Stopping fat burners after 4 years, mentally unprepared, worried

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So tomorrow marks the scheduled Start of my 2 month stimulant free run. I have been looking forward to it, but now that it's here, I'm extremely anxious n nervous, to the point I'm losing sleep typing this n have to be up in 5 hours.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads thi whole thing and replies...

Background:
- I am 23, 5'7 160-162
- I have been maintaining this weight since last June by doing 4-5 days of cardio (3 hiit, 2 low intensity) n eating low carb.
- I have been taking two fat burners stacked for the past year, year n a half and at least one fat burner for the past 3-4 years with no breaks. Yes. No breaks, not one day. Stacks have included thyroid supps, stims, heavy caffeine, n ephedra, beta 2's, everything...
- I am stopping oxy elite (3/day) and shift (3/day)
- for my non stim run this month, I am going to take: revamp, rk500(3/day), tta500(2/day), acety l carn+cla blend (1600mg alc+2400mg cla), and abdominal cuts which is an efa blend with some fucoxanathan, lipotrophin pm (2/night)
- I am also on prometheus rising and primal male stack, anabolic pump (just finished nedd2slin), I take b complex and multi, d3, and calc+magnesium supp, and L tyrosine+Sam e+5 htp (anti depressant replacement)
- I am a recovered anorexic with severe hatred and fear of getting/being fat. My mood is valued on if I am content with my body or not. I am stopping these stims for two months bc I have been on for so long and want to try and show myself I don't need them to stay lean, I would also like to put on some mass. I'm not afraid of gaining weight, just fat.
- I'm really just not prepared to do this, but I have no stims on hand, and my gf is keeping me in check so I don't buy any and follow thru with this plan.
-I also have a one week lay off planned in mid feb once I am uses to being off the stims bc I have not taken more than 2 days off in a row in over a year from training... Probably wasn't the best plan to take a layoff while not on stims
-I'm trying to rationalize that I am still taking fat burners with the rk,tta, cla, and an cuts, plus the prom/primal stack and ap... Everything LOOKS good in theory, but I gain fat SO easy, I'm just really nervous.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dont worry too much, a lot of what you will gain back is the water from your body being dehydrated. I know where you're coming from. I've never been THAT lean, but I used to be REALLY fat. I have a fat pic in my wallet I carry around to remind me not to over eat etc. I used to take a fat burner year round as well. Justified it as my morning cup of coffee. Your "off" time stack looks good. You should stay lean. Ever though about building some muscle? Or you just rather be lean?
For me I workout so I can eat more... haha. So while I maintain lean I can eat a lot more than most people. That was my original goal. And still is my long term goal (build as much muscle as possible to stave off aging, and remain strong for as long as I can, and be able to enjoy eating a lot of food).

Regardless, if nothing I said helps you even a little, good luck friend.

:D

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Def helps, mattrag. That's what I do. I love to eat, used to be fat n never worked out. Now I eat huge n workout hard but still don't seem to gain. I'd love to be big AND lean, but when it wasn't happening, I just focused on staying lean. Now I'm kinda torn... N here we are! I just don't know how in gonna function without caffeine n those crazy pharmaceutical stimulants flowing thru my veins!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I am too like you ched...
Ur not alone man!!!

Diaries of a stim junkie... It's a sad title but hang in there bud...I'm gonna use what I got, and then I'm done with fat burners and caffiene stimulants...could be a while

ka0tik

Awards
You may have some adrenal shutdown and be very lethargic.

Some people get withdrawals from caffeine.

In the long run, your doing your body a huge favor. You can do it

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A good ginseng supp and some Reset AD will likely help you get your adrenals through the worst of the withdrawals.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
THIS!

I hate to admit it but I have been on some sort of stim for 10 years

I rarely take a day off from the stims and when I do, I sip on coffee all day.

I think my only saving grace is that I limit my intake to ONE serving in the AM to get thru my w/o and that's it!

Believe it or not, I still get a kick after all these years.

I also take Re-Set AD (Revamp) DAILY and non stop as well (for 3-4 years straight but only at ONE Cap per day).

I just cannot seem to get off the stims - I wish I had never started !!!

