Green Coffee Bean

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
This study appears to be blowing up right now: Green Coffee Beans May Aid Weight Loss.

Cliffs: With net energy consumption held constant, green coffee bean extract produced dramatic fat loss effects in overweight and obese individuals.

Now, I've always been interested in green coffee bean extract for some specific health benefits, but I'm wondering which constituents you think may be responsible for the above results.

Also, what are your thoughts on Green Coffee Bean Extract as an ergogenic aid? I'm thinking along the lines of 8-methylcaffeine and bronchodilaton.

Thanks for your thoughts PA

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
This study appears to be blowing up right now: Green Coffee Beans May Aid Weight Loss.

Cliffs: With net energy consumption held constant, green coffee bean extract produced dramatic fat loss effects in overweight and obese individuals.

Now, I've always been interested in green coffee bean extract for some specific health benefits, but I'm wondering which constituents you think may be responsible for the above results.

Also, what are your thoughts on Green Coffee Bean Extract as an ergogenic aid? I'm thinking along the lines of 8-methylcaffeine and bronchodilaton.

Thanks for your thoughts PA

i sold the stuff as part of my AMP2 formula. Chlorogenic acid is the purported main active

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
^ That would make sense since roasted coffee does not seem to demonstrate a similar effect. Since you're a chemist, I figured I'd ask: what is the MOA of chlorogenic acid? I see that it inhibits fat absorption (though it is well-tolerated in the GI tract so this can't be the main effect e.g. GI issues and oily stools caused by Orlistat), but it also seems to have other effects (i.e. lowered resting HR, though this could be a result of the bronchodilatory effects of the methylcaffeine, not sure). This latest study also used a very high dose of green coffee bean extract so whatever the MOA is, it's dose-dependent.

Also, why can't I find AMP 2 anywhere?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
^ That would make sense since roasted coffee does not seem to demonstrate a similar effect. Since you're a chemist, I figured I'd ask: what is the MOA of chlorogenic acid?
what would being a chemist have to do with knowing the MOA of that stuff? Chemists study chemistry, that is more of a pharmacology question

anyway, i dont remember all the MOAs. Its not something that I stored in my long term memory. The information is only a few google clicks away though I am sure

AMP2 no longer exists

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what would being a chemist have to do with knowing the MOA of that stuff? Chemists study chemistry, that is more of a pharmacology question

anyway, i dont remember all the MOAs. Its not something that I stored in my long term memory. The information is only a few google clicks away though I am sure

AMP2 no longer exists

It's latest incarnation is ErgoBurn NMT, yes?

AMPv1 and 2 both rocked!

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
If I'm thinking correctly, the newest hydroxycut has green coffee been extract. Does anyone know if this can be purchased elsewhere?

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the newest Hydroxycut have green coffee bean in the ingredients?

Besides hydroxycut, assuming I'm correct, can green coffee bean be purchased elsewhere?

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Sorry about the double post. Using the phone app, didn't think my first reply to the thread had sent. Phone crashed trying to send it!

Anyways... ?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another company was using this stuff way back when just for this reason, and sold it in bulk. There are a ton of threads on the MOA from previous research around here on AM.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Another company was using this stuff way back when just for this reason, and sold it in bulk. There are a ton of threads on the MOA from previous research around here on AM.
good stuff, if only it didnt turn to a brick....

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
It's latest incarnation is ErgoBurn NMT, yes?
Yes that product shares lineage with AMP2 but it doesnt contain geranamine. plus god only knows if the guy who makes it didnt twist the formula all around from my original one to make more money. I definitely cannot give my approval of that product

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the newest Hydroxycut have green coffee bean in the ingredients?

Besides hydroxycut, assuming I'm correct, can green coffee bean be purchased elsewhere?

you probably can purchase the actual stuff at any herbal store

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I wonder how purchasing the product at an herbal store and running it in combination with another thermogenic such as Alpha-T2 or Cellucor HD would do? Im considering it. Thoughts?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Green coffee bean extract is in the topical Abliderate Advanced as well.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
There are many capped versions: LEF, Swanson, Source naturals and bac has bulk.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes that product shares lineage with AMP2 but it doesnt contain geranamine. plus god only knows if the guy who makes it didnt twist the formula all around from my original one to make more money. I definitely cannot give my approval of that product
Ha, ya I figured you wouldn't be giving it the 'PA seal of approval' ;)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I wonder how purchasing the product at an herbal store and running it in combination with another thermogenic such as Alpha-T2 or Cellucor HD would do? Im considering it. Thoughts?

experimentation time

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any need to supplement this if I'm using Abliderate Advanced which has it.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

AMP2 no longer exists
My point was that I'd rather take advantage of the opportunity to pose a Q to someone with qualifications vs your average board member.

Anyway, this definitely looks worthwhile but I question how much of the fat loss is derived from fat absorption vs metabolism. If it's the former, I don't necessarily consider that a good thing.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My point was that I'd rather take advantage of the opportunity to pose a Q to someone with qualifications vs your average board member.

