Niacin and GH experience.

B

Bizzle123

Awards
Just wondering if anyone has tried taking Niacin at 1-3g 2hours pre workout to increase exercise induced GH release?

If you have can you please post your experience's.

I am currently taking 2g of Niacin 2 hours pre workout. Some days I dont notice any tingles/red skin but others I get that is a major side effect. Interesting to note that I get much more or a reaction after I take the 2 grams and then drink about 400ml of Grape fruit juice.

As for body composition/performance effects I cant say I have noticed anything after a week.

K

keyser

Awards
I've tried asking Dans this before with no luck. I haven't seen any studies really showing GH does anything for muscles. It causes bloating, faster healing of tenonds etc., maybe fat loss.. but nothing I´ve read suggests it's good for muscle mass so I was surprised Dana likes niacine pre-workout.

D

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
This is an interesting offering;

first...I am uncertain what is understood as being a GH-effect you would see body comp wise in 1 week or at all per se.

next...I have posted studies supporting my rationale for pre-workout and full-day GH optimization.

I think there is some confusion in why people are boosting GH anyway - a belief created, unfortunately, by industry.

D_

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Just wondering if anyone has tried taking Niacin at 1-3g 2hours pre workout to increase exercise induced GH release?
no
Interesting to note that I get much more or a reaction after I take the 2 grams and then drink about 400ml of Grape fruit juice.
not really surprising..
grapefruit/gf juice is an inhibitor of the p450 enzyme, and has a great many interactions with medications and supplements as well.
the 'hot' thing for yrs has been to use this to 'enhance' effects of PH/DS..
As for body composition/performance effects I cant say I have noticed anything after a week.
um, again not surprising. :)
and, on a sidenote - even injecting real hgh will not produce any visual aid effects for a very long time, like months of continuous use..
and it certainly won't help in building muscle.

K

keyser

Awards
Well said
Can you explain to me what the industry says GH does and what it does in fact do? I´ve done some research and it's impossible to know what's fact and what's fiction with HGH. From my googling it seems to cause bloating, increase the likelyhood of getting arthritis. Can possibly decrease muscle breakdown and speed tendon growth. Can't seem to find anything about it causing muscle growth or having any anti-aging properties. Hence I´m very curious why Dana likes Niacin pre-workout.

2skinny

2skinny

Awards
If I am doing things to boost my GH, for example dosing Niacin, gaba and arginine as Dr D suggests, can I expect to see extra noticeable healing benefits to my joints for ailments such as tendonitis?

DreadedVVolf

DreadedVVolf

Awards
I take 500mg - 1 g pre workout and love the effects. Helps with breathing and getting warmed up. I can imagine your blood flow being improved COULD have a good effect on hormones by nature, same way vaso diolaters help with it. I'd try to take the niacin with a good pump agent and not a bunch of caffine.

S

sisi1887

Awards
I took 500 mg and holy crap lol huge flush. My face turned bright red, people were wondering if I was okay or not. I can't imagine taking more lol is it something your body will get use to?

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
Can you explain to me what the industry says GH does and what it does in fact do? I´ve done some research and it's impossible to know what's fact and what's fiction with HGH. From my googling it seems to cause bloating, increase the likelyhood of getting arthritis. Can possibly decrease muscle breakdown and speed tendon growth. Can't seem to find anything about it causing muscle growth or having any anti-aging properties. Hence I´m very curious why Dana likes Niacin pre-workout.
Yeah can someone explain this?

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Can you explain to me what the industry says GH does and what it does in fact do? I´ve done some research and it's impossible to know what's fact and what's fiction with HGH.
here is a clue:
you are talking about two very different things here :)

K

keyser

Awards
here is a clue:
you are talking about two very different things here :)
The clue sucks:nervous: :) I can't find any studieas showing GH does anything great for body composition or anti-aging. If id did athletes with agromegaly would be amazing, but they just have an odd head and oare often very slow with bad joints.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The clue sucks:nervous: :) I can't find any studieas showing GH does anything great for body composition or anti-aging. If id did athletes with agromegaly would be amazing, but they just have an odd head and oare often very slow with bad joints.
It can positively affect body composition, but really with respect to fat loss

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
It can positively affect body composition, but really with respect to fat loss
depends on what you consider positive
enlarged heart/organ & bone/plate growth from hgh do not go in category "positive" for me

K

keyser

Awards
The article states tha HGH is anabolic for muscle, causes muscle hyperplasia and can increase strength. I´ve read no study showing it's anabolic for muscle and no study showing it causes hyperplasia for adults, and I´ve seen Patrick Arnold write the same. I´ve read a study that showed increase muscle mass with HGH, but no strength increase. To me that just sounds like bloating.
Again if HGH had any of the positives claimed, wouldn't athletes like Bigfoot Silva, Nicolai Valuev and "Big Show" all be extremely lean, muscular and have baby looking skin? I´m also purely guessing that these people should get the best of HGH since it's produced by their own pituary in the natural pulses it's suppose to. If they have anything in common as far as physique goes it's non of the advertised positives. The only thing they seem to have from the norm is acgromegaly and those that got it young also are tall. A lot of people with gigantism seem to suffer from very bad joints. Now that could be from the height and weight.. or also because HGH isn't good for joints?
I bet if athletes had 4 testicles producing double the testosterone, they'd have obvious symptoms of the positives it can have.

S

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
The article states tha HGH is anabolic for muscle, causes muscle hyperplasia and can increase strength. I´ve read no study showing it's anabolic for muscle and no study showing it causes hyperplasia for adults, and I´ve seen Patrick Arnold write the same. I´ve read a study that showed increase muscle mass with HGH, but no strength increase. To me that just sounds like bloating.
Again if HGH had any of the positives claimed, wouldn't athletes like Bigfoot Silva, Nicolai Valuev and "Big Show" all be extremely lean, muscular and have baby looking skin?
for the proper dosing of somatropin, yes i will agree with both PA and coop
hgh will not aid in actual muscle fiber growth, but will have some nice conjunctive effects with testosterone-dosing as a concurrent adjunct

as for hyperplasia - well here i will disagree, in the context of hgh overdosing
very firm in my belief that too much/too extended time of use may induce such growth patterns

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
Ive been dosing GABA 2-3 grams preWO for about 2 months and honestly i haven't noticed much at all. In the past i have gone up to 9-15 grams preWO and still nothing besides the usual itching, racing heart and flushing.

Can somebody please link me to Dr. Dana recommended supplements?

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
Dr. What is your say on regular Niacin being hepatoxic at high doses of 1-2+ grams? I have read numerous articles stating this.

Also what changes have you noticed on yourself and/or clients by taking 2 grams of Niacin over a period of time?

Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Supplements 13
kabxr_XRXR Supplements 1
E Supplements 2
EpiStrong Nutrition / Health 0
C Supplements 10