Glucose Disposal Agents - Q&A with Dr. Dana Houser

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    Thanks, I'm blushing. [...] I digress.

D_
    I read the whole reply and damn I gotta leave, but I just wanted to say I'd hug you right now
    That was *terrific* info, clear, simply explained and incredibly interesting, you just clarified so many
    doubts I had.
    Will write more later on, thanks a lot once more doc

David
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

2. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post

Most people screw up having protein too high on a low-carb diet and then dismiss it as the diet's fault thereafter. That's not really it; it's how certain authors have translated the why's people would incorporate such diets and how to do them successfully. Also trying to make their "diet" unique; so they move carbs up and down and all around. While again, I will NOT dismiss this as being an effective way to avoid high levels of glycemic variation...it is NOT the most effective for a bodybuilder to follow.

You won't be able to see a "problem" per se unless you do them both and in the way they are intended. As far as the GDA; this contributes NONE to the thyroid infrastructure. As far as leptin response; possibly; but again this is the same limitation of glycemic variation as previously described which is leading to your "success" not the GDA itself.

Again, you have to take advantage of a carb-up the way it was meant. I offer you the analogy of a wet towel. The water is glycogen ... dripping wet. When you wring the towel out; that is the equivalent of "carbing-down" OR "depleting." To take advantage of glycogen manipulation and insulin sensitivity while not losing site of thyroidal peripheral conversion and subsequent axis defects, the "carb-up" or "supercompensation" only really will see tremendous impact in that way.

If not done in this way...then you are likely just seeing the results of limiting glycogen variation....which ... PLEASE DO NOT GET ME WRONG...is NOT a bad thing; but you may as well adopt a meditteranean diet or something from a nutrient density standpoint and you'll achieve the same thing in a more nutritious fashion.

D_
    i want to touch on a few things you said.

what do you feel is too high protein, i mean as it is, i eat 47% protein 47% fat 6% carb, give or take percent or 2 in my diet, and felt it worked much better for dieting opposed to keto which is 60% fat, 30% protein <10% carb.... while my diet still keeps me in ketosis, as certain supplements blunt gluconeogenesis therefor i assume keeping amino acid pool more "full" thus better recomposition albeit takes longer to diet it down.

But interms of glycemic variation. a GDA wont alter it too much it only blocks X amount of carbs via alpha glucosidase inhibition (carb blocking) . GDAs work mechanisms that AID the fat loss process as well as help deplete glycogen (banaba leaf) ad well as a few other ingredients. so with that said it can aid on the point of low-no carb days. On refeeds, if you do it truely the right way, GDAs will effect it somewhat in terms of fat put on. but i mean 800 carbs, GDAs wont blunt the insulin responce too bad considering the sheer volume of food. But some people dont refeed, the have a **** day, which in esence can still increase the t3 bc its overfeeding, bt overfeeding with LCFA cause more fat gain hence the saftey net of these GDAs. Refeeds simply taking the GDA and adding more carbs would suffice no?

by glycemic variation im assuming the insulin responses you get? because you still get them on a GDA but need more food to illicit the same responce since the GDA takes more pressure off the beta cells right.

plus if these GDAs are activating GLUT 4 wouldnt they therefore aid supercompensation A LA dan duchain. Increases cell sensitivity even more.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    Thanks, I'm blushing. I am always fearful that I just can't get to enough of them quick enough; there are obviously so many more of you than me and I answer in between patients, research, et al... so it can sometimes prove daunting.
    I can see that, appreciation for the time spent here just increased

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    If you are solely looking to lower -or- keep low body comp, then restricting glycemic variation (ie. - shifts in highs and lows); then taking a GDA straight through a carb-up is fine; however...this will sacrifice the purpose of a supercompensation period allowing you to progress with tension-series lifts and does not agree with the original rationale for the diet. You accomplish the same thing by making sure carbs are low (which it sounds you do); so I am not sure the GDA is giving you the results you are giving it credit for.
    Clear, makes sense and yes I do keep my carbs very low, 30gr on wo days and even less on days off.

