Hardgainer Advice

caustingrow

Awards
I'm at the high end of ectomorph, low end of mesomorph.

27yrs old
6ft tall
155lbs +/-2

Now i'm not new to the parameters of my body type. I have a sports background and worked hard to get up to 187lbs, starting at 145lbs, and held it on for years(04-08) But I moved across the country and havent touched iron in over four years. I just started getting back into it last week, the weight lifting part. I spent a month creating the right culture in my diet. So for the past two weeks i've been putting down about 4200cals a day. My typical schedule is lifting MWF, legs Mon and Fri, upper body Wed.

The goal i've made for myself is to weigh 190lbs. I'm confident in my diet but not in my supplementation. I worked at a Vitamin store for a long time and used to be up to date on everything but now i'm slightly lost wading through all the bull s***.

Typical lifting day

7am 1scoop Dymatize iso-100
2cups oats.
1cup of coffee

915am-920am
lift for 45-50mins
right now I keep it very simple til i regain strength and edurance.

squat, deadlift, 3-5 sets, 8-10reps all at a fast but controlled pace. calf raises, kneeling squats supersetted 5sets, 15-20reps.

1015am 1serving myozene

go to work

11am 2cups rice
4-6oz chicken(breast, thigh)
1.5cups salad(butter lettuce, shredded carrots, red cabbage, tomatos and cucumbers,
6oz greek yogurt
1cup random fruit

1pm same thing-no yogurt

4pm same thing-w/yogurt

730pm similar but substitute carb for pasta, ravioli, potato, etc and sometime protein for steak, pork chop etc

10pm same thing then bed.

also i drink 4-6 fills of a 32oz nalgene.

usually ill still be hungry after one of those meals so ill buy a muscle milk and drink it. i use to workout fasted when i was younger but because of my metabolism i would be super tired about two hours later. whereas now i go straight to work so i need sustained energy. i like working out in the morning so i can eat all day afterwards. so far with that diet i havent gained any weight ive actually lost a couple pounds. i know it will take time to get my rhythm back but i wanna make sure i maximize my efforts. im looking for supplement and literature recommendations.

thank you!

-_CA

grandroid828

Awards
I'm at the high end of ectomorph, low end of mesomorph.

27yrs old
6ft tall
155lbs +/-2

Now i'm not new to the parameters of my body type. I have a sports background and worked hard to get up to 187lbs, starting at 145lbs, and held it on for years(04-08) But I moved across the country and havent touched iron in over four years. I just started getting back into it last week, the weight lifting part. I spent a month creating the right culture in my diet. So for the past two weeks i've been putting down about 4200cals a day. My typical schedule is lifting MWF, legs Mon and Fri, upper body Wed.

The goal i've made for myself is to weigh 190lbs. I'm confident in my diet but not in my supplementation. I worked at a Vitamin store for a long time and used to be up to date on everything but now i'm slightly lost wading through all the bull s***.

Typical lifting day

7am 1scoop Dymatize iso-100
2cups oats.
1cup of coffee

915am-920am
lift for 45-50mins
right now I keep it very simple til i regain strength and edurance.

squat, deadlift, 3-5 sets, 8-10reps all at a fast but controlled pace. calf raises, kneeling squats supersetted 5sets, 15-20reps.

1015am 1serving myozene

go to work

11am 2cups rice
4-6oz chicken(breast, thigh)
1.5cups salad(butter lettuce, shredded carrots, red cabbage, tomatos and cucumbers,
6oz greek yogurt
1cup random fruit

1pm same thing-no yogurt

4pm same thing-w/yogurt

730pm similar but substitute carb for pasta, ravioli, potato, etc and sometime protein for steak, pork chop etc

10pm same thing then bed.

also i drink 4-6 fills of a 32oz nalgene.

usually ill still be hungry after one of those meals so ill buy a muscle milk and drink it. i use to workout fasted when i was younger but because of my metabolism i would be super tired about two hours later. whereas now i go straight to work so i need sustained energy. i like working out in the morning so i can eat all day afterwards. so far with that diet i havent gained any weight ive actually lost a couple pounds. i know it will take time to get my rhythm back but i wanna make sure i maximize my efforts. im looking for supplement and literature recommendations.

thank you!

-_CA
Good enough diet and all. Supplements, basically, just whey post workout, weight gainer before bed (deff a good trick from one hardgainer to another), and micronized creatine monohydrate. Dont buy into the creatine hcl or con cret or creatine magnapower or kre alkalyn bs. Just. Keep. It. Simple. And unless ur lookong into anabolics, thats all u need. Honestly. U can take tons more. But that is all thats gonna make a legitimate difference.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very nice Grand . Cant go wrong with creatine, protein and a weight gainer before bed! Simple is the best thing to do btw, no need to buy anything, such as aminos etc, as long as your EATING! Just eat, and eat a lot. And youll be good.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
continue with 4200. if you'll put on a tad bit of fat but if you wanna gain weight you'll have to accept that. I used to eat big for a few weeks and then I'd get tired if it for a few weeks and went back and forth. plow that food man. long as its healthy, I'll eat as much of it as i can. even things like salad dressing, peanut butter, or whole milk can do the trick if you're slacking in getting in fats