Anyway, this definitely looks worthwhile but I question how much of the fat loss is derived from fat absorption vs metabolism. If it's the former, I don't necessarily consider that a good thing.

Dont underestimate the average board member ;)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/200483-green-coffee-bean.html#post3366505

Attachments

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
JJ is too humble to pimp, so I'll do it for him ;)

[h=3]Fat Free Supplement Facts[/h]Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Proprietary Blend700 mg**
Ligustrum Lucidum (Standardized to 25% Ursolic Acid)
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
Coffea Arabic Extract (extracted for 95% Caffeine and Chlorogenic Acid)
R-Beta Methylphenylethylamine
Hordenine HCl
Green Tea Extract (Standardized to 95% Polyphenols)
Quercetin DiHydrate (95% Extract)
Theobromine

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

just wear diapers

L

Linda Albert

Banned
Awards
Hi,
Green Coffee Bean Extract will help you in weight loss as it has strong anti oxidant properties. This also helps for a diabetes patient.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Hi,
Green Coffee Bean Extract will help you in weight loss as it has strong anti oxidant properties.
i dont see the relevance of anti-oxidant action to weight loss

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know the amount of chlorogenic acid that was used in the studies? Life extension sells 200mg caps standarized to 100mg chlorogenic acid. Best price I've seen at vitacost.com $18.75. 90 caps. Please post links for better prices and higher mg caps.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

WHAT has science offered u ask?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is about to turn into a religion vs. science debate :)

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
I've started playing with how this will work on a carb-backloading diet if only dosing high in the morning. Only been about two weeks, but we'll see how it goes. I'm down 2 lbs with strength increases, with increased cardio and cals at sedentary maintenance. Not too shabby so far, however I tend to fluctuate in a 5 lb range anyway, so it'll take more time to really tell.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there is no debate.

to debate requires rational thinking and there is nothing rational about faith
Lol, couldn't agree more. See my posts in general chat on the subject.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you can prove that life began without a Creator, hit me up. Otherwise, you have the exact same same faith we Christians do; only with a diametrically opposed view.

Objectively: An Aestheist's version of creation ("faith" in some spontaneous BOOM) is just as "irrational" to a Christian as my faith in a Creator is to you. ;)

PS: I'll still need you to priovide "scientific evidence" of what caused the boom too lol :D

there is no debate.

to debate requires rational thinking and there is nothing rational about faith

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you can prove that life began without a Creator, hit me up. Otherwise, you have the exact same same faith we Christians do; only with a diametrically opposed view.

Objectively: An Aestheist's version of creation ("faith" in some spontaneous BOOM) is just as "irrational" to a Christian as my faith in a Creator is to you. ;)

PS: I'll still need you to priovide "scientific evidence" of what caused the boom too lol :D
Prove life began with a creator. And don't use words in a book as evidence as I can quickly write down words in a book as well. Prove a higher power exists using reason not based on words out of a book. Because many other faiths have words from different books, so you'll need to prove yours is correct.

And while we're at it help me understand why someone would give people the ability to think rationally, not provide any rational proof for his existence, and then torture those people for eternity he supposedly loves because they can't get their head around him existing because he gave them reason. Also why does he need so much of my money? And like your signature why do you need to be so fearful of this guy anyways? You really want to worship someone based on fear? Sounds like terrorism to me.

Damn I said I wasn't going to get in another damn religious debate :)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here LOL :p

To answer your question, we could go round and round. I've seen it (and been part of it) on many threads on this board. The end result is always the same. We Christians have faith in our Creator. You Aetheists have faith in your theories for the commencement of life. At the end of the day, neither can prove either conviction to the other party. Faith is faith, no matter the subject. Hence my comment to Pat ;)

Damn I said I wasn't going to get in another damn religious debate :)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

ok buddy

who created your creator?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
physics actually has some explanation on how matter can spontaneously arise from a vacuum

and its alot more sophisticated than a man with a grey beard deciding to make the universe in a week

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
. You Aetheists have faith in your theories for the commencement of life. At the end of the day, neither can prove either conviction to the other party. Faith is faith, no matter the subject. Hence my comment to Pat ;)

i disagree. I dont believe in anything that is not supported by evidence. I dont fill in the gaps with faith. I just admit I dont know.

I suppose if there is anything I have "faith" in it is that if man can develop the intellectual capacity to do so he will be able to explain the entire universe using science and reason

Unfortunately our brains our limited by our physiology so I dont think our species will ever get to that point

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
i disagree. I dont believe in anything that is not supported by evidence. I dont fill in the gaps with faith. I just admit I dont know.

I suppose if there is anything I have "faith" in it is that if man can develop the intellectual capacity to do so he will be able to explain the entire universe using science and reason

Unfortunately our brains our limited by our physiology so I dont think our species will ever get to that point
I admit I do not know as well. I look at it like this. Does a rat know how a plane works? Maybe this is something we will just never understand.