[/B]You are correct for all intents and purposes (perhaps a little bit simplified) on the "why" the GDA is best left off the "re-feeds." I will guarantee you (100%) that you will NOT store fat in a "true" refeed and will not only shuttle nutrients, but the purpose of a carb-up (refeed, supercompensation) was glycogen manipulation. While you normally store about 2.5 grams of glycogen per each 100 grams of muscle; you actually can trick the system into storing about double that...so 5 grams per each 100 grams of muscle. This WILL translate to expedited results and make you look jacked (not remotely flat) the first 2-3 days of the week after a refeed. It will also provide you additional fuel (in the form of glycogen) to provide for truly "intense" resistance (tension) workouts.

Now...you heighten insulin sensitivity during the periods of low-carb/no-carb which will actually provide a further anabolic response when incorporating carbs.

Which brings me to your next statement...
    Absolutely simplified yes
    And when I mean refeed I mean *100% clean* refeed, no cheat meals, ever.
    My refeed is really nothing but my regular meals (100% clean as well) to which I add oats and for a total amount of 100gr of carbs
    and usually I let myself eat some more whey mixed with greek yogurt and some oats&protein, fat free home made cookies
    as well, cutting the (lil already) paying attention to fats (lil to begin with)
    Again, explained very clearly, and definitely your statement about not storing fat just kicked my fat-phobia in the ass

We actually have talked about IF somewhere else in this subforum (although I don't recall where) and actually brought up it's shortcomings...some are actually thyroidal in nature (which probably means over time and when you age as hormones decline; you will be allowed to eat fewer and fewer calories to achive the physique you are coveting).

I think you'd be surprised how well it works if done correctly.

Most people screw up having protein too high on a low-carb diet and then dismiss it as the diet's fault thereafter. That's not really it; it's how certain authors have translated the why's people would incorporate such diets and how to do them successfully. Also trying to make their "diet" unique; so they move carbs up and down and all around. While again, I will NOT dismiss this as being an effective way to avoid high levels of glycemic variation...it is NOT the most effective for a bodybuilder to follow.
    Understood, I actually started to do IF due to my schedule, then I saw very good results and kept going.
    But to be honest I attribute the good results to the fact that eating all my meals starting late evening
    it helps me stick to the diet much better, I have no problem not eating during the day because I'm always busy
    while at night i get snacky and I tend to be hungry, this way I have all my meals and the fact that I get full
    with a 400cals meal makes dieting easier.
    I also do not change (aside from the refeed) my diet, I stick to my plan, never change carbs, I can add a lil bit
    of natural PB when I really feel I'm passing out, or if a given day wo has been extremely heavy and long (my session
    can go up to +3 hours, never under 2 hours..)

See - you actually could probably have higher success if you truly DEPLETE before you "carbed up." The best way to describe the diet I have highlighted you use in bold is a CTKD (or cyclic targeted ketogenic diet); unfortunately...ketosis is never achieved and any results is...YOU GUESSED IT, like those before you...limiting levels of glycemic variation.
    This is the only part that I'm not sure I get.
    How I'm not truly deplete? Because the use of GDA on the days before the refeed?
    Or due to the 30gr of carbs? I'm in serious calorie deficit - especially taking into account the intensity and the
    length of my wo sessions - the rest of the week..
    The plan/diet you described would get me depleted completely (as opposed to what I'm doing now)?
    As I said, this is the only part I'm not sure I get :/

Again, you have to take advantage of a carb-up the way it was meant. I offer you the analogy of a wet towel. The water is glycogen ... dripping wet. When you wring the towel out; that is the equivalent of "carbing-down" OR "depleting." To take advantage of glycogen manipulation and insulin sensitivity while not losing site of thyroidal peripheral conversion and subsequent axis defects, the "carb-up" or "supercompensation" only really will see tremendous impact in that way.

If not done in this way...then you are likely just seeing the results of limiting glycogen variation....which ... PLEASE DO NOT GET ME WRONG...is NOT a bad thing; but you may as well adopt a meditteranean diet or something from a nutrient density standpoint and you'll achieve the same thing in a more nutritious fashion.

