Topical DHEA Question

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Topical DHEA Question


    In regards to topical DHEA products like Dermacrine and Transaderm, when one applies a product like the aforementioned to the chest/abs is there really a higher conversion rate to estrogen? I've read this in a few places and was unsure of the validity. I understand that the products are intended to be applied to the shoulder/upper back mainly but both products, if I am not mistaken, have an application area on the bottle that covers the chest.

    Thanks.


  2. hmm, good question.

    i wouldn't think so though
    •   
       


  3. IMO no......and if there was it would be negligible.
    E-Pharm / Prototype Nutrition Representative

  4. I read somewhere the abdomen are is “highest conversion rate” but i`m not sure

  5. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    In regards to topical DHEA products like Dermacrine and Transaderm, when one applies a product like the aforementioned to the chest/abs is there really a higher conversion rate to estrogen? I've read this in a few places and was unsure of the validity. I understand that the products are intended to be applied to the shoulder/upper back mainly but both products, if I am not mistaken, have an application area on the bottle that covers the chest.

    Thanks.

    there is more aromatase in breast area than other areas of course. But other than that, I dunno if i can definitively answer this question
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    In regards to topical DHEA products like Dermacrine and Transaderm, when one applies a product like the aforementioned to the chest/abs is there really a higher conversion rate to estrogen? I've read this in a few places and was unsure of the validity. I understand that the products are intended to be applied to the shoulder/upper back mainly but both products, if I am not mistaken, have an application area on the bottle that covers the chest.

    Thanks.

    why are you using dhea anyway?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    why are you using dhea anyway?
    I haven't yet. I was looking more towards the future. I ordered a couple bottles of Transaderm the other day when it was on sale. I figured they'd be useful when (and if) I begin cycling. However, I'm still a few years off of that.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    I haven't yet. I was looking more towards the future. I ordered a couple bottles of Transaderm the other day when it was on sale. I figured they'd be useful when (and if) I begin cycling. However, I'm still a few years off of that.

    I think the 7-oxygenated dhea metabolites are great stuff. I dont understand why anyone would wanna mess with dhea itself though, given the fact that it can yield estrogen related sides
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    I think the 7-oxygenated dhea metabolites are great stuff. I dont understand why anyone would wanna mess with dhea itself though, given the fact that it can yield estrogen related sides
    I'll look into those. 7-oxo, yeah? I figured dhea was good stuff considering the wealth of dermacrine/transaderma users out there. I'll do some more research on it though before I come to a conclusion. I am considering purchasing that Ursobolic you're company has out though. I'm just waiting on some more feedback to come in.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    I think the 7-oxygenated dhea metabolites are great stuff. I dont understand why anyone would wanna mess with dhea itself though, given the fact that it can yield estrogen related sides
    Would natural anti-estrogens combat this?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by holmes215 View Post
    Would natural anti-estrogens combat this?
    Good question, I planned on stacking Transderm with Formestane or Androhard. I really liked Dermacrine, never tried 7oxo.....I'll have to look into it.
    Core Nutritionals Representative

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    why are you using dhea anyway?
    epistane gives me joint pain. oral dhea stops it completely.do u think this is from the estrogen conversion or something else? it isn't aggravating my gyno, yet.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    I'll look into those. 7-oxo, yeah? I figured dhea was good stuff considering the wealth of dermacrine/transaderma users out there. I'll do some more research on it though before I come to a conclusion. I am considering purchasing that Ursobolic you're company has out though. I'm just waiting on some more feedback to come in.
    there are many active 7-oxygenated dhea metabolites. 7-keto dhea, beta-AET, 7-hydroxy dhea are all currently sold as supps. There are others too, that as far as i know are not yet sold as supps. They all possess (to varying degrees) the thermogenic, immunostimulant, and anti-catabolic activities of DHEA without any of the sex hormone related concerns
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  14. Quote Originally Posted by holmes215 View Post
    Would natural anti-estrogens combat this?
    SERMs might, but AIs probably not so much. That is cuz most of DHEAs estrogenic potential is manifested through the metabolite 5-androstenediol, which is an non aromatic estrogenic substance. Blocking aromatase will do nothing to prevent its build up
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  15. Quote Originally Posted by rebelhead View Post
    epistane gives me joint pain. oral dhea stops it completely.do u think this is from the estrogen conversion or something else? it isn't aggravating my gyno, yet.

