Green Coffee Bean

Page 5 of 18 First ... 34567 ... Last

1. I dunno if this threads about gawd or the green coffee bean extract study. But in regards to the study itself i wasn't impressed with some of the methods. A 4% bodyfat loss over 22 weeks in fatty mcfatties is achievable by anyone. They also only asked them if they changed their exercise habits before and after. What about during the 22 weeks?

Finally I think calorie intake fell quite a bit in the last arm of the study (not certain but i vaguely remember that).
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

2. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post

Finally I think calorie intake fell quite a bit in the last arm of the study (not certain but i vaguely remember that).
    nope

Via the FT

The mechanism(s) of the significant effects of GCA on weight loss, BMI, percent body fat, and heart rate are unknown. There have been some recent articles indicating that chlorogenic acid and its metabolite, caffeic acid, inhibit amylase at mM concentrations in vitro which, if it occurred in the gastrointestinal tract in vivo, would inhibit sugar absorption from starch consumption and thus decrease caloric input. That chlorogenic acid has a significant influence on glucose metabolism was well demonstrated by Rodrigues de Sotillo et al when they were able to demonstrate a significant improvement in glucose tolerance in Zucker rats. This relative deprivation of glucose could possibly explain the reduction in BMI as well as fat content seen in their other rat study and in our human study. Another group has clearly demonstrated that chlorogenic acid may in fact have an antagonistic effect on human glucose transport. Based on the dietary data in our study, the product was not an appetite suppressant. Extracts of green coffee beans inhibited pancreatic lipase in vitro with a 50% inhibitory concentration of 43 μM polyphenols. In support of this result, caffeinated but not decaffeinated coffee supplementation in humans produced a decrease in lipoprotein lipase.
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    my hope is that there is an existence after death. and i hope its a place much different than earth cuz it would totally suck if it was the same

its all hope though, as any evidence towards that is not scientific but merely anecdotal (life after death stories, ghosts, messages from beyond). Of course, by nature it would be hard to find the scientific evidence cuz the dead cant testify
    My wish is the same, though there are days, especially lately, where I wish I could simply cease to exist, no longer be or feel...however more often than not "ceasing" is not something I find particularly comforting. I'd like to think we continue to some higher plane of existence....and like Pat I hope that it would not be to much like this existence, but I would hope that you still would recognize the ones that you know and care about as that is all I would really like to carry over from this life
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

4. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    nope

Via the FT
    Ahhh thanks. Still lots of issues there. Will be interesting to see future research.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

5. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    My wish is the same, though there are days, especially lately, where I wish I could simply cease to exist, no longer be or feel...however more often than not "ceasing" is not something I find particularly comforting. I'd like to think we continue to some higher plane of existence....and like Pat I hope that it would not be to much like this existence, but I would hope that you still would recognize the ones that you know and care about as that is all I would really like to carry over from this life
    "You see, without God, without a sense of God in our life, really the only motivation left is to get all we can, while we can. The only two realities for man without God are pleasure and pain. That’s it. That’s how we live our lives: trying to escape pain; trying to pursue pleasure in whatever forms they take. That’s because there’s no higher purpose unless something happens along the way to alter that perspective. That pursuit - that vanity - is imprinted within us because our nature is limited to seeing this life as all that there is."
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    "You see, without God, without a sense of God in our life, really the only motivation left is to get all we can, while we can. The only two realities for man without God are pleasure and pain. That’s it. That’s how we live our lives: trying to escape pain; trying to pursue pleasure in whatever forms they take. That’s because there’s no higher purpose unless something happens along the way to alter that perspective. That pursuit - that vanity - is imprinted within us because our nature is limited to seeing this life as all that there is."
    Kind of like your cosmic planarian worm moving from bad stimulus to good

7. Welcome to the party slow poke. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

8. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    the reality is that altruism and social consciousness is observed n many non-human species. Of course I cant prove that these species dont believe in a god and and after life, but I presume they dont. Rather such behavior becomes ingrained in some social species over millenia because it offers them a survival advantage

u see, you can explain so much without having to resort to god if you employ rational scientific thinking
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

9. epicurianism ITT
  10. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    u see, you can explain so much without having to resort to god if you employ rational scientific thinking
    Yet there is so much that cannot be explained. I believe our God exists on or at a dimension beyond the four classics of time and space and we do not have the intellectual capacity to rationalize or substantiate with evidence. My God is beyond our comprehension but that does not mean there is no evidence.
  11. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Welcome to the party slow poke. LOL
    I have grown tired of these over the years. I cannot change a man's mind nor do I attempt to. It's not a matter of the mind it is a matter of the heart. It's not a matter of evidence it is a matter of faith.

