Top 10 Supplements - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 9

Top 10 Supplements

Page 9 of 11 First ... 47891011 Last
  1. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Was not aware MAN was making a new product besides the Nolva one. What's it advertised to do?
    I think it is only in beta testing.

From what I gather, it is just concentrated doses of growth factors, and some other proprietary ingredient that will be known upon release.

I threw out a guess that Humanofort may be the hidden ingredient.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza

Coop, why do some recommend alcar to be taken with alpha lipoic acid?
    That had been answered a few pages back. He posted a really good reply if you look.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  3. Featured Author

This is a great point. The carnitine moiety is likely what is responsible for the effects of LCLT on AR density and recovery, but at the same time, we do not know if other carnitine salts can accomplish this end result due to the fact that LCLT has superior kinetics/half-life. As far as ALCAR and PLCAR, I think most of the documented benefits are exclusive to those salts. For instance, the nootropic effect (acetate donation) of ALCAR and the cardioprotective effect (Propionyl-CoA elevation in cardiomyocytes) of PLCAR would be exclusive to those two forms.
    Well, I don't exactly agree - especially in terms of carioprotective effect. Standard LCAR has been studied actually and yields comparable results EXCEPT in needed times of overt ischemia (i.e. - acute MI); but really...the salt is less dependent on much outside of "timed need," which may or may not be expedited in some instances [The data is available; I just don't have time at present to offer a great retort outside of that unfortunately, but a simple search of Carnitine versus PLC would yield plenty of data]. I am absolutely convinced that the salt becomes less pertinent in a dose-dependent manner as well.

D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
    •   

4. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    Well, I don't exactly agree - especially in terms of carioprotective effect. Standard LCAR has been studied actually and yields comparable results EXCEPT in needed times of overt ischemia (i.e. - acute MI); but really...the salt is less dependent on much outside of "timed need," which may or may not be expedited in some instances [The data is available; I just don't have time at present to offer a great retort outside of that unfortunately, but a simple search of Carnitine versus PLC would yield plenty of data]. I am absolutely convinced that the salt becomes less pertinent in a dose-dependent manner as well.

D_
    I believe you're right, but would you not agree that the accelerated rate of carnitine entry into cardiomyocytes is dependent on PLCAR's ability to enter skeletal muscle directly, rather than needing prolonged administration (as with L-Car and LCLT).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    I actually think the studies show quite the contrary - the problem (at least in some people's eyes), they are all Romanian... and in Romania, its actually still classified a drug. Many supplements GROSSLY underdose the thing, but effective dosing is a minimum of 300mg (if not more) - but in individuals with decreased IGF-1, we've had great response with Humanofort monotherapy.

A company known as GEN used to have the best product dosed at 300mg...years later, Labrada picked it up and in the stand-alone, it was not remotely the same item as when I had used it in years previous out of GEN. Since the release of their HumanoGrowth, which I recently invested in (wary - to say the least) and over the course of the last 4 days - DOUBLE-DOSED mind you (so, 8 caps before bed)...I have had incredible sleep results and wake up feeling great (mind you, given my schedule - sleep is a hot commodity).

So, if the science fits...Humanofort should lead to an elevation of 17-ketosteroid levels in the adrenal gland (my DHEA levels were low on a recent blood draw and decreased DHEA and/or IGF-1 levels are met with increased cardiovascular disarray). In fact, Humanofort has shown to raise these levels by as much as 68%! Increased 17-ketosteroid levels will mean increased lipid metabolism and improved anabolism, through an elevation of androgens and a decrease in the catabolic hormone cortisol (which has been talked about a great deal in this and many other threads in this subforum). The documented antioxidant proprieties will also limit exercise-induced free radical damage to muscle tissue (again - let's re-visit the utility when we have spoken of oxidation and the like in this thread). In any event, I will do a full review when done with the Labrada product - but again, double-dosed, so we are talking only a 15-day trial...but I would be happy to invest in it - even at the cost of the product for 15 day cycles IF it actually works; I will follow up with blood work too btw on my DHEA levels and any impact to adrenal steroids...stay tuned.

