Patrick Arnold ACTN3. NEED ANSWERS!

mikelance86

Awards
hey patrick, i am sure you have heard of actn3 by now. it is available now for research use as a peptide. do you feel this will really help rats become a lot more explosive in their fast twitch fibers? or is it to good to be true?

madchemist

Banned
Awards
hey patrick, i am sure you have heard of actn3 by now. it is available now for research use as a peptide. do you feel this will really help rats become a lot more explosive in their fast twitch fibers? or is it to good to be true?
Maybe I missed something, but ACTN3 is a structural protein. Supplementing with an ACTN3 peptide will not incorporate the protein within the muscle cell.

The only way to "over express" / correct the mutation / this protein would be with gene therapy (i.e. viral insertion of genetic material).

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
you beat me too it madchemist

i know about the gene, and the protein it encodes. and i know that some have used its presence, or lackthereof (due to mutation), as a predictor of athletic ability

i never heard that administering it systemically would do a damn thing though. how bout some references OP?

mikelance86

Awards
looks like the actn3 peptide was after all too good to be true