago , past july , and well loving it , used to be a fat 180lb kid , 5'5" and 30% bf or so haha...changed a lot , and if u got good advice for a good bulk for this little pup I would appreciate it ;p!! i dont wanna be fat kid anymore :3!!!
What? This isn't pats corner, or training advice from pa, its advanced discussion.

Read a book, lots of info in them things I here.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
you're saying that MK-2866 (Ostarine) is an androgen and cannot be used with PCT?

the word androgen is sometimes thrown around in the medical literature when referring to AAS and i think it can just as well be thrown around with SARMs. Androgens are male sex hormones and ostarine is a synthetic analog of male sex hormones

basically u wouldnt consider anavar part of a PCT because its an AAS. Ostarine is (pharmacologically if not chemically) an AAS

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At the end of the day, people can label "sarms" as they please (steroids, sarms, androgens, non-androgenic substances). The fact is that some people are getting shut down from Ostarine. This substantiates your position that these are androgenic enough to adversely impact the HPTA and caution needs to be taken with use (w/ respect to hpta).

Perhaps also relevant is that many forget the studies done on sarms were on doses that pale in comparison to the doses we bb'ers are using.

the word androgen is sometimes thrown around in the medical literature when referring to AAS and i think it can just as well be thrown around with SARMs. Androgens are male sex hormones and ostarine is a synthetic analog of male sex hormones

basically u wouldnt consider anavar part of a PCT because its an AAS. Ostarine is (pharmacologically if not chemically) an AAS

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you're saying that MK-2866 (Ostarine) is an androgen and cannot be used with PCT?

I agree with Pat and it actually works both ways. Some AAS are actually being classified as SARMS now.

17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone) exhibits tissue selective anabolic activity: effects on muscle, bone, adiposity, hemoglobin, and prostate.

Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) now under development can protect against muscle and bone loss without causing prostate growth or polycythemia. 17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone), a potent testosterone analog, may have SARM-like actions because, unlike testosterone, trenbolone does not undergo tissue-specific 5α-reduction to form more potent androgens. We tested the hypothesis that trenbolone-enanthate (TREN) might prevent orchiectomy-induced losses in muscle and bone and visceral fat accumulation without increasing prostate mass or resulting in adverse hemoglobin elevations. Male F344 rats aged 3 mo underwent orchiectomy or remained intact and were administered graded doses of TREN, supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate, or vehicle for 29 days. In both intact and orchiectomized animals, all TREN doses and supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate augmented androgen-sensitive levator ani/bulbocavernosus muscle mass by 35-40% above shams (P ≤ 0.001) and produced a dose-dependent partial protection against orchiectomy-induced total and trabecular bone mineral density losses (P < 0.05) and visceral fat accumulation (P < 0.05). The lowest doses of TREN successfully maintained prostate mass and hemoglobin concentrations at sham levels in both intact and orchiectomized animals, whereas supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate and high-dose TREN elevated prostate mass by 84 and 68%, respectively (P < 0.01). In summary, low-dose administration of the non-5α-reducible androgen TREN maintains prostate mass and hemoglobin concentrations near the level of shams while producing potent myotrophic actions in skeletal muscle and partial protection against orchiectomy-induced bone loss and visceral fat accumulation. Our findings indicate that TREN has advantages over supraphysiological testosterone and supports the need for future preclinical studies examining the viability of TREN as an option for androgen replacement therapy.

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/300/4/E650.long
What I find interesting is this new category of SARMS may allow for some AAS to be redefined and thus allow for more research to be done with them.

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards
u may wanna do a pct after ostarine, especially if you are planning on taking larger dosages and/or longer duration
Can a SARM such as ostarine(or other SARM's) be taken(stacked) during a oral PH/DS cycle? (A PH/DS such as Epi or SD)

Or is a SARM to be taken only solo or along with a PCT after a oral PH/DS cycle?