Yeah; I think I may go down in history infamous for Blueprint; but really ... I might best be described as the guy who ended agmatine's run on a 20-year hiatus of being incorporated into sports supplements because people didn't know how to market the damn thing. I am unsure if the latter is more dubious or enlightening...alas I digress.

D_
    Absolutely clear, and actually like I mentioned before, this just gave my fat-phobic a$$ a well deserved kick
    I'd feel stupid not to take advantage of your advice, and next refeed I will most definitely try the carb-up (I mean mixed-macros meals, but i'll make sure the carb intake for the day is enough as you described) without the GDAs.
    I'll see how that goes and later on, I will try the detailed plan you listed in the previous post,
    this is because I've been in such strict diet/cal deficit for so long that I want to give my body a bit of time to get used.
    So, thanks a lot

Altho' I can tell you something, i mentioned I gained almost 5lbs in the last 3 weeks, 100% lean gains,
    and that because I started to boost calories just a bit, because my wo got way harder, I kept hitting PR and going up with weight for 2 weeks straight and I actually *felt* like I needed a bit more food.
    BF didn't changed, if anything it went down a bit and I'm more vascular.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    But some people dont refeed, the have a **** day, which in esence can still increase the t3 bc its overfeeding, bt overfeeding with LCFA cause more fat gain hence the saftey net of these GDAs. Refeeds simply taking the GDA and adding more carbs would suffice no?

by glycemic variation im assuming the insulin responses you get? because you still get them on a GDA but need more food to illicit the same responce since the GDA takes more pressure off the beta cells right.

plus if these GDAs are activating GLUT 4 wouldnt they therefore aid supercompensation A LA dan duchain. Increases cell sensitivity even more.
    See this - for the way I understood the whole concept here - would make in my casethe GDA effect slightly negative,
    to regurgitate what the doc said, because I don't do cheat meals, and I even have hard time eating the amount of food/carbs that I'm suppose to on refeed, so I don't over-overfeed
    so - even if a lil bit - the GDA blunting the refeed purpose/effect of the refeed is going against the goal

4. if your not overfeeding your not eliciting the t3 responce, you need to essentially double and in some cases triple normal caloric intake from the deficit to refeed.

your case you wont get the t3 manipulation, carbs are too low, cals are still too low,

What he means by truely not depleting is...

your still eating carbs. dont have direct carb sources oats etc.

on refeed day, do a small carb meal pre workout to knock u out of ketosis, then do a high rep full body depletion work (reason for carbs pre workout is to let bodys fuel source for workout change from triglycerides/ketones/fats to carbs). Full body depletion this way you deplete the rest of carbohydrate stores (workout will last 90-120 min) then you refeed! first 4 hours high glycemic next 8-12 low glycemic.

body weight x 2-5g is the carb number to shoot for. and protein just 1.2g per KG* (minimum to maintain muscle as shown on keto diets.) I usually do protein from a whey source or pure eggwhite source or mix of both due to extreme bioavailability.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    if your not overfeeding your not eliciting the t3 responce, you need to essentially double and in some cases triple normal caloric intake from the deficit to refeed.

your case you wont get the t3 manipulation, carbs are too low, cals are still too low,

on refeed day, do a small carb meal pre workout to knock u out of ketosis, then do a high rep full body depletion work (reason for carbs pre workout is to let bodys fuel source for workout change from triglycerides/ketones/fats to carbs). Full body depletion this way you deplete the rest of carbohydrate stores (workout will last 90-120 min) then you refeed! first 4 hours high glycemic next 8-12 low glycemic.

body weight x 2-5g is the carb number to shoot for. and protein just 1.2g per KG* (minimum to maintain muscle as shown on keto diets.) I usually do protein from a whey source or pure eggwhite source or mix of both due to extreme bioavailability.
    Oh ok all clear, almost

only this:

The day before the refeed only? Or the rest of the week?

Assuming is only the day before, if the day before refeed I take 30gr of carbs
    (in form of two whole wheat bread slices) and no other
    direct carb source, that's enough not to be depleted?

