Any concerns of suppression when you stop using SAN T2 Xtreme if you may be.. - AnabolicMinds.com

Any concerns of suppression when you stop using SAN T2 Xtreme if you may be..

1. Banned

Any concerns of suppression when you stop using SAN T2 Xtreme if you may be..

hypothyroidism ?? thanks

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 capsule(s)
    Servings Per Container 180
    Amount Per Serving
    3,3'-Diiodo-L-Thyronine 100 mcg
    3,5-Diiodo-L-Thyronine 100 mcg

2. New Member

Subbed...I am very curious about this too as I am considering taking T2 after having labs done and realizing that I may be borderline hypo.
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Not to speak for Dr. Houser but there is always a chance of suppression with thyroidals; however, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that you will get suppression if u dose the T2 responsibly.
    •   

4. Banned

Thanks mr.cooper
  5. Featured Author

Here's my concern...if you are overtly hypothyroid; do you know why (i.e. - Hashimoto's; DeQuervain's; Subclinical, etc...)?

Would you be willing to post any blood work?

Would you be willing to share whether you are prescribed any medications for this ailment?

D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  6. Featured Author

Quote Originally Posted by Gore View Post
    Subbed...I am very curious about this too as I am considering taking T2 after having labs done and realizing that I may be borderline hypo.
    I don't know what this means? Do you mean..."subclinical hypothyroid" or something else?

Have you gotten a thyroidal antibody panel (anti-TPO; anti-Thyroglobulin) if so?

D_
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    I don't know what this means? Do you mean..."subclinical hypothyroid" or something else?

Have you gotten a thyroidal antibody panel (anti-TPO; anti-Thyroglobulin) if so?

D_
    Sorry for the confusion, this thread was actually started as a favor to me based off of another thread that I started. To make a long story short I had some pre-surgery lab work done and I found out that my TSH level was 2.4 (there were no tests for t3/t4 levels which I know is less than ideal). My dr. uses the .5-5 scale which lists me as normal but I did a little research and found out that recently people have been shifting to s scale that tops out at high 2's-3.0. During my research I also read through the symptoms of having hypothyroidism and I have a few of them e.g.: cold hands & feet that won't warm up, being tired after a good night's sleep, thinning hair. I also think I was on the low side for RBC's as well which was another thing that I think tied into hypothyroidism. Obviously these could be a result of other things but it all kind of fits together. My thyroid hasn't stopped me from getting into good shape for MMA and I can still lose weight, hence me saying borderline, or to be more correct subclinical (but I thought people would know what I meant).

To answer your other questions, yes I would be willing to post bloodwork, and no I not currently taking any meds for my thyroid.
  8. Featured Author

I like to normalize as many patients as possible around a TSH of "1" as variance from that number is exponential on the T3/T4 scale in some instances, so I don't disagree necessarily with your hypothesis; BUT as a caveat to that statement...as there are many things that might shift values. Time of Day; Micronutrient Derrangement; Stress; Diet; Weather (yes hot vs. cold will be reflected in the number); Other hormones, drugs and supplements ALL AFFECT TSH values.

You suggest a lower side of RBCs - fine; but do you have a Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV) and Red Cell Distribution Width (RDW) you know of. Anemia and related conditions can present similar; so be careful of self-diagnosis. The trick here too is that hypothyroidism can cause a low-grade anemia, so this is of debate how best to approach this without the values I have requested.

Yes, a Free T4 and T3 would be of use. A conversion defect between T4 (inactive) --> T3 (active) might exist; which can, in certain scenarios, be reflected by the TSH; but I wouldn't know without a T3 (in particular).

D_
  9. New Member

WBC COUNT 6.9 3.5 - 12.5 K/uL
    Red blood cells count 4.50 4.10 - 5.70 M/uL
    Hgb 13.8 13.0 - 17.0 g/dL
    Hematocrit 40.3 39.0 - 51.0 %
    MCV 90 80 - 100 fL
    RDW, RBC 12.2 12.0 - 16.5 %
    Platelets count 211 140 - 400 K/uL
  10. New Member

Does that help?

My idea was just to try the SAN T2 and to see if I notice any changes in some of the symptoms. If I do notice some changes then it would make sense for me to seek actual treatment for this. If not, I am out the cost of a bottle of T2, and since SAN's T2 isn't supposed to be suppressive...no harm done.
  11. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Does that help?

My idea was just to try the SAN T2 and to see if I notice any changes in some of the symptoms. If I do notice some changes then it would make sense for me to seek actual treatment for this. If not, I am out the cost of a bottle of T2, and since SAN's T2 isn't supposed to be suppressive...no harm done.
    I don't know about the doc, but your hope is misplaced in diiodos IMO. I'm not so sure you will feel such compounds at work.
  12. Featured Author

WBC COUNT 6.9 3.5 - 12.5 K/uL
    Red blood cells count 4.50 4.10 - 5.70 M/uL
    Hgb 13.8 13.0 - 17.0 g/dL
    Hematocrit 40.3 39.0 - 51.0 %
    MCV 90 80 - 100 fL
    RDW, RBC 12.2 12.0 - 16.5 %
    Platelets count 211 140 - 400 K/uL
    Does that help?

I would be more hard-pressed to suggest hypothyroidism and would be more interested in getting a Vitamin B12 level first and try supplemental form of methylcobalamin from 5,000 mcg (a much more realistic stimulation dose than most commercial products offer).

I understand what the "normal" values suggest, however - an MCV > or equal to 90 in light of a low normal RDW implies that you may harbor subclinical hypocobalaminemia (as opposed to subclinical hypothyroidism; besides your TSH is equivocal without a Free T3 or T4). You could go to privatemdlabs.com and get a Serum Vitamin B12, Methylmalonic Acid, Folate, TSH, FT4, FT3 if it would help you rest easier at night. You have probably a higher case of anxiety on the subject than is likely warranted...BUT I cannot fault a desire to be proactive on the subject.

D_
  13. New Member

Thank you for your continued posts on the matter, I appreciate it. I still have a few more labs to get done through my dr. that I didn't complete because I hadn't fasted, I'm not sure if the ones you mentioned would get covered through them or not. I will try to get then done asap though.

On a side note I did find out that a few family members were anemic so I don't know if that would play into my symptoms. Thoughts?

Similar Forum Threads

1. A Few Concerns with My Cut
    By Jpm89 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 09:20 AM
  2. Gyno Concerns: STOP!
    By RenegadeRows in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 07:21 AM
  3. DCP during PCT - ANY concerns?
    By djremix in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13