Nicotine for fatloss

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc
    Ill add drops to a topical. Ill have to find then again but it'll act locally not systematic

But I used nicotine as an AI.
    yeah i have seen that data, in baboons if i remember correctly but at a higher dose than suggested here

prolly other in vitro stuff as well that i havnt bothered to look at

2. This idea has been around for awhile. Lol Ive used the gum back in the day and could not imagine getting addicted to the nasty stuff. ha. Like the article says if you never smoked start light. Ive never smoked andthe gum had me lit the 1st few times.
    •   

3. There's actually a published study in humans using caffeine and gum. Worth a read through. With 200mg caffiene/2mg gum (around that dose) increased thermogenesis response to almost 10%.

Interesting.
    http://m.ajcn.nutrition.org/content/77/6/1442.short

I use the gum off and on. Never smoked, don't ever get addictive cravings for it. There's an article on T-nation about it too.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

4. nicotine withdrawal is pretty easy to get over. it's slightly more uncomfortable than quitting caffeine after high dosing for a long time. i think the risks of becoming hooked are significantly lower with gum than cigs. there is something extra going on with cigarette addiction... maybe the social aspect, oral fixation, extra chemicals, or a combination of those.

so if it actually does provide fat burning benefits it might be worth it. i think it's important to note that it could increase your risk of pancreatic cancer. snus, a swedish steam pasteurized tobacco product, is supposed to be a healthy alternative to cigs and dip without the added cancer risks. although, it still does slightly increase the chances of pancreatic cancer. i don't know if the cause is the nicotine or other chemicals in the product. i'm guessing it's the nicotine because of nicotine's effect on insulin production.

5. Quote Originally Posted by icecold9487 View Post
    nicotine withdrawal is pretty easy to get over. it's slightly more uncomfortable than quitting caffeine after high dosing for a long time. i think the risks of becoming hooked are significantly lower with gum than cigs. there is something extra going on with cigarette addiction... maybe the social aspect, oral fixation, extra chemicals, or a combination of those.

so if it actually does provide fat burning benefits it might be worth it. i think it's important to note that it could increase your risk of pancreatic cancer. snus, a swedish steam pasteurized tobacco product, is supposed to be a healthy alternative to cigs and dip without the added cancer risks. although, it still does slightly increase the chances of pancreatic cancer. i don't know if the cause is the nicotine or other chemicals in the product. i'm guessing it's the nicotine because of nicotine's effect on insulin production.
    you are correct...the nicotine addiction is way overrated, it's the other hundred plus chemicals in cigarettes that are far worse for addiction than the nicotine

the biggest problem ppl have are they think nicotine and automatically think cigarettes......there are many other forms of just nicotine which i've heard is about as harmful as a cup of coffee

as an ex-smoker or smoker depending on how you want to judge me i can say if i was hungry....a cigarette got rid of the craving for a time being so when i read the article i posted it did make sense to me...nicotine being a mild stimulant....it's been 5 months without a cigarette however
    Mind and Muscle Rep, mindandmuscle.com
    Selling APS, LG, Liquid Labs, Iforce, ALRI, and HI Tech products
    use code: bktee at checkout for a free t-shirt
    •   

6. Ive used nicotine gum during this winter. I have long drive to work and I have to wake up really early, and the idea was to reduce caffeine based stimulant use. I have noticed reduced appetite, slight energy boost and a slight nootropic effect. I have never smoked and haven`t noticed any withdrawal symptons when I am not using gum.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone use Hordiene for fatloss?
    By John Smeton in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 03:12 PM
  2. ALCAR Vs. PLCAR (for fatLoss with ALA)?
    By Goffio69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:57 AM
  3. Test+Tren VS GH for fatloss
    By CHAPS in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 12:20 PM
  4. Leptin for fatloss
    By mercedesdd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 05:02 PM
  5. Anti-e or AI for fatloss purposes?