The evidence of my heart will always be in conflict with the evidence of my mind. I think therefore I am perpetually conflicted.

12. I hear ya

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I have grown tired of these over the years. I cannot change a man's mind nor do I attempt to.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

13. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Yet there is so much that cannot be explained.
    probably well over 99 percent of the universe cannot be explained. Not because its supernatural and therefore not explainable by science, but simply because we have not figured it out yet.

14. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I have grown tired of these over the years. I cannot change a man's mind nor do I attempt to. It's not a matter of the mind it is a matter of the heart. It's not a matter of evidence it is a matter of faith.

The evidence of my heart will always be in conflict with the evidence of my mind. I think therefore I am perpetually conflicted.
    faith is the antithesis of science

i guess i do believe in god. his name is science. and his adversary is faith
  15. Unbreakable

probably well over 99 percent of the universe cannot be explained. Not because its supernatural and therefore not explainable by science, but simply because we have not figured it out yet.
    faith is the antithesis of science

i guess i do believe in god. his name is science. and his adversary is faith
    There really is nothing more to discuss.

16. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    There really is nothing more to discuss.
    yeah. as long as your faith doesn't get nuts and interfere with my life then i am fine. thats whats great about america. all religions can co-exist as well as those who choose to reject religion
  17. Unbreakable

yeah. as long as your faith doesn't get nuts and interfere with my life then i am fine. thats whats great about america. all religions can co-exist as well as those who choose to reject religion
    You're an an optimist. I thought there was no longer anything great about America.

Happy Memorial Day!

18. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    Indeed, Imagine us having this conversation in Iran, several of us would find out for sure if there was a God or not .....via firing squad

19. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    My wish is the same, though there are days, especially lately, where I wish I could simply cease to exist, no longer be or feel...

"Times Like These"

I am a one way motorway
    I'm the one that drives away
    then follows you back home
    I am a street light shining
    I'm a wild light blinding bright
    burning off alone

it's times like these you learn to live again
    it's times like these you give and give again
    it's times like these you learn to love again
    it's times like these time and time again

I am a new day rising
    I'm a brand new sky
    to hang the stars upon tonight
    I am a little divided
    do I stay or run away
    and leave it all behind?

it's times like these you learn to live again
    it's times like these you give and give again
    it's times like these you learn to love again
    it's times like these time and time again

Heard it this morning and it made me think of you.

20. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    You're an an optimist. I thought there was no longer anything great about America.

Happy Memorial Day!
    Familiarity breeds contempt
  21. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    Familiarity breeds contempt
    It was sincerely a sardonic statement.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    co-exist yes but its hardly peaceful.

Check that out

23. Thanks for the blue balls...this thread did NOT deliver. . .

I keed. The problem is that science will never be placed on an even playing field with religion because it intrinsically acknowledges fault in its own theories. Science is incapable of providing the proof that others seek. It proposes theories that have yet to be proven wrong by the inevitable anomalies it will soon discover. Science accepts fallible knowledge, while religion through divine inspiration enjoys infallibility.

I would also like to mention that geneticists and neuroscientists have agreed our genetic predispositions can greatly impact our likelihood to believe or reject the idea of a superior being. They have done some pretty interesting work with twins being separated at birth, etc. etc.

A book called On Being Certain offered some pretty thought provoking insights on this very topic if anyone is interested in written material anymore these days.

The other thing I have to mention is the behavior of the majority of religious groups do not do themselves any favors. I've grown to harbor some disdain for these organizations, and since moved to a more spiritual, empathetic journey. One where I'm just trying to be a more compassionate, understanding, and contributing individual which used to be the core message of religion believe it or not.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." -Gandhi.

Anyways, that's completely off topic, I just felt the urge to add in my one cent because I've done some soul searching in the last few months, and to no avail. My rational, logical side has prevailed thus far, but I will continue to enjoy the journey of self educating and seeking some sort of connection with a belief, regardless of it actually happening or not.

24. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    T

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." -Gandhi.

nice

25. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    nice
    Unfortunately I totally get that, sometimes I think the biggest enemy of Christianity is misguided "Christians"

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Green cofee bean extract
    By Deccadick in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
  2. Green Tea, Black Coffee
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2