I'll quit "tomorrow or one of these days" (says the junkie to himself)

I would recommend ANY young bb'er to stay the heck off this crap.

Who the heck knows what this crasp is doing to me internally. I'm like the idiot addicted cigarette smoker, going outside in a blizzard to get his fix b/c he has no control. I used to see these people and think "are they retarded?!?! Cant they just quit". Joke's on ME now.

Good luck buddy - you're making a wide decision.

You may have some adrenal shutdown and be very lethargic.

Some people get withdrawals from caffeine.

In the long run, your doing your body a huge favor. You can do it
A good ginseng supp and some Reset AD will likely help you get your adrenals through the worst of the withdrawals.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
THIS!

I think my only saving grace is that I limit my intake to ONE serving in the AM to get thru my w/o and that's it!

I also take Re-Set AD (Revamp) DAILY and non stop as well (for 3-4 years straight but only at ONE Cap per day).

Who the heck knows what this crasp is doing to me internally. I'm like the idiot addicted cigarette smoker, going outside in a blizzard to get his fix b/c he has no control. I used to see these people and think "are they retarded?!?! Cant they just quit". Joke's on ME now.

Dude I lasted 3/4 of a day before the headaches n fogginess was too much.. Back on , but much lower doses.. Also using revamp and had blood work done, results tomorrow

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
I just decided to go off stims yesterday! I've only been taking them for about 5 months but I'm also nervous. I feel like my workouts wont be as intense. I am taking agmatine now though which helps a lot!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just decided to go off stims yesterday! I've only been taking them for about 5 months but I'm also nervous. I feel like my workouts wont be as intense. I am taking agmatine now though which helps a lot!
They won't be. Thats just ONE part of the addiction. Psychological! :(

Dude I lasted 3/4 of a day before the headaches n fogginess was too much.. Back on , but much lower doses.. Also using revamp and had blood work done, results tomorrow
Sorry man. I feel ya! The appetitie comes back HUGE-time for me in addition to the feeling like utter garbage

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whatever it takes buddy! Good luck! ;)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Not so much of a stim pill junkie, but if the world's coffee supplies go away due to global warming...you will all have bigger things to worry about than famine and drought because I will be a raging maniac, lol.

I sympathize with all of your withdrawal issues. I know they suck...especially the headaches.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lololol

Not so much of a stim pill junkie, but if the world's coffee supplies go away due to global warming...you will all have bigger things to worry about than famine and drought because I will be a raging maniac

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not so much of a stim pill junkie, but if the world's coffee supplies go away due to global warming...you will all have bigger things to worry about than famine and drought because I will be a raging maniac, lol.
This had me ROFL!

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I too have been on stims for about 10 years. I take some sort of stim to get me going every morning. Due to my job and school, I get 5 hrs max sleep a night and without the stims I couldn't function. I wish I hadn't started. I only take in the morning. I do however take some sort of preworkout powder before training. I definately feel like an addict. I don't drink or do any other drugs, so I guess stims are my drug of choice. Igive huge props to anyone who can get off the stim train.

QUOTE=Whacked;3221093]THIS!

Good luck buddy - you're making a wide decision.[/QUOTE]

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I too have been on stims for about 10 years. I take some sort of stim to get me going every morning. Due to my job and school, I get 5 hrs max sleep a night and without the stims I couldn't function. I wish I hadn't started. I only take in the morning. I do however take some sort of preworkout powder before training. I definately feel like an addict. I don't drink or do any other drugs, so I guess stims are my drug of choice. Igive huge props to anyone who can get off the stim train.

[/QUOTE]

1 week sober

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use to use stims everyday. Now I just use whatever im in the mood for before I train, sometimes this is nothing if im just in the zone. Also I sometimes use them if I didnt sleep well. What helped me was switching from night workouts to morning/afternoon so I could reduce my dose to just once a day. then I started using alcar on my off days instead of stims. and now I dont need them at all. I use them bc I like to not bc I need to.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nail on head brudah and I feel all ur pain

Same here

[/QUOTE]

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Smart approach!

