Transdermal Resveratrol

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Hello Dr. Houser! I remember from LB forums that you were against 'topically administered' resveratrol. I don't quite remember your explanation for this, but I'm wondering why this is? Or did you change your position on the topic? Thanks Dr. Houser!

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I'm also wondering your thoughts on sublingual?

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Hello Dr. Houser! I remember from LB forums that you were against 'topically administered' resveratrol. I don't quite remember your explanation for this, but I'm wondering why this is? Or did you change your position on the topic? Thanks Dr. Houser!

Maybe you mean a post here on res-v (unsure); but myself and Dr.D (yes...we are not one and the same for those that are confused) discussed molecular transport; although I cannot seem to locate that one unfortunately. But you may also be talking about ER-alpha/ER-beta differential.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/80455-estrogenic-effects-trans.html

That said, there are, effectively compounds that could be used to remedy this, it would appear. Unfortunately, I cannot mention them here secondary to product development.

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I'm also wondering your thoughts on sublingual?
I don't really have any as I have no experience with sublingual administration unfortunately. Do you know of a product that does it transdermal?

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

I am unsure what the intentions of this post were; but if you think about it from a caloric restriction standpoint....approximating a lower carloric state would in effect SLOW metabolism as such was seen; although this is apparently counter-intuitive to some.

D_

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
3 PMs in the last 5 minutes on this...

NO, it does NOT mean I think that Res-V is a bad ingredient, but let's be wary about what data we are preaching about when talking about it. I am also unsure why people don't just consume oral (as I have found compliance with transdermals to be relatively miserable)....

http://download.cell.com/cell-metabolism/pdf/PIIS155041311100386X.pdf?intermediate=true

150mg / day; no changes in diet/exercise yielded benefits; BUT this was the first trial in humans to really do a good job at this.

D_

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I don't really have any as I have no experience with sublingual administration unfortunately. Do you know of a product that does it transdermal?

D_
I know of two transdermals:
Primordial Performance Sustain Alpha
Prototype Nutritiion R-Spray

I only know of one sublingual:
TaurusNutrition SubRes