1. Effects of Oral Administered Humanofort on Steroid Hormones Level and on Oxidative Stress” by Prof. Gh. Mihaescu, T. Stoica, F. Oancea, Medicine Pharmacy University „Carol Davila” Bucharest, Romania

2. Oxidative Stress decrease in Old Age Patients Treated with Drugs Containing Embryonic Peptides Gh. Mihaescu, O. Mihaescu, I. Mihaescu, National Institute for Geriatrics and Gerontology „Ana Aslan”, Bucharest, Romania

3. Clinical Trial of Humanofort Effect on Overweight Endocrinology Institute „C. I. Parhon” Bucharest, Romania

D_
    Bumpin' for Dr. Houser
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

finally finished reading this whole thread, now i'm yearning for a top 15 or top 20...
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.

These supplements should be included on my top 10 list: immune support, krill oil, chlorella, coq10 and vitamin b12.
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by wandagustov
    These supplements should be included on my top 10 list: immune support, krill oil, chlorella, coq10 and vitamin b12.
    Krill? Why? From what i've read thus far, you're better off sticking with fish oil.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  9. New Member

Dr,

Should we worry about getting too much folic acid as a result of taking a B Complex? Ergo-log just posted a study saying getting too much folate can promote cancer. Thanks for your help.
  10. New Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    Dr,

Should we worry about getting too much folic acid as a result of taking a B Complex? Ergo-log just posted a study saying getting too much folate can promote cancer. Thanks for your help.
    Do you have a link to that post?
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjackcat View Post
    Do you have a link to that post?
    http://www.ergo-log.com/withholding-...te-cancer.html

Solid N=1.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.

Excess Folic acid, being a synthetic form of folate, can be problematic for some people. Depends how well their body does at converting it to l-methylfolate. Seeing as how in the USA a lot of foods are fortified with it, I personally avoid it in any supplements. If I were to supplement folate I would use 5-mthf
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by broons View Post
    Excess Folic acid, being a synthetic form of folate, can be problematic for some people. Depends how well their body does at converting it to l-methylfolate. Seeing as how in the USA a lot of foods are fortified with it, I personally avoid it in any supplements. If I were to supplement folate I would use 5-mtfh.
    Jarow's B-Right FTW!
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.

Specifically something like metafolin, extrafolate-s or maybe quatrefolic which is the s-isomer. There is still a question afaik on whether the r-isomer or the racemic mixture could possibly be detrimental. If anyone knows of any further data shedding light on the isomers, please let us know.
  15. New Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Thanks for the link.
  16. New Member

Currently taking AOR's Advanced B Complex. Guess I should switch over to Jarrow's B-Right. Thanks.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    Currently taking AOR's Advanced B Complex. Guess I should switch over to Jarrow's B-Right. Thanks.
    No need, that's a phenomenal B-complex.
  18. New Member

Thanks. Just realized it uses the form you suggest anyways. Appreciate the info.
  19. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Double post deleted
  20. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Was not aware MAN was making a new product besides the Nolva one. What's it advertised to do?

I would not concern yourself with free radicals induced my carnitine pro-oxidation. That effect was documented at the 6 month stage (though it may have occurred sooner).

LCLT - 2g preworkout
    PLCAR - 2g preworkout or upon rising
    ALCAR - 2g preworkout or upon rising

I personally take PLCAR at 2g preworkout only and and ALCAR at 2g both preworkout and on off days. When I have LCLT, I use about 3g preworkout.

Do them all on empty unless you're trying to elevate muscle carnitine (which should NOT be your goal unless you are wealthy).
    I am taking ALCAR, PLCAR and LCLT (each at 2 Gr/day), Beta Alanine (4 Gr/day), Taurine (2 Gr/day), Tyrosine (1 Gr/day), AAKG, ALA (600 Mg/day), and Cittruline Malate (6 Gr/day), and I would like to add Inositol, IP-6, TMG and Choline Citrate. For those most informed, can you please suggest daily amounts of Inositol, IP-6, TMG and Choline Citrate?

Thanks
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.