Yeah I figure about the cals/carbs being too low still on my refeed, I just can't make it
    I'll get there slowly, as it right now I can force-feed myself a lil bit, like I already do on my refeed
    but if I force-feed myself to that point, to that amount of cals i'd throw up no doubt, I need to get there gradually :/

6. I also think that perhaps by using certain GDAs you actually force gluconeogenesis, sometimes you might actually fill some glycogen stores. Im not sure... might be IMPOSSIBLE, but I can see this being a problem with ingesting various herbs to illicit a response.

Good read, been here from the beginning but didnt want to pollute the thread.

Hopefully this doesn't.

One quick question for those that might know~

How LONG can one be glycogen depleted before the response of glycogen supercompensation starts to diminish? And how long does it take to get into that supercompensation phase? the ultimate diet 2.0 which has you doing 1.5g*lbm(lbs) per day at around bwx8 for cals for 4 days. Doing a high volume "pump" type workout for 2 days. Then doing a higher weight "hypertrophy" style workout, then refeeding.

Is this long enough? Would it be beneficial for us to take this further? For example, do the first 2 days maybe more spread out, then refeed after a longer period?

Another I just thought of is~ About how long, theoretically, does it take before the body starts trying to refill glycogen via cortisol? And how long before this response overshadows the benefit of keeping carbs low? Theoretically, of course.

Thanks again.
    RecoverBro ELITE

7. Oh my; I will have to look at all the new posts in this one tomorrow.

That's a lot to respond to in one sitting.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

8. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I also think that perhaps by using certain GDAs you actually force gluconeogenesis, sometimes you might actually fill some glycogen stores. Im not sure... might be IMPOSSIBLE, but I can see this being a problem with ingesting various herbs to illicit a response.

Good read, been here from the beginning but didnt want to pollute the thread.

Hopefully this doesn't.

One quick question for those that might know~

How LONG can one be glycogen depleted before the response of glycogen supercompensation starts to diminish? And how long does it take to get into that supercompensation phase? the ultimate diet 2.0 which has you doing 1.5g*lbm(lbs) per day at around bwx8 for cals for 4 days. Doing a high volume "pump" type workout for 2 days. Then doing a higher weight "hypertrophy" style workout, then refeeding.

Is this long enough? Would it be beneficial for us to take this further? For example, do the first 2 days maybe more spread out, then refeed after a longer period?

Another I just thought of is~ About how long, theoretically, does it take before the body starts trying to refill glycogen via cortisol? And how long before this response overshadows the benefit of keeping carbs low? Theoretically, of course.

Thanks again.
    Great question, cortisol will aid in increasing i assume only liver glycogen since its what controls blood sugar, aside from that working out and the flow of lactic acid back to krebs can be stored as glycogen.

vanadyl although D doesnt like it, aids in blocking gluconeogenesis and lowering blood glucose. If you wanted something to blunt rise in sugars mediated by cortisol, look into HOLY BASIL

9. I'd assume this is where adaptogens and the lot might start to play a role?
    RecoverBro ELITE

10. Great thread!

So what is your recommended dose of R-ala or Na-rala in terms of a lower carb meal for ex. 50g or less, and a larger carb meal of say 100-200g?
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post

I just started my refeed after what has been probably the hardest wo day I've ever had,
    chest/tri day, broke two PRs and the session was 3 1/2 hour long, I didn't have one lil bar of energy
    left.
    Pre wo I took 15gr of whey and 25gr of oats as suggested (btw energy was pretty good),
    10gr of bcaa prewo, 15gr intra, 10gr post.

An hour later my first meal, big pancake made of egg whites, half scoop of whey/casein blend,
    i tsp of fat free cottage cheese and 50gr of oats, no GDA.

BUT that line that I quoted doesn't sound right.. I'm suppose to eat quite a bit on this refeed
    I'm 74Kg right now (164lbs) and if I follow those numbers I will eat less than I usually eat

74 * 2gr of carbs = 148gr of carbs
    74 * 1.2gr of protein = 88.8gr of protein??? I mean, I'm almost over this amount already, and I had one meal lol
    I take something like 250/330 gr of protein a day on days on! I have to cut them to 90??
    Sounds really strange..

