Bcaa & cla

jdark

Awards
Hey

Just needed a bit of guidance please guys.

I've just bought some BCAA's and CLA and a little confused about the times they should be taken. I was following 'bob Parkers routine'. Some Aid to body fat reduction and muscle promotion.

I know BCAAs should be taken pre & post workout. Is it okay to still take my post whey?

And when should I be taking CLA? Because I recently read a post about how fats and fibres shouldn't be combined

Appreciate your responses in advance

Cheers

ka0tik

Awards
i take bcaas after workout and before bed. and i take cla breakfast, lunch, dinner
I have always only taken it preworkout or between meals if there is a significant gap while cutting.
whats your reasoning behind taking it post workout vs standard protein powder post? also why BCAA's before bed as opposed to protein?
BCAA's are a lil pricey if added to a daily regiment, I try to use them sparingly. How many grams do you take at a time? I generally do about a 10g dose of an 8:1:1 leucine ratio.

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I maintain that for maximum muscle protein synthesis; leucine (alone) should constitute 25% of your total amino acid pool. Otherwise, supplement with protein (complete) and nothing more - it is silly all this pushing of combos and frankly unnecessary.

As for CLA, I have weight-specific recommendations that some find cost-prohibitory on my fatty acid thread; posted in this very forum from a few years back. I maintain the position and sentiment on all fatty acid dosing even today.

That said, fiber can sometimes inhibit absorption of concurrently ingested macros like pertinent fats; so if it is your highest-ranked fiber-containing meal...maybe specialty fats would serve best purpose elsewhere in your diet.

D_