CREATINE INSCREASES DHT

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
that one study needs to be duplicated. it seems that this would have been noticed before, given the massive amount of people using the stuff and the countless studies that have been done on users

MrChristianB

Awards
From my knowledge there is absolutely no correlation between increased creatine stores and increases in testosterone, and since DHT is created from testosterone it seems logical that creatine will never result in an increase in DHT.

Cheers

Christian

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
From my knowledge there is absolutely no correlation between increased creatine stores and increases in testosterone, and since DHT is created from testosterone it seems logical that creatine will never result in an increase in DHT.

Cheers

Christian
U dont need increased testosterone to have increased DHT. In fact you can have decreased testosterone and increased DHT at the same time

It all depends on the activity of 5 alpha reductase

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I feel there is some truth to this from personal experiences with creatine and hairloss at a young age... but I cannot prove anything. Plus, now that I shave my head I could care less...

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
crea-where-the-hell-is-my-hairline?!

Wow. I've been inactive on these BB forums for a long time. Patrick Arnold! You deign to associate with the peasants! You're like some kind of G-d! Did you go to prison at some point and now you're doing court-ordered community service or something?

I did the superloading phase (creatine loading?) a few times but only in the beginning. More of a 5g a dayer. I'm wondering if its the amino acid nature of the beast... like with certain aminos having drug-like effects, even dangerously strong effects, when tinkered with as bulk powders (insulin response for me...). Could there be something in the creatine which hits primal triggers in some kind of cell that effects this 5a reductathingamawhatzit?

I think I'd like to try experimenting with the creatine loading phase dosages just to try to feel out what my own danged DHT feels like!

MrChristianB

Awards
@ Patrick Arnold: Good point, going back to my earlier comment I'd like to raise the same argument and say that creatine also has nothing to do with 5-Alpha-Reductase and would still encourage all trainees to reap the benefits of creatine without worrying about changes in DHT. Have you personally ever seen studies or heard of creatine influencing hormones in any way? I am convinced it only impacts the body's energy systems and has nothing to do with the hormonal systems. That being said I am open to hear other viewpoints.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Wow. I've been inactive on these BB forums for a long time. Patrick Arnold! You deign to associate with the peasants! You're like some kind of G-d! Did you go to prison at some point and now you're doing court-ordered community service or something?
thats pretty funny

actually i get paid to host forums like this. not a tremendous amount but a good amount, considering its kind of fun to post on message boards to begin with

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
Thanks for a non-negative reaction. You seem pretty cool. Back in the old days I witnessed a company owner/head who started up posting in the forums when the SHTF kind of story was unfolding, from his company. One of my little theories of one of his products (not a PS/PH or DS) was that it may have had a direct effect on something in the brain... rather than the secondary mental effects of it's intended action. He admitted to it, so I thought that was cool, too. Really, no sleight against you, just tongue-in-cheek on shadiness. I still have AMP pills that need to be used! Really enjoy the mental effects.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
u gotta be freakin kiddin me. im still sheddin and been off anabolics for awhile but been creatine for the past few months. everytime i take a shower, so much hair is left in the tub. guess im gonna hav to get off crea :(

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
It was an interesting study done on adolescence... I am curious if the same effect would be seen in the general adult population who are not going through puberty still. Would like to see this study duplicated in some fashion..though I guess this is not where the money is.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
u gotta be freakin kiddin me. im still sheddin and been off anabolics for awhile but been creatine for the past few months. everytime i take a shower, so much hair is left in the tub. guess im gonna hav to get off crea :(
Don't make the fundamental attribution error: Correlation is not causation.

I started cooking my eggs with butter again and not Pam, and I have had extremely high libido. I could just start eating tubs of butter. Maybe it's because I live in Land O' Lakes?