Doc suggested two times what I had yesterday and the day before (yesterday I didn't touch
    carbs AT ALL, and the day before my 30gr as usual)

even if I shoot for two times the cals I had JUST yesterday, how the hell I'm going to get
    them in with these macros? I doubt I should reach 3000cals or more with fats..

Calculating the weight in lbs would make a lil more sense
    but still low (164*2= 328 carbs - 164*1.2=200 protein),
    but i'm not even close to twice the cals - again - one a normal wo day..

I'm sure i'm missing something, or I just don't get it..
    My refeed sounds like I'm gonna starve even more than usual :/

Just with the prewo snack and the first "meal" I already took half
    of the protein for the whole day and 1/3 of the carbs and - following my
    regular day - I'd have another 3 meals to do lol.. how??

I think ima give up on this refeed thing, just get the same amount of food
    I get everyday and be done with it

Doc chime in and save me please

12. IMO since he probably wont see this in time to give you his recommendation, what I would do is just set protein where you believe it needs to be, and fill the rest of the 2x yesterday's cals with carbs. Leave fats at trace.

I personally don't even worry about protein on my refeeds. I get plenty just by way of the food I eat.

I just look at your refeed and wonder why you are making lowish carb pancakes on a carb refeed, when trying to hit super compensation..

13. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    IMO since he probably wont see this in time to give you his recommendation, what I would do is just set protein where you believe it needs to be, and fill the rest of the 2x yesterday's cals with carbs. Leave fats at trace.

I personally don't even worry about protein on my refeeds. I get plenty just by way of the food I eat.

I just look at your refeed and wonder why you are making lowish carb pancakes on a carb refeed, when trying to hit super compensation..
    Cause oats is the higher carb containing food I have at home
    I know something like 40 different recipes with whey, but I can't cook carbs to save my life..
    I tried using rice or potatoes in past but they make me sick, oats don't do that

Thing is, i hate carbs and while refeed day is enjoyable for most people,
    for me it turns into hell, even worse than a regular day because I can't even eat my protein?
    No way.

Anyway, thank you for the advice, I'm sure that works for you,
    I don't know what your goal is tho' nor you BF, but I'm very sensitive,
    if I f#ck up it shows on me right away, I don't wanna f#ck up, I'll go paranoid otherwise and
    starve myself for the next 5 days, I know how I am.
    I'll just skip the damn thing, count the cals i got so far and just turn this into a regular day,
    too bad I'm over my daily carb intake already, freaking hate that..

14. Is there anything that lowers the amount of insulin released?

It looks like most of the products help to stimulate more of a insulin release. For someone on a low carb diet wouldnt it be better if there was a product that help control the insulin release?

15. Autokal

1.2g per KG is whats suggested in studies as minimum protein to maintain muscle mass while on low calorie keto diet.

you can stick with 1g per pound, i was just giving a minimum. i usually get in 200g

fat cals should be trace that day.

that carb amount though is important.

16. In this case, if I count 2xbodyweight in lbs then I can see that..
    Regardless, I just can't seem to be able to eat carbs, there is no way.

I ate that ONE pancake which had something like 45/50gr of oats in it
    without that GDA that I was talking about (the one that allows me
    to eat carbs without feeling like hell) and I felt extremely bad within
    minutes.. I skipped the refeed for this week (again..) and at this point
    I don't really see the refeed protocol to be something that will ever work
    for me, I tried way too many times now, if I eat carbs I get bloated,
    I feel bad and most important the next day I am *weak* as sh#t..
    With the GDA i can eat carbs but again not so many and not enough
    to elicit any noticeable reaction in my metabolism or my body

My only way seems to just boost cals a bit with protein and some healthy fats,
    this will not do much to leptin levels probably but wth am I gonna do?
    I need at least one day in which I'm not in cal deficit and I need it also
    for sanity (even tho' I end up refeeding every 20 days for a reason or another)
    and I hate carbs, it turns into an "even worse dieting" day.. can't be done :/

17. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    In this case, if I count 2xbodyweight in lbs then I can see that..
    Regardless, I just can't seem to be able to eat carbs, there is no way.

