New Ursolic Acid Study, as posted in main forum

D3Baseball

Awards
We discussed this a bit in the "why did Ursobolic suck so hard?" thread, but there is an interesting new study I just saw this blurb of from an AppNut rep:

Ursolic acid directly promotes protein accretion in myotubes but does not affect myoblast proliferation.

Ursolic acid (UA) has been recently proposed as a potential candidate for the treatment of muscle wasting conditions because of its protein sparring/anabolic effects. Despite this finding, it is unknown whether this response is the consequence of a direct effect on the muscle fibre or if it is mediated by neural or other systemic factors. In the present study, we sought to determine if UA has direct effects in skeletal muscle cells, whether it can increase myoblast proliferation and whether UA can become myotoxic at higher doses. Our results demonstrate that UA directly promoted protein accretion in cultured myotubes but did not modulate myoblast proliferation. At higher doses, UA compromised cell viability in both myoblasts and myotubes. We conclude that the anabolic properties of UA seen in vivo and in vitro are likely a direct effect on the muscle cell, but at higher doses, the benefits decline in favour of a myotoxic outcome.

PMID: 22411156

Should have followed label?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
We discussed this a bit in the "why did Ursobolic suck so hard?" thread, but there is an interesting new study I just saw this blurb of from an AppNut rep:

[/B]PMID: 22411156

Should have followed label?
No worries, Pat has stated elsewhere that the levels in this study would require extreme amounts also this study was in vitro, and oft times that does not translate well in vivo
Patrick Arnold yeah i dont think that paper is of much value in determining toxicity of UA in vivo. Especially considering there are several other papers which have demonstrated the low toxicity of the stuff in animals in-vivo. in-vivo trumps in-vitro