I use to use stims everyday. Now I just use whatever im in the mood for before I train, sometimes this is nothing if im just in the zone. Also I sometimes use them if I didnt sleep well. What helped me was switching from night workouts to morning/afternoon so I could reduce my dose to just once a day. then I started using alcar on my off days instead of stims. and now I dont need them at all. I use them bc I like to not bc I need to.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
2 weeks sober actually. It gives a buzz. I'm looking for non stim pumps...

adnscmplx

Awards
Dude, I am a former fat boy and took EC for almost 2 years without stopping. I was worried about rebound weight gain etc. I just stopped, it wasn't a big deal. Nothing happened, I was fine. I didn't even regain any weight. I bet you will be the same way.

Most of that stuff doesn't work anyways. For the stuff that does, the effect is so small that you have to be pretty shredded to even notice.

The hardest part will be psychological.

If I were you, I would stop, not buy any more non-stim fat burners and use that money to hire a nutrition coach (someone who knows what PubMed is i.e. Alan Aragon, not some bro from your gym.) Your results will be much better, i promise.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Dude, I am a former fat boy and took EC for almost 2 years without stopping. I was worried about rebound weight gain etc. I just stopped, it wasn't a big deal. Nothing happened, I was fine. I didn't even regain any weight. I bet you will be the same way.

Most of that stuff doesn't work anyways. For the stuff that does, the effect is so small that you have to be pretty shredded to even notice.

The hardest part will be psychological.

If I were you, I would stop, not buy any more non-stim fat burners and use that money to hire a nutrition coach (someone who knows what PubMed is i.e. Alan Aragon, not some bro from your gym.) Your results will be much better, i promise.
I'm after a pump product that is all. Now I'm doing harder weight sessions,I feel my muscle swell. Something to allow my body to open up and allow more flow through.
I'm not worried about stims now. Like me some BCAAs beta alanine and erase, drive and Cordygen. Bullet proof to boost test

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agmatine and/or N02 products and/or Carbs pre-w/o and/or glycerol/GMS

To be honest, not sure how you got pumps from ANY stims b/c Stims do the complete opposte. They are vasoconstrictors NOT vasodilators

I'm after a pump product that is all. Now I'm doing harder weight sessions,I feel my muscle swell. Something to allow my body to open up and allow more flow through.
I'm not worried about stims now. Like me some BCAAs beta alanine and erase, drive and Cordygen. Bullet proof to boost test

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fellas, Im 3 hours sober lolol :p

First day I havent taken ANYTHING in 10 years

This is gomnna be fun (NOT!)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Agmatine and/or N02 products and/or Carbs pre-w/o and/or glycerol/GMS

To be honest, not sure how you got pumps from ANY stims b/c Stims do the complete opposte. They are vasoconstrictors NOT vasodilators
I am STIM FREE...2 weeks sober as of today. Want to know things to help with the pump?and caffeine at a dose that is ergogenic and will not constrict.will aid in endurance coupled with beta alanine

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats! ;)

Most of the studies I have seen that discuss caffeine being a beneficial aid with respect to performance were done at a dose of 200mg.

Still though, caffeine by virtue of it being a stim, is a vasoconstrictor even at 1mg as well. I doubt you are going to get around this issue with any product as any type of CNS stim will cause constriction.

For your low stim perfomance objective, I think caffeine at 200 mg 30 minutes pre-w/o should be your starting point then feel it out from there.

Again, even 1mg of caffeine will constrict (albeit negligibly)

I am STIM FREE...2 weeks sober as of today. Want to know things to help with the pump?and caffeine at a dose that is ergogenic and will not constrict.will aid in endurance coupled with beta alanine

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Congrats! ;)

Most of the studies I have seen that discuss caffeine being a beneficial aid with respect to performance were done at a dose of 200mg.

Still though, caffeine by virtue of it being a stim, is a vasoconstrictor even at 1mg as well. I doubt you are going to get around this issue with any product as any type of CNS stim will cause constriction.

For your low stim perfomance objective, I think caffeine at 200 mg 30 minutes pre-w/o should be your starting point then feel it out from there.