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
Does Ostarine in any way interfere/magnify with presciption meds?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Can a SARM such as ostarine(or other SARM's) be taken(stacked) during a oral PH/DS cycle? (A PH/DS such as Epi or SD)

Or is a SARM to be taken only solo or along with a PCT after a oral PH/DS cycle?
you can take it any way you want. just use it like you would an anavar or primobolan

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Does Ostarine in any way interfere/magnify with presciption meds?

until ostarine gets approved by the FDA i dont think the company that is developing it willl be releasing any drug interaction data they may be privy to

ostarine you get on the internet is not meant for human consumption of course

Jbrooks

Awards
  • Established
until ostarine gets approved by the FDA i dont think the company that is developing it willl be releasing any drug interaction data they may be privy to

ostarine you get on the internet is not meant for human consumption of course
is Osta RX real ostarine?

Granted now that the price has doubled it may make more sense to get it from a decent Research lab

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i have tested grey market ostarine and found what looked like ostarine. i dont remember what the brands were

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards

you can take it any way you want. just use it like you would an anavar or primobolan
I was asking about how I always see posted not to take/stack 2 methylated compounds such as Epi or SD.

I’m not knowable of liver toxicity of different compounds.
I went to wikipedia and serched for anavar & primobolan. It says they are methylated. Seems to also say low liver toxicity.

Since they are methylated should they not be taken with A PH/DS such as Epi or SD?
Or is the liver toxicity so low it would not be an issue?

Also these compounds ostarine, anavar & primobolan sound like another steroid. Why are they called SARM's?

IronMagLabs

IronMagLabs

Awards
  • Established

Granted now that the price has doubled it may make more sense to get it from a decent Research lab
If PA wants to test our Osta Rx for you guys I would be happy to send him a bottle.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
na, send me a bottle, i'll test it for you, and you wont have to pay me 75 dollars! :thumbsup:

i've got my mass spectrosphygmomenometer all fired up and read to go.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I was asking about how I always see posted not to take/stack 2 methylated compounds such as Epi or SD.

I’m not knowable of liver toxicity of different compounds.
I went to wikipedia and serched for anavar & primobolan. It says they are methylated. Seems to also say low liver toxicity.

Since they are methylated should they not be taken with A PH/DS such as Epi or SD?
Or is the liver toxicity so low it would not be an issue?

Also these compounds ostarine, anavar & primobolan sound like another steroid. Why are they called SARM's?

i dont think its necessarily bad to stack two 17a-alkylated AAS as long as the total number of milligrams is not too great.

BTW all AAS are SARMs (other than testosterone i guess) but not all SARMs are AAS. Some SARMs are just like AAS except for the "S" part

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
If PA wants to test our Osta Rx for you guys I would be happy to send him a bottle.
u just need to send some caps but also you need to send 100 bucks

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The thing with sarms is that they are designed to be selective e.g. Muscle and bone tissue. As opposed to ph which are not selective and affect tissues in the body we may not necessarily want to be affected such as the prostate and so forth. If a sarm is stacked with a ph you could almost consider it an expensive anabolic.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
The thing with sarms is that they are designed to be selective e.g. Muscle and bone tissue. As opposed to ph which are not selective and affect tissues in the body we may not necessarily want to be affected such as the prostate and so forth. If a sarm is stacked with a ph you could almost consider it an expensive anabolic.
anabolic steroids were designed to be selective like that too. and many prohormones are precrursors to anabolic steroids or anabolic steroids that never made it to market as drugs

no anabolic steroid was able to acheive complete selectivety of anabolic from androgenic effects. And likewise, these SARMs (although they can recheive a remarkable degree of selectivity at lower dosages) have not acheived complete selectivity either. In fact I see little evidence that they are superior in this regard to the cleanest of the AAS (primo, anavar, nandrolone)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anabolic steroids were designed to be selective like that too. and many prohormones are precrursors to anabolic steroids or anabolic steroids that never made it to market as drugs

no anabolic steroid was able to acheive complete selectivety of anabolic from androgenic effects. And likewise, these SARMs (although they can recheive a remarkable degree of selectivity at lower dosages) have not acheived complete selectivity either. In fact I see little evidence that they are superior in this regard to the cleanest of the AAS (primo, anavar, nandrolone)
True, fair enough.