Ecdysterone yes or no?

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    still have a lot of it here. i just dont know how to go about selling it. doesnt really fit into any of our product lines
    We need to talk...
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    We need to talk...
    I'll be your guys genie pig

•   

3. Hmmm....

It appears a certain lab rat is about to find out, just what an injectible Ecdy can do. Not me of course, but Kcilflexim. That would be "Mixelflick", spelled backwards.

I'm in daily contact with him, so I'll try to get details as to when he's starting, how he'll run it etc.. Good guy, and knows his Ecdy cold!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Hmmm....

It appears a certain lab rat is about to find out, just what an injectible Ecdy can do. Not me of course, but Kcilflexim. That would be "Mixelflick", spelled backwards.

I'm in daily contact with him, so I'll try to get details as to when he's starting, how he'll run it etc.. Good guy, and knows his Ecdy cold!
    should be interesting. Once upon a time russianstar, aka prof filimanov, ran an injectable ecdy. I believe he made it himself, and had rather favorable results. I believe he had a log of it here, with the recipe he used. Ps- just picked up the blueprint a few days ago and have been reading all the material- really intrigued- but I must say my head is spinning a bit, lol.

5. Quote Originally Posted by daft205 View Post
    should be interesting. Once upon a time russianstar, aka prof filimanov, ran an injectable ecdy. I believe he made it himself, and had rather favorable results. I believe he had a log of it here, with the recipe he used. Ps- just picked up the blueprint a few days ago and have been reading all the material- really intrigued- but I must say my head is spinning a bit, lol.
    Understand man, it's a LOT of information. I wanted to over-deliver for people like you, who invested in me/BP.

PM on the way with my cell-phone #. I'm headed back to Gainsville brother - and you're coming with me....
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Alpha R View Post
    The problem with Ecdysterone products on the market, is that they are not properly standardized or dosed. Also, you need a full-spectrum extract, containing a variety of ecdysteroid conmpounds, and not an extract that is standardized just for 20-hydroxyecdysone.

Ecdysterone repairs cartilage in joints
    http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteronejoints.html

Ecdysteroids curb growth of fat tissue
    http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteroids.html

Try ecdysteroids for younger skin and more muscle mass
    http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteroidsyoungerskin.html

Low doses of ecdysteroids promote muscle building
    http://www.ergo-log.com/ecdysteronemetabolism.html
    I read but can't remember where that something on the order of 1 1/2 - 2 cups of quinoa a day reaches the ecdysterone levels as we normally see in products.

7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I read but can't remember where that something on the order of 1 1/2 - 2 cups of quinoa a day reaches the ecdysterone levels as we normally see in products.
    True, but these are the seeds - not the grain which is usually left over after cooking....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11368638

Ecdysteroids of quinoa seeds (Chenopodium quinoa Willd.).

Zhu N, Kikuzaki H, Vastano BC, Nakatani N, Karwe MV, Rosen RT, Ho CT.
    Source

Department of Food Science and Center for Advanced Food Technology, Rutgers University, 65 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901-8520, USA.

Abstract

Quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa) is a hardy and nutritious Latin American pseudo-cereal. Studies on the seeds led to the isolation of five ecdysteroids using column chromatography. Their structures were determined as ecdysterone, makisterone A, 24-epi-makisterone A, 24(28)-dehydromakisterone A, and 20,26-dihydroxyecdysone by spectroscopic methods. This study demonstrates that quinoa seeds are a source of ecdysteroids, which were reported to be molting hormones in insects.

PMID: 11368638 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

8. Anabolica--ecdy+ 5a hydroxy laxogenin was apparently supposed to be good stuff. Thermolife apparently has it too in their E-Bol
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

9. Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    Anabolica--ecdy+ 5a hydroxy laxogenin was apparently supposed to be good stuff. Thermolife apparently has it too in their E-Bol
    Anabolica was in fact, a quality product. I confirmed in conversation with Mark Thierman that he produced the raws. Still had a few tabs, and I had those tested to validate they contained 5-alpha-hydroxy laxogenin.

Thermolife's 25-R is not quite the same, but a related compound. The 25-R's are really a series of related compounds, cousins of Compounds I-IV in the former Soviet Literature. I'm speaking now with the person who's in possession of Mark's recipe for synthesizing Laxogenin from diosgenin, and may be working with him in the future on formulation and optimal use protocols for various applications...

Will keep everyone posted!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    I'm speaking now with the person who's in possession of Mark's recipe for synthesizing Laxogenin from diosgenin, and may be working with him in the future on formulation and optimal use protocols for various applications...
    !
    U want something synthesized you can always come to me. we have actual real chem production equipment and lab, not a bathtub and some litmus paper

11. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    U want something synthesized you can always come to me. we have actual real chem production equipment and lab, not a bathtub and some litmus paper
    Understand and appreciate that PA. In fact, this gentleman had some concerns about where his product is being made. I'll email him now, and be in touch...

12. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    you have an anglo name yet you sound asian

are you a raw material supplier?
    Screams of Cyanotis Vaga...