Anybody ever tried Karbolyn?
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Idk if this has been asked, but how do you feel about something like Green Vibrance (greens, probiotics, etc)? Ingredient profile below:

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 12 grams
    Servings per Container: 30
    Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
    Total Fat .77gr 1.2
    Saturated .18gr .9
    Trans Fat 0gr
    Polyunsaturated .44gr
    Monounsaturated .12gr
    Cholesterol 0gr 0
    Sodium 46.7gr 1.9
    Potassium 203mg 5.8
    Total Carbohydrate 6.9gr 2.3
    Dietary Fiber 2.82gr 11.3
    Sugars 1.54gr
    Protein 2.63gr
    Vitamin A 4764IU 95.3
    Vitamin C 45.5mg 75.8
    Calcium 156mg 15.6
    Magnesium 27mg 6.8
    Iron 3.74mg 20.8
    Vitamin B12 2.66mcg 44.4
    Vitamin K 124 mcg 154.5
    Nutrient Dense Plant Concentrates
    -Spirulina 1500mg
    -Wheat grass juice powder 990mg
    -Alfalfa grass juice powder 570mg
    -Barley grass juice powder 570mg
    -Oat grass juice powder 570mg
    -Hydrilla Verticillata 500mg
    -Alfalfa sprout powder 440mg
    -Beet juice powder 300mg
    -Chlorella, soft cell, pharmaceutical grade 300mg
    -Parsley powder, freeze dried 250mg
    -Zucchini powder, freeze dried 250mg
    -Carrot root powder 200mg
    -Green bean powder, freeze dried 120mg
    -Broccoli sprout powder 100mg
    -Spinach leaf powder, freeze dried 100mg
    -Kamut grass juice powder 80mg
    Sea Vegetable Complex
    -Kelp 200mg
    -Alaria 100mg
    -Laver 100mg
    -Rockweed 50mg
    Cell Membrane & Nerve Support
    -Soy lecithin powder 98% oil-free 750mg
    High Fiber Foods & Prebiotics
    -Larch arabinogalactans 600mg
    -Fructo-oligosaccharides 600mg
    -Stabilized brown rice bran 500mg
    -Whole apple powder 400mg
    -Milled Flaxseed concentrate 200mg
    Antioxidants & Circulatory Support
    -Vitamin E 100IU 333
    -Acerola berry juice powder, 25% natural vitamin C 200mg
    -Ginkgo bilboa extract 20mg
    -Green tea standardized extract 20mg
    -Green seed standardized extract 20mg
    -Pomegranate extract 20mg
    -Policosanol 5mg
    Antioxidants & Liver Support
    -Tamarind juice and pulp powder 100mg
    -Silymarin milk thistle extract, 80% silybin 60mg
    -Carrot root extract 4:1 50mg
    -Chicory root extract 4:1 50mg
    -Dandelion root extract 4:1 50mg
    -Chicory root powder 25mg
    -Gentian root extract 4:1 15mg
    Adaptogens
    -Schizandra berry extract, 2% schizandrin 150mg
    -Eleutherococcus senticosus root extract, 0.8% eleutherosides 80mg
    -Suma root extract 60mg
    Immune Support
    -Astragalus membranaceus extract 60mg
    -Larch arabinogalactans 30mg
    -Beta 1,3 - 1,6 glucans 30mg
    12 Dairy-Free Probiotic Cultures
    -Lactobacillus acidophilus HA-122 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-111 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus rhamnosus B HA-114 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus paracasei HA-108 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus plantarum HA-119 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus helveticus HA-128 0.5 bill
    -Bifidobacterium breve HA-129 2.5 bill
    -Bifidobacterium longum HA-135 2.5 bill
    -Bifidobacterium bifidum HA-132 1.25 bil
    -Lactococcus lactis HA-136 2.5 bill
    -Propionibacterium shermanii HA-182 2.5 bill
    -Streptococcus thermophilus HA-110 0.75 bil
    Enzyme Complex
    -Protease 4.5 110HUT
    -Protease 6.0 110HUT
    -Lipase 150 FCCL
    -Amylase 6DU
    -Invertase 1SU
    -Cellulase 7CU
    Skeletal Support
    -Vitamin D3 1000IU 250
    -Phyto-Boron 3mg
    Fortifying Phyto-Minerals
    -Phyto-Chromium 80mcg 67
    -Phyto-Selenium from Orgen-SE mustard seed extract 50mcg 71.4
    Tonics
    -Ginger root powder 20mg
    -Cayenne pepper powder 2mg
    Palatability Factor
    -Concord grape juice, freeze dried, Kosher 210mg
  23. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

What is a good dosage for CoQ10?. I see varying opinions depending on what its "used for". I think I may get a bottle of 100mg caps when I have the money and maybe make it a "staple" of mine.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Is melatonin a good staple I feel it works for me but hard to find enough info on it for ergogenic purposes other than deep restive sleep on demand any help here with info??
  25. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What is a good dosage for CoQ10?. I see varying opinions depending on what its "used for". I think I may get a bottle of 100mg caps when I have the money and maybe make it a "staple" of mine.
    400mg for athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by sugardaddy69 View Post
    Is melatonin a good staple I feel it works for me but hard to find enough info on it for ergogenic purposes other than deep restive sleep on demand any help here with info??
    It's a nice antioxidant and it can normalize sleep cycles. Use at doses of 250mcg-1mg.
  26. Diamond Member

400mg for athletes.

