Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    U want something synthesized you can always come to me. we have actual real chem production equipment and lab, not a bathtub and some litmus paper
    Understand and appreciate that PA. In fact, this gentleman had some concerns about where his product is being made. I'll email him now, and be in touch...
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

you have an anglo name yet you sound asian

are you a raw material supplier?
    Screams of Cyanotis Vaga...
  3. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelflick View Post
    Screams of Cyanotis Vaga...
    this woman is interjecting herself in all kinds of threads with brief informational statements. Its like she is not reading the thread and just looking at the title and then spouting out a factoid. Its like she is not human but a computer program

its like you are at a party discussing something. Lets say you are discussing salmon dishes. And then this weirdo buts in and says out of nowhere " Salmon - 10 minutes per inch, 400 degrees farhenheit" Like that nerd girl from big bang theory
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

this woman is interjecting herself in all kinds of threads with brief informational statements. Its like she is not reading the thread and just looking at the title and then spouting out a factoid. Its like she is not human but a computer program

its like you are at a party discussing something. Lets say you are discussing salmon dishes. And then this weirdo buts in and says out of nowhere " Salmon - 10 minutes per inch, 400 degrees farhenheit" Like that nerd girl from big bang theory
    100 post later they will add spam in their signature.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I dunno guys...I think she's on to something
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

Yeah, otherwise known as a spam-bot. I've seen them on my board. Automated, in some fashion to build post counts - then later add a link in their sig (or wherever), to their bunk product. Sad part of the information age...
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Yeah, otherwise known as a spam-bot. I've seen them on my board. Automated, in some fashion to build post counts - then later add a link in their sig (or wherever), to their bunk product. Sad part of the information age...
    Hey you look really good in your picture can you gave us some more information about your age
  8. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Hey you look really good in your picture can you gave us some more information about your age

no homo?
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

no homo?
    Homo or gtfo brah

10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

Turned 42 in January. I sure wish women had the same reaction to my pic, LOL. Chick magnet I ain't. My son is though. Nicholas Maximus can't keep the chiqua's off him...
  11. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

clear your pm's mixel
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.34%

it's all that resveratrol bro
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

clear your pm's mixel
    Done
  14. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.52%

I'm late to this thread. everything I wanted to say and debate has been debated.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    I'm late to this thread. everything I wanted to say and debate has been debated.
    Aw c'mon, there's always more to debate when it comes to Ecdy...
  16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.52%

Aw c'mon, there's always more to debate when it comes to Ecdy...
    reminds me of a few years ago when the bans were getting closer,I remember a few companies gettin crazy over the edy
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.82%

There is a pro-bodybuilder, on another forum, who claims to use injectable Ecdy pre-contest with excellent results.
  18. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

recent study on injectable 20E done here at u of illinois had weird and somewhat dissapointing results
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

recent study on injectable 20E done here at u of illinois had weird and somewhat dissapointing results
    Thanks for the tip PA! I'm googling now, can you please provide a link here for the board members that may be interested?

Someone I know REAL well will be running a "full spectrum" Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract injectible within a month or two. I'm no fan of 20E/20-Hydroxyecdysterone standalone. This, based upon 15 years of running it orally, sublingual in a cyclodextrin base as well as transdermal with the carrier being your odorless DMSO (great stuff, btw). Only the trans at a gram/day of 20-H yielded some benefit.

I'm of the opinion that full spectrum RCE is the preferred source genus, given there is a grouping of ecdysteroids in the plant (referred to as the "levseins" complex in the former Soviet literature). There are also various tannins and resins contained therein, that are considered to be beneficial. This is but one of the reasons I elected to incorporate into Mass Pro Synthagen - my first Ecdy product. To be fair, Thermolife makes an excellent product in this category, E-bol. Like Synthagen, they use RCE as the primary source of Ecdy.

More info on the Ecdy pinning experiment, forthcoming...
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

I'm assuming you're referring to this?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....4679/abstract

Keywords:

• 20-hydroxyecdysone;
    • infusion;
    • mice;
    • microarray;
    • phytoecdysteroids;
    • skeletal muscle

Phytoecdysteroids have been attributed with numerous pharmacological properties in animals, including increasing muscle mass, and 20-hydroxyecdysone (20E) is one of the most abundant phytoecdysteroids produced by plants. In this study, the physiological and gene expression effects of 20E were analyzed in C57BL/6 mice given a continuous infusion of saline or 20E (5 mg/kg/day) for 5 or 15 days using subcutaneously implanted Alzet® osmotic pumps. The masses of the total body, muscle groups and organs were determined. There was a significant increase ( p = 0.01) in the mass of triceps brachii in mice treated with 20E for 5 days (115 ± 8 mg) compared with mice treated with saline for 5 days (88 ± 3 mg), however, there were no differences in the other measured parameters. To determine potential mechanisms of 20E in skeletal muscle, Illumina's Mouse Whole Genome-6 v2.0 Expression BeadChips were used to evaluate changes in gene expression of the triceps brachii after 20E infusion. Ingenuity Pathways Analysis was used to identify genes with the most evidence for differential expression, of which, 16 genes involved in the skeletal and muscular system were identified. Overall, the data suggest that 20E does not have potent anabolic properties, however, a muscle-specific increase was observed and genes were identified to provide an explanation for the muscle accretion. Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Quite interesting, the muscle specific effect observed. I only had time to read the abstract, off to the gym!!!
  21. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