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Screams of Cyanotis Vaga...
    this woman is interjecting herself in all kinds of threads with brief informational statements. Its like she is not reading the thread and just looking at the title and then spouting out a factoid. Its like she is not human but a computer program

its like you are at a party discussing something. Lets say you are discussing salmon dishes. And then this weirdo buts in and says out of nowhere " Salmon - 10 minutes per inch, 400 degrees farhenheit" Like that nerd girl from big bang theory

14. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    this woman is interjecting herself in all kinds of threads with brief informational statements. Its like she is not reading the thread and just looking at the title and then spouting out a factoid. Its like she is not human but a computer program

its like you are at a party discussing something. Lets say you are discussing salmon dishes. And then this weirdo buts in and says out of nowhere " Salmon - 10 minutes per inch, 400 degrees farhenheit" Like that nerd girl from big bang theory
    100 post later they will add spam in their signature.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!

15. I dunno guys...I think she's on to something
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

16. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post

Yeah, otherwise known as a spam-bot. I've seen them on my board. Automated, in some fashion to build post counts - then later add a link in their sig (or wherever), to their bunk product. Sad part of the information age...

17. Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Yeah, otherwise known as a spam-bot. I've seen them on my board. Automated, in some fashion to build post counts - then later add a link in their sig (or wherever), to their bunk product. Sad part of the information age...
    Hey you look really good in your picture can you gave us some more information about your age

18. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Hey you look really good in your picture can you gave us some more information about your age

no homo?

19. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    no homo?
    Homo or gtfo brah

20. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Turned 42 in January. I sure wish women had the same reaction to my pic, LOL. Chick magnet I ain't. My son is though. Nicholas Maximus can't keep the chiqua's off him...

21. clear your pm's mixel

22. it's all that resveratrol bro

23. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    clear your pm's mixel
    Done

24. I'm late to this thread. everything I wanted to say and debate has been debated.

25. Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    I'm late to this thread. everything I wanted to say and debate has been debated.
    Aw c'mon, there's always more to debate when it comes to Ecdy...

26. Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Aw c'mon, there's always more to debate when it comes to Ecdy...
    reminds me of a few years ago when the bans were getting closer,I remember a few companies gettin crazy over the edy

27. There is a pro-bodybuilder, on another forum, who claims to use injectable Ecdy pre-contest with excellent results.

28. recent study on injectable 20E done here at u of illinois had weird and somewhat dissapointing results

29. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    recent study on injectable 20E done here at u of illinois had weird and somewhat dissapointing results
    Thanks for the tip PA! I'm googling now, can you please provide a link here for the board members that may be interested?

Someone I know REAL well will be running a "full spectrum" Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract injectible within a month or two. I'm no fan of 20E/20-Hydroxyecdysterone standalone. This, based upon 15 years of running it orally, sublingual in a cyclodextrin base as well as transdermal with the carrier being your odorless DMSO (great stuff, btw). Only the trans at a gram/day of 20-H yielded some benefit.

I'm of the opinion that full spectrum RCE is the preferred source genus, given there is a grouping of ecdysteroids in the plant (referred to as the "levseins" complex in the former Soviet literature). There are also various tannins and resins contained therein, that are considered to be beneficial. This is but one of the reasons I elected to incorporate into Mass Pro Synthagen - my first Ecdy product. To be fair, Thermolife makes an excellent product in this category, E-bol. Like Synthagen, they use RCE as the primary source of Ecdy.

More info on the Ecdy pinning experiment, forthcoming...

30. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    recent study on injectable 20E done here at u of illinois had weird and somewhat dissapointing results
    I'm assuming you're referring to this?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....4679/abstract

Keywords:

• 20-hydroxyecdysone;
    • infusion;
    • mice;
    • microarray;
    • phytoecdysteroids;
    • skeletal muscle

Phytoecdysteroids have been attributed with numerous pharmacological properties in animals, including increasing muscle mass, and 20-hydroxyecdysone (20E) is one of the most abundant phytoecdysteroids produced by plants. In this study, the physiological and gene expression effects of 20E were analyzed in C57BL/6 mice given a continuous infusion of saline or 20E (5 mg/kg/day) for 5 or 15 days using subcutaneously implanted Alzet® osmotic pumps. The masses of the total body, muscle groups and organs were determined. There was a significant increase ( p = 0.01) in the mass of triceps brachii in mice treated with 20E for 5 days (115 ± 8 mg) compared with mice treated with saline for 5 days (88 ± 3 mg), however, there were no differences in the other measured parameters. To determine potential mechanisms of 20E in skeletal muscle, Illumina's Mouse Whole Genome-6 v2.0 Expression BeadChips were used to evaluate changes in gene expression of the triceps brachii after 20E infusion. Ingenuity Pathways Analysis was used to identify genes with the most evidence for differential expression, of which, 16 genes involved in the skeletal and muscular system were identified. Overall, the data suggest that 20E does not have potent anabolic properties, however, a muscle-specific increase was observed and genes were identified to provide an explanation for the muscle accretion. Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Quite interesting, the muscle specific effect observed. I only had time to read the abstract, off to the gym!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ecdysterone
    By ironparson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 06:28 PM
  2. ecdysterone
    By superbot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 03:24 PM
  3. About ECDYSTERONE