I ate that ONE pancake which had something like 45/50gr of oats in it
    without that GDA that I was talking about (the one that allows me
    to eat carbs without feeling like hell) and I felt extremely bad within
    minutes.. I skipped the refeed for this week (again..) and at this point
    I don't really see the refeed protocol to be something that will ever work
    for me, I tried way too many times now, if I eat carbs I get bloated,
    I feel bad and most important the next day I am *weak* as sh#t..
    With the GDA i can eat carbs but again not so many and not enough
    to elicit any noticeable reaction in my metabolism or my body

My only way seems to just boost cals a bit with protein and some healthy fats,
    this will not do much to leptin levels probably but wth am I gonna do?
    I need at least one day in which I'm not in cal deficit and I need it also
    for sanity (even tho' I end up refeeding every 20 days for a reason or another)
    and I hate carbs, it turns into an "even worse dieting" day.. can't be done :/
    boost the cals in MCTs from coconut oil, itll be better, and increase in cals fromthe fat will result in less fat gain , MCTs will be oxidezed to ketones fairly quick especially if used pre workout.

hey man, when i refeed, i eat gushers fruit snack and skittles, theres no high fructose corn syrup or gluten, so i hardly get bloated from it.

try it. otherwise hit a box of life cereal. all good. reason why you feel ****ty prolly is carbs are just enough to bump you out of ketosis but not enough to change energy substrate enough where your bodys relying on just carbs or just fats therefore your stuck using some protein and carbs and very little fat for energy.

especially with GDA use shifting energy towards fat oxidation as opposed to carb utilization (banaba increases glycogenolysis so id exclude that from what i said which is why pre workout they are good as well)

18. Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    boost the cals in MCTs from coconut oil, itll be better, and increase in cals fromthe fat will result in less fat gain , MCTs will be oxidezed to ketones fairly quick especially if used pre workout.

hey man, when i refeed, i eat gushers fruit snack and skittles, theres no high fructose corn syrup or gluten, so i hardly get bloated from it.

try it. otherwise hit a box of life cereal. all good. reason why you feel ****ty prolly is carbs are just enough to bump you out of ketosis but not enough to change energy substrate enough where your bodys relying on just carbs or just fats therefore your stuck using some protein and carbs and very little fat for energy.

especially with GDA use shifting energy towards fat oxidation as opposed to carb utilization (banaba increases glycogenolysis so id exclude that from what i said which is why pre workout they are good as well)
    Yea I dunno. Unless he has some sort of legitimate medical condition, it sounds like his biggest drawback, himself.

It really sounds like you have some food issues, and a lot of this is a mental, mind-****. Bloated from 45g of oats?

Do a proper refeed before making any judgement calls..IMO. Don't judge yourself on how you look or feel the DAY OF the refeed. Judge yourself how you look and feel days AFTER, a week after, etc.

I typically will get down 1500-2k grams of carbs, and am a little bloated the day of, the next day I look 75% better then before starting the refeed, by Monday(Saturday refeed) I look like 100% better, and that will hold for a day or two, before I start to deplete again.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Yea I dunno. Unless he has some sort of legitimate medical condition, it sounds like his biggest drawback, himself.

It really sounds like you have some food issues, and a lot of this is a mental, mind-****. Bloated from 45g of oats?

Do a proper refeed before making any judgement calls..IMO. Don't judge yourself on how you look or feel the DAY OF the refeed. Judge yourself how you look and feel days AFTER, a week after, etc.

I typically will get down 1500-2k grams of carbs, and am a little bloated the day of, the next day I look 75% better then before starting the refeed, by Monday(Saturday refeed) I look like 100% better, and that will hold for a day or two, before I start to deplete again.
    i look lgreat on refeed up to 500 carbs. After then im blah, 2 days later i look good. or the next morning. by the 3rd day all watery n ****. but literaly the next week, your tighter , a little leaner, and stronger.

20. Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post

Is coconut flour gonna be as good as coco oil? Because I have hard time finding the first one in shops here

As for the carbs, I don't know if there is a medical condition for such thing, but I know for sure
    after several attempts that carbs do make me feel bad, it has nothing to do with appearance (i don't check myself out
    the day of the refeed or something) my stomach gets bloated, ridiculous amount of air in it and most important
    the next day I feel lethargic and I am objectively weaker, it's a fact I can repeat the experiment 10 times,
    and it gives me the same result.

I'll try with MCTs then, I was about to anyway

21. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Is coconut flour gonna be as good as coco oil? Because I have hard time finding the first one in shops here

As for the carbs, I don't know if there is a medical condition for such thing, but I know for sure
    after several attempt that carbs do make me feel bad, it has nothing to do with appearance (i don't check myself out
    the day of the refeed or something) my stomach gets bloated, ridiculous amount of air in it and most important
    the next day I feel lethargic and I am objectively weaker, it's a fact I can repeat the experiment 10 times,
    and it gives me the same result.

I'll try with MCTs then, I was about to anyway
    typically the bloat comes from an allergy.

now. think of it this way, you may be gluten sensitive or have a gluten allergy. Now if thats the case, AVENIN from oats is similar to that.

So it can cause issues, hell i cant eat oatmeal. I suggest you try jasmine rice on refeed. replace oats with that. or rice krispies. or some sort of rice related product thats got no whole wheat.

Even amaranth, or quinoa. you will see a difference. Trust me. The avenin plus fiber may be too much for you,

22. Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post

now. think of it this way, you may be gluten sensitive or have a gluten allergy. Now if thats the case, AVENIN from oats is similar to that.

So it can cause issues, hell i cant eat oatmeal. I suggest you try jasmine rice on refeed. replace oats with that. or rice krispies. or some sort of rice related product thats got no whole wheat.

Even amaranth, or quinoa. you will see a difference. Trust me. The avenin plus fiber may be too much for you,
    Gluten kills me, but other carbs work well. Well basically ONLY sweet potato.
    RecoverBro ELITE

23. Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post

I know potatoes do the same, rice I have no idea, it's something like 8 years that i haven't touched it

'bout the coconut oil vs flour? I checked facts and I'm pretty sure is not the same right?

24. Coconut flour, I have some....Its mostly fats and protein. But its the chewy portion of the nut so its mostly all fiber.
    RecoverBro ELITE

25. Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post

That is what I am driving at in regards to a "medical" condition.

It is not normal to be a bloated mess, from 45g of oats.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    That is what I am driving at in regards to a "medical" condition.

It is not normal to be a bloated mess, from 45g of oats.
    or 60gr of potatoes.. I know right?

I mean, I don't really care since I hate oats, rice, potatoes, bread etc..
    so mentally is all good, I crave protein all the time, beef, eggs, chicken turkey
    that's heaven for me but the whole metabolism thing bothers me
    because I'm sure i'm leaving gains on the table, gains that I could get
    - slowly sure, but I'm not aiming at getting 300lbs or even 200lbs -
    while staying lean :/

27. Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    or 60gr of potatoes.. I know right?

I mean, I don't really care since I hate oats, rice, potatoes, bread etc..
    so mentally is all good, I crave protein all the time, beef, eggs, chicken turkey
    that's heaven for me but the whole metabolism thing bothers me
    because I'm sure i'm leaving gains on the table, gains that I could get
    - slowly sure, but I'm not aiming at getting 300lbs or even 200lbs -
    while staying lean :/
    broski just eat a FULL box of gushers fruit snacks, its 240g carb for the whole box no high fructose corn sysrup.

start there, 1 time wont kill you.

28. I am telling you right now.. This stuff is anabolic..

29. mmmmmhh Strawberry and Green Apple, man that'd be awesome

30. I usually eat a natty PB and banana sandwich tasty
    Always willing to learn :D

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 01:54 PM
  2. Glucose disposal agents
    By umbasante in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 10:57 AM