I'm assuming you're referring to this?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....4679/abstract

Keywords:

• 20-hydroxyecdysone;
    • infusion;
    • mice;
    • microarray;
    • phytoecdysteroids;
    • skeletal muscle

Phytoecdysteroids have been attributed with numerous pharmacological properties in animals, including increasing muscle mass, and 20-hydroxyecdysone (20E) is one of the most abundant phytoecdysteroids produced by plants. In this study, the physiological and gene expression effects of 20E were analyzed in C57BL/6 mice given a continuous infusion of saline or 20E (5 mg/kg/day) for 5 or 15 days using subcutaneously implanted Alzet® osmotic pumps. The masses of the total body, muscle groups and organs were determined. There was a significant increase ( p = 0.01) in the mass of triceps brachii in mice treated with 20E for 5 days (115 ± 8 mg) compared with mice treated with saline for 5 days (88 ± 3 mg), however, there were no differences in the other measured parameters. To determine potential mechanisms of 20E in skeletal muscle, Illumina's Mouse Whole Genome-6 v2.0 Expression BeadChips were used to evaluate changes in gene expression of the triceps brachii after 20E infusion. Ingenuity Pathways Analysis was used to identify genes with the most evidence for differential expression, of which, 16 genes involved in the skeletal and muscular system were identified. Overall, the data suggest that 20E does not have potent anabolic properties, however, a muscle-specific increase was observed and genes were identified to provide an explanation for the muscle accretion. Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Quite interesting, the muscle specific effect observed. I only had time to read the abstract, off to the gym!!!

yeah that one. the question is, was the osmotic pump situated in the vicinity of the triceps brachii?

very odd that just one specific muscle group would grow otherwise
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

yeah that one. the question is, was the osmotic pump situated in the vicinity of the triceps brachii?

very odd that just one specific muscle group would grow otherwise
    Agree. If so, it would seem to parallel MadRussian's (I think that was his handle) findings/commentary, when pinning an Ecdy homebrew. This is where our little world has something to offer. An avant guard experiment? Perhaps, yet it offers insight into unanswered questions.

If this is in fact the case, it'll just result in more Ecdy questions vs. answers. Still, it illustrates the fact it CAN be anabolic in muscle tissue. We need more studies in humans, given the potential it holds for sarcopenia/muscle wasting in conditions where traditional anabolics are contra-indicated (i.e. prostate cancer). I fully understand they're pursuing SARM's for this, but Ecdy is far less likely to present the unknown/reported side effects SARM's have presented (i.e. transient visual disturbances, etc.).

Exciting stuff...
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%

Agree. If so, it would seem to parallel MadRussian's (I think that was his handle) findings/commentary, when pinning an Ecdy homebrew. This is where our little world has something to offer. An avant guard experiment? Perhaps, yet it offers insight into unanswered questions.

If this is in fact the case, it'll just result in more Ecdy questions vs. answers. Still, it illustrates the fact it CAN be anabolic in muscle tissue. We need more studies in humans, given the potential it holds for sarcopenia/muscle wasting in conditions where traditional anabolics are contra-indicated (i.e. prostate cancer). I fully understand they're pursuing SARM's for this, but Ecdy is far less likely to present the unknown/reported side effects SARM's have presented (i.e. transient visual disturbances, etc.).

Exciting stuff...
    Do you have a delivery method or modification to ecdy that will actually get it to skeletal muscle in humans?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  24. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

Do you have a delivery method or modification to ecdy that will actually get it to skeletal muscle in humans?

u mean orally or injectable?

i dont see how one can target ecdy to skeletal muscle by either route. Its gonna go where it wants to go. unless you inject it right into a muscle, but still most of that will diffuse out of the muscle.
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%

u mean orally or injectable?

i dont see how one can target ecdy to skeletal muscle by either route. Its gonna go where it wants to go. unless you inject it right into a muscle, but still most of that will diffuse out of the muscle.
    I mean orally since injectables aren't really a feasible option in this industry (or are they?), and I don't mean targeting skeletal muscle but rather even reaching the tissue.
  26. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