    the theory on estrogen depletion being responsible for joint pain is IMO very weak. I just cant buy it
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  16. Doesn't dhea help with body comp via having more test conversion via starting off higher on the hormonal cascade. I know this would lead to higher estrogen as well too but if all your ducks were
    In a row wouldn't it partition more to testosterone? If not wouldn't dhea be a very bad supp to take for most young athletes with normal hormonal levels?
    RecoverBro ELITE

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Doesn't dhea help with body comp via having more test conversion via starting off higher on the hormonal cascade. I know this would lead to higher estrogen as well too but if all your ducks were
    In a row wouldn't it partition more to testosterone? If not wouldn't dhea be a very bad supp to take for most young athletes with normal hormonal levels?
    the research on dhea shows that it does not elevate testosterone effectively, even at quite high dosages.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    the research on dhea shows that it does not elevate testosterone effectively, even at quite high dosages.
    the key enzymatic step - 3b-HSD 5,4 isomerase - just seems to be too tightly regulated to allow much conversion to take place
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    the key enzymatic step - 3b-HSD 5,4 isomerase - just seems to be too tightly regulated to allow much conversion to take place
    J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999 Jun;84(6):2170-6.
    Biotransformation of oral dehydroepiandrosterone in elderly men: significant increase in circulating estrogens.
    Arlt W, Haas J, Callies F, Reincke M, Hübler D, Oettel M, Ernst M, Schulte HM, Allolio B.
    Source
    Department of Endocrinology, Medical University Hospital Wuerzburg, Germany.
    Abstract
    The most abundant human steroids, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and its sulfate ester DHEAS, may have a multitude of beneficial effects, but decline with age. DHEA possibly prevents immunosenescence, and as a neuroactive steroid it may influence processes of cognition and memory. Epidemiological studies revealed an inverse correlation between DHEAS levels and the incidence of cardiovascular disease in men, but not in women. To define a suitable dose for DHEA substitution in elderly men we studied pharmacokinetics and biotransformation of orally administered DHEA in 14 healthy male volunteers (mean age, 58.8 +/- 5.1 yr; mean body mass index, 25.5 +/- 1.5 kg/m2) with serum DHEAS concentrations below 4.1 micromol/L (1500 ng/mL). Diurnal blood sampling was performed on 3 occasions in a single dose, randomized, cross-over design (oral administration of placebo, 50 mg DHEA, or 100 mg DHEA). The intake of 50 mg DHEA led to an increase in serum DHEAS to mean levels of young adult men, whereas 100 mg DHEA induced supraphysiological concentrations [placebo vs. 50 mg DHEA vs. 100 mg DHEA; area under the curve (AUC) 0-12 h (mean +/- SD) for DHEA, 108 +/- 22 vs. 252 +/- 45 vs. 349 +/- 72 nmol/L x h; AUC 0-12 h for DHEAS, 33 +/- 9 vs. 114 +/- 19 vs. 164 +/- 36 micromol/L x h]. Serum testosterone and dihydrotestosterone remained unchanged after DHEA administration. In contrast, 17beta-estradiol and estrone significantly increased in a dose-dependent manner to concentrations still within the upper normal range for men [placebo vs. 50 mg DHEA vs. 100 mg DHEA; AUC 0-12 h for 17beta-estradiol, 510 +/- 198 vs. 635 +/- 156 vs. 700 +/- 209 pmol/L x h (P < 0.0001); AUC 0-12 h for estrone, 1443 +/- 269 vs. 2537 +/- 434 vs. 3254 +/- 671 pmol/L x h (P < 0.0001)]. In conclusion, 50 mg DHEA seems to be a suitable substitution dose in elderly men, as it leads to serum DHEAS concentrations usually measured in young healthy adults. The DHEA-induced increase in circulating estrogens may contribute to beneficial effects of DHEA in men.

