Interesting Article. Lets see some discussion.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Well damn 10 yrs will do that to ya. I wonder what he expected. I have Low T, diagnosed by a endo. I blame my PH usage several years ago. Im hoping for a bounce back but I dont see it happening since I am also getting older as well. I had no trouble having children though and i recently got snipped so I could care less about sperm. but the strength loss sucks. when i return from this rotation the endo is considering hrt

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well damn 10 yrs will do that to ya. I wonder what he expected. I have Low T, diagnosed by a endo. I blame my PH usage several years ago. Im hoping for a bounce back but I dont see it happening since I am also getting older as well. I had no trouble having children though and i recently got snipped so I could care less about sperm. but the strength loss sucks. when i return from this rotation the endo is considering hrt
it doesnt say 10 years on though. He could have taken breaks we dont know. Do you regret your PH usage?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I highly doubt that is a typical case. After 2 years he had no sperm cells. that doesn't seem to be the case for just about anyone else. Some posted tests also show test production back to normal while in this case it was still low. Granted, some never recover well. But I wouldn't say that is the norm.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it doesnt say 10 years on though. He could have taken breaks we dont know. Do you regret your PH usage?
Hard to know exactly what he did though. It wouldn't be uncommon to be on long periods for some that blast and cruise.

Was an interesting article but also a case study so can only take so much away from it. Not that I am dismissing it completely though.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
some times i do, but when i started i was a real ecto 165 lbs hated life, i got as big as 240 im older wiser, been cutting down im about 215 best shape of my life now and i would trade away the boost in confidence for the world

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
From the article:

The man's sperm was as dead as a doornail. One ml of normal semen contains 80,000 - 400,000 sperm cells. One ml semen from this bodybuilder contained no sperm cells whatsoever.
I'm a little perplexed. The average sperm count per ml is actually 60 million, with 20 million being the low end for reliable fertility.

That kind of mistake combined with the fact that that site is trying to sell something (and is making broad sweeping generalizations based on one case) makes the article less than worthwhile.

HMG would probably be beneficial for the guy in the study.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Study seems a bit off. That being said, responsible cycles and responsible breaks really are key.

OB, your words do make me think about myself. I am the same way, and it's been a long road from 150-155 to where i am now. I've gotten as high as 191, and i'm sitting comfortably at 185. I still want to get to 210 or so before i try to simply maintain at around 200. PHs are practically the only way i can keep weight on, and i do think about the future of my body specifically HPTA.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Gentlemen, I'm torn:

On one hand, you have guys like Arnold and Franco who achieved the kind of bodies we all dream of. Aside from their good genetics, spot-on nutrition, and hours in the gym they obviously had A LOT of help from Anabolics. Then, they went on to father healthy children later in life, and are still alive and healthy today.

On the other hand, we have articles like this and a plethora of these "prohormones" on the market which nobody really has any long-term information about. It's not like PH's have ever created another Arnold. From all of the before/after pics I've seen none of them look too dramatic.... are guys putting themselves in great danger for minimal gains? What will we find out about these 10 years from now??

Can't we all just get on Franco and Arnold's program? ;)

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Gentlemen, I'm torn:

On one hand, you have guys like Arnold and Franco who achieved the kind of bodies we all dream of. Aside from their good genetics, spot-on nutrition, and hours in the gym they obviously had A LOT of help from Anabolics. ;)
i wouldnt say a lot, but they had them for sure

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i will note i had 2 children without issue or worry, even with measured low T via blood work. I had no issues. Heck I think my son was concieved on a cycle of M1T back in the day 2004 timeframe. he was also 10lbs at birth early lol