Fish and flaxoil hinder bulk???

xdragon50

Awards
Is it true that supplementing fish oil and flaxseed will hurt bulking?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No reason to use flax and fish. Fish oil at 3g combined epa/dha daily = good.

staple

Awards
well, this is quite the advanced discussion! :happysad:

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
Hi,
Flax has other health benefits from diabetes to cancer but it will not work for weight loss.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
One could theorize that the suppression of inflammation from heavy omega-3 doses will inhibiting muscle recovery. Immune response isnt necessarily a bad thing all together. Those macrophages are responsible for eliminating dead tissue to new somatic tissue can grow in its place.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
One could theorize that the suppression of inflammation from heavy omega-3 doses will inhibiting muscle recovery. Immune response isnt necessarily a bad thing all together. Those macrophages are responsible for eliminating dead tissue to new somatic tissue can grow in its place.

and one may theorize that the suppression of inflammation from omega-3 may enhance muscle recovery.

it depends on so many factors and the state of the individual. Practiacally speaking, they probably dont have a substantial influence either way

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
and one may theorize that the suppression of inflammation from omega-3 may enhance muscle recovery.

it depends on so many factors and the state of the individual. Practiacally speaking, they probably dont have a substantial influence either way
Agreed. Plus, fatty acid balance is far more relevant than reductionist views of a single fatty acid.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
from what i understand they can also aid in increasing testosterone

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Plus, fatty acid balance is far more relevant than reductionist views of a single fatty acid.

people often concentrate on one variable and make ridiculous conclusions. an example is concentrating on growth hormone release during exercise. if you take that craziness to its extreme than you would conclude that its most advantageous to train while fasted.....of course we know thats not a very beneficial practice in real humans

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
people often concentrate on one variable and make ridiculous conclusions. an example is concentrating on growth hormone release during exercise. if you take that craziness to its extreme than you would conclude that its most advantageous to train while fasted.....of course we know thats not a very beneficial practice in real humans
But bro...N-Coumaryldopamine is stronger than clen

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
So compound 20 is worth it?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
PA,

If using Clen, is there a taurine dose (mg) to prevent any cardio issues?
When I have taurine in my pre w/o (bulk powder) and 100mcg Clen, I don't get puffed where as Clen BG itself kills my endurance

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
PA,

If using Clen, is there a taurine dose (mg) to prevent any cardio issues?
When I have taurine in my pre w/o (bulk powder) and 100mcg Clen, I don't get puffed where as Clen BG itself kills my endurance

this is unresearched territory

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fish oil is a supplement god. Flax seed oil idk about.Why not use ground flax seeds for the good fats,fiber,calories and health benifits? I dont think it will hinder gains.

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
There are a few articles out there suggesting that taking Fish Oil regularly, helps suppress appetite. This may be where someone concocted this notion. I wouldn't read too far into it honestly.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Get rid of short chain omega 6s

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Get rid of short chain omega 6s

you cant just get rid of omega 6 fats because they are ubiquitous

u can optimize your omega 3 / omega 6 ratio though

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
you cant just get rid of omega 6 fats because they are ubiquitous

u can optimize your omega 3 / omega 6 ratio though
What i should say...optimal ratio 1:2 1:3

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What i should say...optimal ratio 1:2 1:3
Dude, tracking omega 3s and 6s down to the milligram is not worth the trouble. Eat a diet with a balanced fatty acid profile, including even saturated fats in moderation. Take a high epa/dha fish oil supplement if you don't consume fatty fish. Profit

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder if this "will fish oil hinder my bulk" stems from recommendations not to take fish oil while on arachidonic acid supplements.

Fish oil increases mTOR.

Dietary omega-3 fatty acid supplementation increases the rate of muscle protein synthesis in older adults: a randomized trial

http://www.ajcn.org/content/93/2/402.long

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Dude, tracking omega 3s and 6s down to the milligram is not worth the trouble. Eat a diet with a balanced fatty acid profile, including even saturated fats in moderation. Take a high epa/dha fish oil supplement if you don't consume fatty fish. Profit

this is my philosophy as well. i take fish oil and eat some fish throughout the week and other than that i dont track where my fats are coming from. i figure my supplementation is keeping me within reasonable balance and thats good enough

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

dont be afraid of coconut oil either. It may consist of saturated fats but they are medium chain fats so they get oxidized in the liver preferentially. Part of this process generates ketones, which are great for the brain

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I wonder if this "will fish oil hinder my bulk" stems from recommendations not to take fish oil while on arachidonic acid supplements.

Fish oil increases mTOR.

Dietary omega-3 fatty acid supplementation increases the rate of muscle protein synthesis in older adults: a randomized trial

http://www.ajcn.org/content/93/2/402.long

are people still using arachadonic acid? didnt llewellyn change his view on simulataneous ingestion of omega3s?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
are people still using arachadonic acid? didnt llewellyn change his view on simulataneous ingestion of omega3s?

I am not sure if the recommendations have changed or not. I definitely remember this advice being given by MN reps at some point.

It was the idea that skewing my AA:EPA ratio was necessary which turned me off trying it.

They recently started promoting on here again but the one rep I saw was banned a few days after he came back.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I am not sure if the recommendations have changed or not. I definitely remember this advice being given by MN reps at some point.

It was the idea that skewing my AA:EPA ratio was necessary which turned me off trying it.

They recently started promoting on here again but the one rep I saw was banned a few days after he came back.
You can ingest all the EPA/DHA you like, as long as it is spaced as far as possible from your preworkout ArA dose. This is why XFA included omega-3s, but this was a pretty shoddy approach considering that they would competitively inhibit ArA delivery if co-ingested.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
GreenMachineX Supplements 19