Pre workout supplement ideas?

STEGODYT

Awards
I was on 'JACK3D' but after around 5 times of using it, it stopped giving me that intense pre workout buzz and I yet I still suffered from a terrible crash all day after using it.

I was looking for any supplements that give more positive effects ?

Any help is appreciated.

(p.s yes, I did try staying off jack3d for a few weeks but nothing changed)

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Your adrenal gland is likely jack3d from what it sounds like. There may be a pund there.

Have you taken any steps to ensure your adrenal gland can gain appropriate recovery?

D_

STEGODYT

Awards
Your adrenal gland is likely jack3d from what it sounds like. There may be a pund there.

Have you taken any steps to ensure your adrenal gland can gain appropriate recovery?

D_
firstly, i havent taken the steps to ensure that its not.... and loved the joke!
also, dont know what that gland is or what its function is? are you able to enlighten me buddy?

LiftT

LiftT

Awards
Just try taking a new pwo like DS Craze.

STEGODYT

Awards
Just try taking a new pwo like DS Craze.
I appreciate the help, however I'm unsure if there's something a little more technical than just taking another. I tried NOXPLODE and got a limited effect also.

Was hoping there would be a reason or even better; A solution like taking a certain one that would work for me. It's wishfull thinking but ive seen a lot of good advice on here but it may be down to what u said. Trial and error

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
google 'adrenal fatigue'. ill let the doctor explain it more scientifically, but if i remember correctly, basically your adrenal glands can get fatigued when stressed too hard and for too long (could be emotional/everyday stress, or stress from stimulants like those in jacked, amongst other things). this can cause that sluggish 'crashed' feeling and when we just keep putting more and more into our bodies, our adrenals never really have time to rest and just become more and more fatigued. i THINK that this fatigue acts kind of like a 'tolerance' to things like caffeine and stimulants, and we need more and more to get that desired feeling.

problem is, it can take a while for them to 'reset' after putting them through so much stress (i remember researching it fairly extensively after noticing symptoms during exams and while taking max doses of PWO's last year, but have forgotten many of the details, haha).

long story short, DONT start taking craze or anything more 'potent' if you want your adrenals to rest and start functioning properly again. best thing to do is cut out pre-workouts AND ALL stimulants (aside from an occasional soda or something, just no preworkouts, caffeine pills, etc) for a while. i cant say exactly how long, but i went about 6 weeks or more, and once i went back to taking pre-workouts, i was using only a fraction of what i used before. it was hard, and at first i wondered how i was ever able to workout without that 'boost', but after a week or two i started coming around and having more natural energy in the gym. now i only use PWO's a couple times a week or when i'm especially tired, just give it some time.

re: jacked, im pretty sure its the 1,3 dimethylamylamine (sp??) that gives you that 'crash'. i got the same thing when on it, even after not taking PWO's for a while (figure it wasnt my adrenals), as well as when i took 1mr and others containing 1,3. honestly, i have absolutely no scientific or medical basis for saying this, but personally, i like to stay away from the stuff, but thats a whole different story for a whole different convo.

LiftT

LiftT

Awards
google 'adrenal fatigue'. ill let the doctor explain it more scientifically, but if i remember correctly, basically your adrenal glands can get fatigued when stressed too hard and for too long (could be emotional/everyday stress, or stress from stimulants like those in jacked, amongst other things). this can cause that sluggish 'crashed' feeling and when we just keep putting more and more into our bodies, our adrenals never really have time to rest and just become more and more fatigued. i THINK that this fatigue acts kind of like a 'tolerance' to things like caffeine and stimulants, and we need more and more to get that desired feeling.

problem is, it can take a while for them to 'reset' after putting them through so much stress (i remember researching it fairly extensively after noticing symptoms during exams and while taking max doses of PWO's last year, but have forgotten many of the details, haha).

long story short, DONT start taking craze or anything more 'potent' if you want your adrenals to rest and start functioning properly again. best thing to do is cut out pre-workouts AND ALL stimulants (aside from an occasional soda or something, just no preworkouts, caffeine pills, etc) for a while. i cant say exactly how long, but i went about 6 weeks or more, and once i went back to taking pre-workouts, i was using only a fraction of what i used before. it was hard, and at first i wondered how i was ever able to workout without that 'boost', but after a week or two i started coming around and having more natural energy in the gym. now i only use PWO's a couple times a week or when i'm especially tired, just give it some time.

re: jacked, im pretty sure its the 1,3 dimethylamylamine (sp??) that gives you that 'crash'. i got the same thing when on it, even after not taking PWO's for a while (figure it wasnt my adrenals), as well as when i took 1mr and others containing 1,3. honestly, i have absolutely no scientific or medical basis for saying this, but personally, i like to stay away from the stuff, but thats a whole different story for a whole different convo.
This is some good info. I think he solved your problem.

Riskyb

Awards
I stick more to non stimulant Pre-workout drinks, unless I'm dying before I hit gym. It's not worth it, considering consequences.
Right now I'm just using gaspari Pre- w/o with 1g Agmatine and 600 of Citrulline. Works great for pumps...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There are many threads on the topic. This was actually one of the first questions I asked my professors, just to see whether they were up to date with present-day literature, and even they knew that adrenal fatigue is not what society makes it out to be. It's quite literally a quack's excuse for fatigue from stimulant withdrawal, poor diet/exercise habits, or an overall unbalanced/unhealthy way of life.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where does stim tolerance fit into that equation Coop?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are many threads on the topic. This was actually one of the first questions I asked my professors, just to see whether they were up to date with present-day literature, and even they knew that adrenal fatigue is not what society makes it out to be. It's quite literally a quack's excuse for fatigue from stimulant withdrawal, poor diet/exercise habits, or an overall unbalanced/unhealthy way of life.
This makes me feel better about the pots of coffee i drink and stims I take. Thanks Coop!

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Superpump Max... No crash... Don't feel like on crack... Good pumps...

JD