Distilled water.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the deal with this. I have been drinking distilled.water to avoid harmful toxins/residues entering my body. It looks like its unclear as to whether or not drinking distilled water is a healthy choice or not. Any input?

ka0tik

Awards
What is the deal with this. I have been drinking distilled.water to avoid harmful toxins/residues entering my body. It looks like its unclear as to whether or not drinking distilled water is a healthy choice or not. Any input?
always thought that distilled is bad in the sense that it is missing healthy trace minerals which causes it to strip your body of minerals. Correct me if I am wrong. Distilled water is a hypotonic solution compared to your bodies cells, mainly blood cells. Passive osmosis causes your cells to swell until an isotonic state is reached. There is a potential for cytolysis, or your cell membranes bursting, from too much osmotic pressure. Basically like a water balloon being filled up too much and bursting.

however on another note, you could be getting plenty of nutrients and salt from your meals to counteract this process.

i have always been under the impression that the "best" water comes from the oldest, cleanest springs. giving it a natural mineral content. another factor is whether the water has ever been stored in a plastic container vs a glass container which is another topic altogether if your that anal about your water.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just bought some trace minerals and am now intoducing those into my distilled water. I think thats tge best route. Hard to know which water comes from.the real springs

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The public water supply is actually tested quite meticulously unless you're living on a shale :D

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Bottled water is probably the worst source of water you can drink. Distilled water lacks the trace minerals your body needs plus lacks fluoride. If you have to add trace minerals to distilled water, why mess with distilled water? Also, distilled water is unregulated, like bottled water.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriends brother has competed ina few shows and when hes a couple weeks out from jis show his trainer has him drinking distilled water. Any idea whag that does

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriends brother has competed ina few shows and when hes a couple weeks out from jis show his trainer has him drinking distilled water. Any idea whag that does

According to Lee Labrada:
On the days leading up to the show, drinking three to four quarts of spring water is best. Do not drink distilled water and do not drink tap water. It's hard to gauge the sodium content of tap water. Distilled water will actually leech electrolytes out of your body. By leaching water out of your muscles, distilled water can make you appear flat.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I use distilled water a few days prior to competition. A gallon a day, its reeeaaal tricky though. The purpose is to be a diuretic as drinking distilled will actually make you thirstier because it seeps through your system and flushes out electrolytes. The reason its tricky is to find the balance of the right amount of electrolytes depletion without going over to leave you looking flat on stage.

As for everyday use? Dont drink it. Terrible idea.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
like smart water or something similar, or just plain jugged distilled water?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
No straight up distilled water

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I will continue to drink it. Municipal water maybe tested for organic contaminants but as far as the pharmaceutical residue, birth control residue, and glyphosates I highly doubt they test for that, or even have a way to filter such small particles out of the water. Trace minerals cost dirt cheap and i know im drinking the purest water available. The only thing I would trust drinking otherwise is pure natural spring water, where I can see it actually being bottled from the spring. Not to mention they add flouride to water which is a neurotoxin as well as a toxin to your thyroid.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Not all spring water has flouride in it, they have to mention if it is or not so look at the label

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not all spring water has flouride in it, they have to mention if it is or not so look at the label
I'm talking about municipal water. Spring water is good if you can verify the water is 100 percent spring water

FightFires

FightFires

Awards
Bottled, distilled, tap, are all bad. They are all very acidic, some lack essential vit/min etc, some include harmful substances but regardless their all acidic which is a very bad itself. Look up alkaline water, then invest in it.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bottled, distilled, tap, are all bad. They are all very acidic, some lack essential vit/min etc, some include harmful substances but regardless their all acidic which is a very bad itself. Look up alkaline water, then invest in it.
the alkaline water i have seen is very pricey. do you have any affordable resources to checkout man?

FightFires

FightFires

Awards
Cheapest I know of is about $400, I can provide you a link if you'd like.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't quite understand the concern with the acidity. Milk, coffee, and juices are likely going to be more acidic than your tap water. Maybe I'm missing something. :D

standon23

Awards
What about something like a zero water is that good? I'm confused

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Supposedly, Distilled water should not be consumed as your main source of water, particularly if you are a vegan. Probably won't result in bone loss for the rest of us, but the lack of minerals has been noted to cause problems in the vegan crowd. Naturopath friends claim that drinking down a gallon of DW once a month can help to flush the kidneys out, removing mineral salts that might be accumulating. I've never seen solid proof of any of these claims, but they kinda make sense. I drink well water taken from the base of snowy mountain..so I don't care what you drink..neener neener.

standon23

Awards
I filter tap water with a zero water, no plastic plus I get alot of electrolites so eff it

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
Jesus, the things people worry about...