Again, even 1mg of caffeine will constrict (albeit negligibly)
Cheers. I popped open a thread too so if u can help me there that would be awesome.
What would you suggest then for recomp (in my thread)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I know this isn't a drug help type of forum, but I can tell you that kicking stims will make you feel much better in the long run AND that certain obstacles can be overcome (such as PAWS or post acute withdrawal syndrome). You're brain returning to homeostasis can be a dark age if you don't have proper support from friends and family, keep your good habits intact, and take some natural remedies (ethnobotanicals work great) to keep these things in check. I've kicked about everything and am well versed with everything as far as the timeline of recovery to the things that can make your life a lot more manageable. Let me know via here or PM if you want to ask something.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this isn't a drug help type of forum, but I can tell you that kicking stims will make you feel much better in the long run AND that certain obstacles can be overcome (such as PAWS or post acute withdrawal syndrome). You're brain returning to homeostasis can be a dark age if you don't have proper support from friends and family, keep your good habits intact, and take some natural remedies (ethnobotanicals work great) to keep these things in check. I've kicked about everything and am well versed with everything as far as the timeline of recovery to the things that can make your life a lot more manageable. Let me know via here or PM if you want to ask something.
Thanks. I feel like I just don't want to now, yet

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I feel like I just don't want to now, yet
I feel you. I was the same way with gear. I would read up on horror stories of people stopping long (2 yearish) cycles and I was worried I'd just shrink, etc. I kept getting it from SWIM (jk with the acronym) and kept pinning myself. I would procrastinate over and over and focus on the negatives. The truth is, you never know until you try. I am happier now being off everything and I am actually more chizzled than ever and still strong.

The point is, if you don't just DO IT, tomorrow will never come. :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel you. I was the same way with gear. I would read up on horror stories of people stopping long (2 yearish) cycles and I was worried I'd just shrink, etc. I kept getting it from SWIM (jk with the acronym) and kept pinning myself. I would procrastinate over and over and focus on the negatives. The truth is, you never know until you try. I am happier now being off everything and I am actually more chizzled than ever and still strong.

The point is, if you don't just DO IT, tomorrow will never come. :)
wow, so you were able to maintain most/all of your AAS gains even while off?

I agree with your other post about the stims and supps in general. I take around 5 different supps a day, 10 if you include the multi's and everyday health type things.... It's a hell of a lot lol. I donno if I'd be able to live without them mentally.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow

Nice post bro

Thanks for the offer of support ;)

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
The immense support we have here makes this the best place to spend down time and time at work hahah

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
wow, so you were able to maintain most/all of your AAS gains even while off?

I agree with your other post about the stims and supps in general. I take around 5 different supps a day, 10 if you include the multi's and everyday health type things.... It's a hell of a lot lol. I donno if I'd be able to live without them mentally.
I am surprised that I actually look and feel MUCH better than ever! My face is more contoured and young looking, my arms are more vascular and less puffy, my midsection keeps getting more and more lean.... I surprised myself.

I feel you about the mental part. lol. I have a crapload of supplements I am WAITING to come in. I've got a sick stack I'm building up. :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am surprised that I actually look and feel MUCH better than ever! My face is more contoured and young looking, my arms are more vascular and less puffy, my midsection keeps getting more and more lean.... I surprised myself.

I feel you about the mental part. lol. I have a crapload of supplements I am WAITING to come in. I've got a sick stack I'm building up. :D
Ah yes. We are supp junkies lol. I've got a whole lot waiting for me. I can already taste them. Lol.
Good luck with your stack my friend. Once I get some non stim pre wo I'll be off stims for a bit. Just a bit though.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I ended up actually gaining back some size, while slowly but surely losing fat!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
atta boy!!!!! ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Haha. Nice. Perhaps your training an diet were spot on after so much exp. :)
Good stuff man.
Thanks Mattrag and Whacked. Yeah, I think that when supplements cease to dictate one's appetite, pre-training intensity, daily energy levels, etc. one's body will HOPEFULLY 'reboot' eventually. :cheers:

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Mattrag and Whacked. Yeah, I think that when supplements cease to dictate one's appetite, pre-training intensity, daily energy levels, etc. one's body will HOPEFULLY 'reboot' eventually. :cheers:
Also forces u to really be spot on with diet.. Some supps do allow u to cheat n still get results..