So am I better off just getting 400mg caps and taking once a day or getting a smaller dosage and taking several times a day?. Or does it matter much?
  27. Diamond Member

So am I better off just getting 400mg caps and taking once a day or getting a smaller dosage and taking several times a day?. Or does it matter much?
    Not a terribly large deal, just take it with a fatty meal. I take one 400mg cap in the AM with some buttered eggs.
  28. Diamond Member

Not a terribly large deal, just take it with a fatty meal. I take one 400mg cap in the AM with some buttered eggs.

Cool. 400mg once a day would be easier anyway.
  29. Diamond Member

And cheaper. Coq10 is quite pricey.
  30. Diamond Member

Yeah, I've been looking to phase out a lot of ergogenic type supplements and just keep basic health type supplements. Also cutting down on protein drinks and just drink them every few days or so. Gotta cut costs.
  31. Diamond Member

Also I've been going back and fourth in my mind wondering about Vitamin D3 supplementation. It just seems way too hyped lately. I could just go ahead and get some and start using it but I don't really think that is safe. Never been tested for it and none of my doctors have ever suggested getting tested. I say "doctors" because I've switched doctors several times in the past year because I have not been happy with my physician. They always seem to rush me out and I'm never given the opportunity to ask questions.
  32. Diamond Member

Also I've been going back and fourth in my mind wondering about Vitamin D3 supplementation. It just seems way too hyped lately. I could just go ahead and get some and start using it but I don't really think that is safe. Never been tested for it and none of my doctors have ever suggested getting tested. I say "doctors" because I've switched doctors several times in the past year because I have not been happy with my physician. They always seem to rush me out and I'm never given the opportunity to ask questions.
    Use vitamin D3. What is unsafe about supplemental D3? Your body synthesizes far higher amounts via sunlight exposure than any supplement could provide. There is a toxicity study on D3 showing symptoms after ingestion of several million IUs of D3 DAILY for months (no typos).
  33. Diamond Member

Use vitamin D3. What is unsafe about supplemental D3? Your body synthesizes far higher amounts via sunlight exposure than any supplement could provide. There is a toxicity study on D3 showing symptoms after ingestion of several million IUs of D3 DAILY for months (no typos).

I've read that Vitamin D3 can cause a deficiency in Vitamin K.
  34. Diamond Member

35. Diamond Member

Again, you would need to consume like 20 bottles of vitamin D pills daily to reach those toxic levels.
  36. Diamond Member

Again, you would need to consume like 20 bottles of vitamin D pills daily to reach those toxic levels.
    Ok I will try supplementing with D3.
  37. mw1
    Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cool. 400mg once a day would be easier anyway.
    Thats what i was thinking. Several years ago i tried using Coq10 and SAMe regularly ~ the excessive costs outweighed the benefits for myself

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  38. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Thats what i was thinking. Several years ago i tried using Coq10 and SAMe regularly ~ the excessive costs outweighed the benefits for myself

It depends. If you stop spending money on a lot of unnecessary supplements and just use health type basic supplements I think it is affordable. It's not affordable for me now, but once I catch up on bills and rent....That is, IF I catch up then I will budget for it because it does have many benefits that I think are much more important than supplements that are just for ergogenic value.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Coop do you have any input on whether a greens supplement like I posted above is worth the cost? I think Green Vibrance runs about $50-$55 for a 60 day supply and has one of the most extensive profiles I've seen.
  40. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    Coop do you have any input on whether a greens supplement like I posted above is worth the cost? I think Green Vibrance runs about $50-$55 for a 60 day supply and has one of the most extensive profiles I've seen.
    I don't think it's worth it unless your diet is very deficient in mixed vegetables.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 01:14 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 12:44 AM
  3. Fish Supplements Fish Supplements Are Not All Equal
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:25 AM