Statins and 6-bromo

lmessi

Awards
Theoreticly,what kind of a damage would higher dose of 6-bromo and red yeast rice(with statins) cause on liver?

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Well...we need to examine the rationale of using Red Yeast Rice in the first place (which I think is a terrible consideration for bodybuilders btw, if not for all) rather than play hypotheticals IMO.

Now, most interventions from a standpoint of dyslipidemia are reflective of a finite period of time (i.e. - post-cycle), etc... Which I anticipate are part of your regimen give the use of 6-Bromo.

But - are statins or their potential equivalent even useful in the post-cycle period; a time when your primary consideration should be regaining control of the HPGA (if you prefer to use HPTA, so be it). Statins/RYR do NOT allow for adequate recovery of the axis at all...in fact, they are more of a detriment in regaining control of testosterone baseline and as such, they most likely should be avoided - especially in the scenario of allowing adequate recovery and time off before additional consideration of a follow-up cycle.

Now, putting RYR in the statin class (as your title of the thread suggests) is a difficult one for me given the high-level of variability in monocolin concentration seen with various preparations and I think this is usually a supply-side effect. That said - companies of the sport supplement sector that continue to promote the use of said offering are doing so in a VERY blatant disregard for your health on many levels.

An example:
http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/short/170/19/1722

So - how to approach peri-cycle dyslipidemia?

Well, my favored approach actually involves combination of the following agents: 1) Niacin, 2) O3 FAs, 3) HMB (yes, HMB), and 4) Pantothenic Acid.

D_

lmessi

Awards
Thank you DR.D i appeciate for you taking the time to answer.
My consearn raised when i read a post from you on another forum about mixing 6-bromo and RYR.
The version of RYR i was using was effective so i assumed it had statins on it.
Also many times i've used it with 6-bromo.
Guaranteed i will not use RYR anymore but i'm consearned about from mixing them in the past many times and using high doses of 6-bromo.
At what doses would you recommend those 4 agents?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 63
Anabolics 30
Anabolics 13
ozzie1987 Nutrition / Health 1
35 and Older 14