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Also forces u to really be spot on with diet.. Some supps do allow u to cheat n still get results..
As a matter of fact I have a few nutrient partitioners on the way. lol. I won't touch things that mess with my mental state anymore with a FEW exceptions such as I MAY get back on the Relora/Sensoril combination, Andro Drive (preg and dhea are amazing for general well-being and neural/andrenal function and Andro Drive kicks ass), green tea, maybe a cup of coffee, and that's about it. I'm excited to re-introduce supplements into my daily regimen.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a matter of fact I have a few nutrient partitioners on the way. lol. I won't touch things that mess with my mental state anymore with a FEW exceptions such as I MAY get back on the Relora/Sensoril combination, Andro Drive (preg and dhea are amazing for general well-being and neural/andrenal function and Andro Drive kicks ass), green tea, maybe a cup of coffee, and that's about it. I'm excited to re-introduce supplements into my daily regimen.
Yea nutrient partitioners r key for me bc I'm quite insulin intolerant. I'm taking revamp right now which has preg in it also.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Yea nutrient partitioners r key for me bc I'm quite insulin intolerant. I'm taking revamp right now which has preg in it also.
That's tight! Yeah, I am a huge fan of Glycobol, Slin Sane, and I've put Vasotropin in my recent order to arrive tomorrow. ;)

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
There was a lot of good ideas in here; would have preferred a caffeine/stim taper as opposed to going cold turkey as most try to do. It probably would have been easier for you - but no looking back.

I think 2 sets of agents can help you out in the instances of withdrawl:

1. Mitochondrial Optimizers

In particular: Carnitine (salts); CoQ10 (preferably ubiquinol or ubiquinone dosed doubly); Coenzyme 1 (NADH); Na-R-ALA (and additional thiamine or benfotiamine and riboflavin which are co-factors assisting ALA in its dehydrogenase activity)

-and-

2. Adrenal Recovery Agents

In particular: Rhodiola; Pantethenic Acid; Schizandra; DHEA (if fat-loss still desired; I would prefer the 7-keto or 7-OH variants); Phosphatidylserine (high-dose) - for those that talked about Reset AD or even the so-called equivalent (Revamp)...there is little room for licorice supplementation or bovine adrenal extracts - they won't help you and could be counter-productive, especially if going on to use licorice at any length AND avoiding it opens up the potential to use HIGHER efficacious doses of said ingredients). Here's the thing; When you are Rhodiola naiive...you WILL "feel" it upon dosing properly...companies using it will bank on it...YOU HAVE TO CYCLE this and any other "adaptogen" through the week (5 on, 2 off -or- 3 on, 1 off - kind of like how stims should be micro-cycled).

Great discussion in a "stimulant-junkie" society.

D_

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There was a lot of good ideas in here; would have preferred a caffeine/stim taper as opposed to going cold turkey as most try to do. It probably would have been easier for you - but no looking back.

I think 2 sets of agents can help you out in the instances of withdrawl:

1. Mitochondrial Optimizers

In particular: Carnitine (salts); CoQ10 (preferably ubiquinol or ubiquinone dosed doubly); Coenzyme 1 (NADH); Na-R-ALA (and additional thiamine or benfotiamine and riboflavin which are co-factors assisting ALA in its dehydrogenase activity)

-and-

2. Adrenal Recovery Agents

In particular: Rhodiola; Pantethenic Acid; Schizandra; DHEA (if fat-loss still desired; I would prefer the 7-keto or 7-OH variants); Phosphatidylserine (high-dose) - for those that talked about Reset AD or even the so-called equivalent (Revamp)...there is little room for licorice supplementation or bovine adrenal extracts - they won't help you and could be counter-productive, especially if going on to use licorice at any length AND avoiding it opens up the potential to use HIGHER efficacious doses of said ingredients). Here's the thing; When you are Rhodiola naiive...you WILL "feel" it upon dosing properly...companies using it will bank on it...YOU HAVE TO CYCLE this and any other "adaptogen" through the week (5 on, 2 off -or- 3 on, 1 off - kind of like how stims should be micro-cycled).

Great discussion in a "stimulant-junkie" society.

D_
Great post. Thank you.

Glad this thread is proving helpful for people.