TRT Thoughts / Alternatives

thunder31

Awards
I've been on TRT for over 6 yrs. My endo in Jan took me off because of high hemocrit & hemoglobin levels. Is there a alternative? I asked about going back on & he stated we'll test again in june & maybe then. He also told me i might just have to live with low test levels.

I'm not looking for doctor advice but I'm looking for thoughts.

Thank you.

PS im going to post this in the other section for older male but I know Dana give very solid advice.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how low is low?

my test falls into the double digits when i am off trt, if i were in the 300+ range i guess i could live with it, not like it, but live with it if i had to.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To just drop TRT is not only a poorly thought out idea, but can be a dangerous one. It would have been better to lower doses and continue testing to see if results came into the levels expected. If they didn't then a plan to come off should have been put in place and looking into Clomid should have been explored.

This being said, you also posted in the other thread about your doc having you on 350mg and 450mg a week shots. The guy should be shut down and run out of the medical field for giving you cycle level doses and then when sides popped up, making you quit all together.

thunder31

Awards
how low is low?

my test falls into the double digits when i am off trt, if i were in the 300+ range i guess i could live with it, not like it, but live with it if i had to.
Last time they took me off it fell to 17. 6 yrs ago I was in the 300 range & I'd hate to see how bad i'm shut down being on test for 6 straight yrs.

thunder31

Awards
To just drop TRT is not only a poorly thought out idea, but can be a dangerous one. It would have been better to lower doses and continue testing to see if results came into the levels expected. If they didn't then a plan to come off should have been put in place and looking into Clomid should have been explored.

This being said, you also posted in the other thread about your doc having you on 350mg and 450mg a week shots. The guy should be shut down and run out of the medical field for giving you cycle level doses and then when sides popped up, making you quit all together.
When all this started 6 yrs ago or so he tried clomid & I was getting such bad headaches they had to stop the clomid. I did blood pool test & thet did some testing on my pituatary(sp) gland to see if it was functioning. This is a transdermal (testim) so I don't know if the dosages are different then injections.