jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this possible?

Having a 1-ene group on 4dhea? just looking at a flat diagram, I can't see any reason why not?

never mind, after looking at a 3d model, I think* I can see why.

what are the other two bonds that come off the 1 position? and why are they necessary?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Is this possible?

Having a 1-ene group on 4dhea? just looking at a flat diagram, I can't see any reason why not?

never mind, after looking at a 3d model, I think* I can see why.

what are the other two bonds that come off the 1 position? and why are they necessary?

there was a diol precursor to boldenone sold once, which is almost the same thing as what you are talking about (except with a 17-ketone)

and of course there is methy-1,4-add, which has the A ring structure you are referring to also

the other two bonds coming off carbon 1 are connected to hydrogen atoms. carbon needs to have four bonds to be stable

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
could One be able to synthesize 1,4 dhea from 1,4-androstenediol?

Or remove one of those carbon bonds on 4-dhea and add a ene on the one, two position??

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you think its possible for
17a methyl 1,4 androstenediol to convert into
17a,4 di methyl estradiol?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
could One be able to synthesize 1,4 dhea from 1,4-androstenediol?

Or remove one of those carbon bonds on 4-dhea and add a ene on the one, two position??
the answer to your first question is no, at least not directly and expediently

as for the second question i am not sure what you are asking

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Do you think its possible for
17a methyl 1,4 androstenediol to convert into
17a,4 di methyl estradiol?
no. however it can convert into almost that (through chemical means, not necessarily biological). just without the 3-OH. Its called the dienol-phenol rearrangement. the compound formed is probably not estrogenic because it lacks the 3-OH.

why are you asking me all this? are you just hellbent on wasting my time today? what relevance can any of this possibly have to you other than you just want to play nerdboy

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry, just curious. Never know, I might break out my mr wizard chemistry set and make some.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the answer to your first question is no, at least not directly and expediently

as for the second question i am not sure what you are asking
Sorry, meant remove the hydrogen atom.
Now im confusing myself, need to slow down and re group.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, meant remove the hydrogen atom.
Now im confusing myself, need to slow down and re group.
if you mean remove the 4,5 double bond and add a 1(2) double bond then thats not so easy

first of all, hydrogenation of the 4,5 bond will lead to a mixture of 5 alpha and 5 beta steroids. i assume you dont want any 5 beta

if you separated out the 5beta then you would be left with epiandrosterone. you cannot directly dehydrogenate that. you would have to oxidize it to the 3 ketone first. But before you do that you would need to protect the 17-ketone. You could protect it as a ketal, however most oxidation methods would cleave the protecting group. I figured out how to do an oxidation in a specific solvent blend that spares the ketal however (i worked on this reaction a long time when i figured out how to make 1-dhea). This same oxidation method goes on to insert the delta-1 bond. All you need to do then is deprotect the ketal

but you may as well start from epiandrosterone, no?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good stuff here jay.I think I see where you are going.if you happen to get there.def let me know :)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
if you mean remove the 4,5 double bond and add a 1(2) double bond then thats not so easy

first of all, hydrogenation of the 4,5 bond will lead to a mixture of 5 alpha and 5 beta steroids. i assume you dont want any 5 beta

if you separated out the 5beta then you would be left with epiandrosterone. you cannot directly dehydrogenate that. you would have to oxidize it to the 3 ketone first. But before you do that you would need to protect the 17-ketone. You could protect it as a ketal, however most oxidation methods would cleave the protecting group. I figured out how to do an oxidation in a specific solvent blend that spares the ketal however (i worked on this reaction a long time when i figured out how to make 1-dhea). This same oxidation method goes on to insert the delta-1 bond. All you need to do then is deprotect the ketal

but you may as well start from epiandrosterone, no?
woops i forgot a step. before getting rid of the ketal protecting group u gotta reduce the 3 ketone with borohydride. that is if your target is 1-dhea and not 1-adione

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
btw does anyone know where i can buy 4-dhea powder? not in kilo quantities but like ten grams or so

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bet eric from pp does, or one of those guys at ams or forerunner labs do

I'm just small potatoes, like the skin shaved off a potato small. tiny. insignificant. but I have dreams! :smoker:

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I bet eric from pp does, or one of those guys at ams or forerunner labs do

I'm just small potatoes, like the skin shaved off a potato small. tiny. insignificant. but I have dreams! :smoker:
these guys know where to get kilos from china but i was wondering if anyone retails smaller amounts in the us

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
there are quite a few places but I'm sure you know of them already ;)
if i knew than why am i asking?

i dont know. who sells raw powder in the US?

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if i knew than why am i asking?

i dont know. who sells raw powder in the US?
ah I missed the US part.I knew of a decent company years ago located here in the US but can't recall their name at the moment.if it comes to me I'll pm you.