I mean orally since injectables aren't really a feasible option in this industry (or are they?), and I don't mean targeting skeletal muscle but rather even reaching the tissue.
    i was under the impression that they absorbed in the gut and reached the blood stream in reasonable amounts
  27. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%

i was under the impression that they absorbed in the gut and reached the blood stream in reasonable amounts
    I recall reading that radiolabeled ecdy was most prevalent in excretory organs of animals closer in size to humans. Was your research referring to rats?
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.8%

I recall reading that radiolabeled ecdy was most prevalent in excretory organs of animals closer in size to humans. Was your research referring to rats?
    Silly bladder hogging all the ecdy
  29. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

i got the full text on the 20E infusion.

the triceps got significantly bigger after 5 days but after 15 they shrunk back down. no other muscles or organs showed any changes

big dissapointment
  30. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.74%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

the triceps got significantly bigger after 5 days but after 15 they shrunk back down. no other muscles or organs showed any changes

big dissapointment
    You were hoping for a bigger heart?
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

big dissapointment
    Hold a sec - wasn't the Ecdy only administered for 5 days? I didn't read the full study, but thought I recalled that from the abstract...

EDIT: Found it - There was a significant increase ( p = 0.01) in the mass of triceps brachii in mice treated with 20E for 5 days

So my real question PA is this - Does the full study disclose where the osmotic pump was, perhaps in the tricep?
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

No, but I'm not convinced you need one. I believe it builds into the cell membrane, much like fish oil. The studies I've seen (most), demonstrate it's well absorbed orally, despite what you'll hear elsewhere. Many also claim it's eliminated too rapidly, but from the studies i've seen it's largely dependent upon the size of the animal.

I don't feel this is a terribly limiting factor.

What I DO think has hurt the most, is positioning of Ecdy as a "steroid replacement". Adaptogens do NOT = Anabolics. Neither in structure nor function. Yet many of the suggestions insofar as optimal dosing mirror those of androgens (cycling, take with extra protein etc.). Big mistake, IMO. No environmental stressor to adapt to?

Adaptogens don't perform well.

Androgens fire the gun for you. Look at the study in the NEJM, I think it was on 600mg testosterone/week. Those guys put on more muscle without training, than hard training naturals 3days/week! Adaptogens are ammunition, but you still have to fire the gun.

Best way I can put it....
  33. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

No, but I'm not convinced you need one. I believe it builds into the cell membrane, much like fish oil. ..

Maybe it displaces cholesterol in the cell membrane, since cholesterol and ecdysteroids are structurally similar

ecdysteroids are alot more water soluble though. so maybe i am wrong
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

Maybe it displaces cholesterol in the cell membrane, since cholesterol and ecdysteroids are structurally similar

ecdysteroids are alot more water soluble though. so maybe i am wrong
    That's a great theory, I wish we knew if that's what was going on. There's also something going on with Vitamin D, insofar as some studies seem to indicate Ecdy can act as a substitute for it. It's just damned difficult to nail down. Ecdy is incredibly controversial, but for those of us it works for it works well. The reduction in DOMS for example, profound in my case (and many others). I think Scooter put it best here (paraphrasing), "When you come off of Ecdy, you just feel old...".

And that's exactly what it feels like. I feel beat up/achy from training, don't recover nearly as well and lose the sense of well being it imparts. It also helps me sleep better and seems to increase my VO2 max, for what it's worth. It's just a shame more studies aren't being done...
  35. Featured Author
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.46%

That's a great theory, I wish we knew if that's what was going on. There's also something going on with Vitamin D, insofar as some studies seem to indicate Ecdy can act as a substitute for it.
    vitamin D is a secosteroid. the B and C rings are unformed but the body has enzymes which use those double bonds to finish forming the steroid four ring structure. if you did that to vitamin D you would have a structure pretty similar to cholesterol and ecdysteroids
  36. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.87%

vitamin D is a secosteroid. the B and C rings are unformed but the body has enzymes which use those double bonds to finish forming the steroid four ring structure. if you did that to vitamin D you would have a structure pretty similar to cholesterol and ecdysteroids
    Explains a lot. Thank you Pat...
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.8%

Explains a lot. Thank you Pat...
    Can you recommend a quality company selling ecdy? I have tried it in the past but I did not notice much. I forget what company I used but it seemed like everyone was using a different standardization method.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Can you recommend a quality company selling ecdy? I have tried it in the past but I did not notice much. I forget what company I used but it seemed like everyone was using a different standardization method.
    You cant go wrong with Mass Pro Synthagen.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid

Ive tried iforce... But I dosed it at a whopping 15 caps a day. Results? I had some mean increase in mass of my lats. But I cant give 100% credit to ecdysone as I was training less so I should've had more time to grow. Who knows though?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ax1

You cant go wrong with Mass Pro Synthagen.
    Have run it?
    It's OOS now.
    RecoverBro ELITE

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ecdysterone
    By ironparson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 07:28 PM
  2. ecdysterone
    By superbot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 04:24 PM