    PMID: 10372727 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Free full text
    Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances
    Looks like its much better at increasing estrogen than testosterone

  20. So what's the deal then with the transdermal DHEA products everyone seems to rave about (dermacrine and RS-transaderm) ?

    It seems like ppl are experiencing real world effects, but the logic in this thread would suggest it's not likely..

  21. Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    Looks like its much better at increasing estrogen than testosterone

    It seems very strange to me that it would increase estrogens without increasing testosterone. that is because it really has to go through testosterone (or adione) to get to estrone or estradiol. Maybe DHEA is upregulating aromatase expression? Anyway, it just doesnt seem like a good idea to mess with dhea if you are a dude.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold

    the theory on estrogen depletion being responsible for joint pain is IMO very weak. I just cant buy it
    Why do ai's cause some peoples joints to hurt in your opinion I always thought it was estrogen related. Because the opposite is true when I'm on something like say bold.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  23. Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    So what's the deal then with the transdermal DHEA products everyone seems to rave about (dermacrine and RS-transaderm) ?

    It seems like ppl are experiencing real world effects, but the logic in this thread would suggest it's not likely..

    these products contain other ingredients, no?
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    these products contain other ingredients, no?
    7,8 Benzoflavone (36mg), Resveratrol (36mg), Pregnenolone (18mg), and Chrysin (9mg) are also included. Would these ingredients counter any negative effects of DHEA?

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold

    these products contain other ingredients, no?

    Active Ingredients:

    Active ingredients per 5 pumps

    DHEA ? 72mg
    7,8-Benzoflavone (99%) ? 36mg
    Resveratrol (99%) ? 36mg
    Pregnenolone - 18mg
    Chrysin (99%) ? 9mg
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  26. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254

    7,8 Benzoflavone (36mg), Resveratrol (36mg), Pregnenolone (18mg), and Chrysin (9mg) are also included. Would these ingredients counter any negative effects of DHEA?
    Beat me to it.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE

  27. Very intriguing. I will be running a log on RS transaderm. I hope I don't turn into a girl. Lol.

    Might this be a good supp to run along something suppressive though? Like as a base? Bring something good on the lower end of the hormone cascade and replenish top end at the dhea level to keep hormones up? Though I read that dhea will keep libido up, and libido is primarily estrogen related... Meh I'm no endocrinologist
    RecoverBro ELITE

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    why are you using dhea anyway?
    ha this has been my sentiments exactly regarding all these DHEA products...

    4-DHEA, 1-DHEA, those are different... but come on.... whos out there really buying up DHEA at 50-60 bucks a bottle when you can get grams of the stuff in powder for a few dollars and it will still be just as pointless unless your in a severely deficient hormonal state.... in that case you should be on TRT anyways.

  29. you want a test base then get test or a directly converting prohormone to test.... DHEA is not that and has so many other metabolites and down stream effects that cant be fully mitigated by other "checks and balances" to be worth while.

    Look into a few of the products out now containing 4-AD(hea) or get some real test.

  30. this is a very interesting topic. Sourdough you ask "who's really out there buying up DHEA anyway" and the answer is tons of ppl swear buy such DHEA products.

    I know ppl who train and ran dermacrine who definitely achieved tighter/denser muscle mass (albeit not drastic but seemingly real effects) and reported hightened sense of well being. I know without bloodwork such a experience is hard to quantify, but still... Makes one wonder where this suggested increase of male hormone came from if DHEA really isn't for guys as is suggested.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Solid read on Topical/Transdermal DHEA
    By andrew732 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
  2. Rosie's Review of the 7-keto DHEA Topical
    By Rosie Chee in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 12:09 AM
  3. Oral vs SL vs Topical Preg/DHEA and shutdown.
    By taidan in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 04:33 PM
  4. topical 7-keto-dhea...
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 01:59 AM
  5. Topical ZMA (magnesium in particular) to raise DHEA naturaly
    By Gutterpump in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Log in
Log in