Top 10 Supplements

Page 8 of 17 First ... 678910 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    If you are getting a B-Complex, the best on the market is AOR B-Complex. For those who want a cheaper alternative that is still effective, get Jarrow B-Right (I use this one).
    Hey cooper, check out the source naturals one I posted... seems like a happy medium b/w AOR and Jarrow. What do you think about the sublingual delivery?
    :blindfold:


  2. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post

    Jarrow Formulas, B-Right, 100 Veggie Caps 4/day for 25 days @ 11$
    just found this for 8.50. Im stoked.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I love selenium but I have to disagree with a 400mcg dose:

    Dietary Selenium Intake Modulates Thyroid Hormone and Energy Metabolism in Men (weight gain at high doses)
    Effects of Long-Term Selenium Supplementation on the Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes (methodoligically flawed IMO, but still worth noting)

    Any particular reason for exceeding 200mcg?
    Bump for response, I was curious on the first link especially.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  4. Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    just found this for 8.50. Im stoked.
    What's it w/ shipping? the place for 11 was free shipping over 20$.
    :blindfold:

  5. $5 flat rate shipping, but i intend on buying the following from there also (very reputable company...think v)

    vitamin c (500mg)
    Zinc
    magnesiuim
    cinnamon
    selenium
    maybe some cucurmin.

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    What's it w/ shipping? the place for 11 was free shipping over 20$.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Hey cooper, check out the source naturals one I posted... seems like a happy medium b/w AOR and Jarrow. What do you think about the sublingual delivery?
    Wow I had the thread open for a while before posting so I never realized that you basically posted the exact same thing before me .

    The source naturals product looks solid, and I suspect that the sublingual delivery will aid particularly with the b-12, as oral bioavailability isn't the best and instrinsic factor is limiting.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Wow I had the thread open for a while before posting so I never realized that you basically posted the exact same thing before me .

    The source naturals product looks solid, and I suspect that the sublingual delivery will aid particularly with the b-12, as oral bioavailability isn't the best and instrinsic factor is limiting.
    Sweet, replacing my old one (thorne research basic b) with this. Better profile and price point.
    :blindfold:
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Doc, I'm curious what your thoughts are on dosing any of these if you've had blood tests without dosing them that show levels at normal and/or optimal levels.

    I mainly ask about selenium, though I'm curious about magnesium, as well. I've had serum tests on both and they're both pretty much where I'd want to see them. However, I know there has always been debate from different doctors on proper ways to measure different things; i.e. is the best test urine, or blood or hair or saliva? And the reason I mention selenium is because I have Hashimoto's and I know adding in certain minerals can provide the opposite of the desired effect.

    If my blood work shows:

    Magnesium - 1.9mg/dL (ref: 1.8 - 2.5)
    Selenium - 151 ug/L (ref: 23-190)
    Zinc - 91 ug/dL (ref 60-120)

    What are your thoughts (as these levels are only from what I obtain via diet and a multi-vitamin)?

  9. RBC test for zinc and magnesium, not serum.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  10. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    6. L-carnitine (all forms, but LOVE LCLT/PLC/ALCAR combo);


    * Would prefer about 2 grams of each; all forms have a different tissue predilection.
    Dr. Houser,

    What are your thoughts on the following study

    PubMed Abstract
    Full Text

    It seems convention has been not to combine the two. Yet you recommend a combination of the 3. With recent consideration to add the carnitines to my daily regimine, I am curious of your thoughts on the matter.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  11. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Dr. Houser,

    What are your thoughts on the following study

    PubMed Abstract
    Full Text

    It seems convention has been not to combine the two. Yet you recommend a combination of the 3. With recent consideration to add the carnitines to my daily regimine, I am curious of your thoughts on the matter.
    def in for response on this.
    :blindfold:

  12. Also, if you could I would be interested in your thoughts on supplementing with Choline in conjunction with Carnitine supplements. For reference:

    Abstract
    Full Text (Warning: PDF)
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  13. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Dr. Houser,

    What are your thoughts on the following study

    PubMed Abstract
    Full Text

    It seems convention has been not to combine the two. Yet you recommend a combination of the 3. With recent consideration to add the carnitines to my daily regimine, I am curious of your thoughts on the matter.
    I just posted that a couple days ago in another thread.. Thanks for the full paper

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Also, if you could I would be interested in your thoughts on supplementing with Choline in conjunction with Carnitine supplements. For reference:

    Abstract
    Full Text (Warning: PDF)
    And another one - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7616311/

    And this one seems to suggest that the combination of carnitine and choline would be a nice combination for fat loss

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12514272/
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  14. I do remember Wes Silveria (ironaddict) was a big proponent of Choline/Inositol combo, as they worked synergistically

  15. I take ginger and R-ALA every day. Are they far from making to the top10 list?

  16. Sub'd for answers to HereToStudy's posts.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by keyser View Post
    I take ginger and R-ALA every day. Are they far from making to the top10 list?
    Make it Na-R-ALA and it's on my top 10 list.
  18. Thumbs up "B Complex" is Best One


    I would like to go with “B Complex” because its organically present is many foods and vegetables. Today several supplements are available in market but very few are good and can complete your needs of vitamins and minerals.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Welcome to AM!

    Just to give you a heads up, you can't post site names other than sponsors here. You can talk about non-sponsored items/products just don't mention the name of where you bought them in a post.
    ok my bad thanks man

  20. 1. fish oil
    2. ubiquinol
    3. vit C or ascorbyl palmitate
    4. resveratrol
    5. Rainbow lite men's multi
    6. natural beta carotinoid mix
    7. zinc
    8. magnesium
    9. potassium bicarbonate
    10. beta alanine, choline, and or ALCAR-fumarate generally in rotation and not all at once.

    11. HCG, lol

  21. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    1. fish oil
    2. ubiquinol
    3. vit C or ascorbyl palmitate
    4. resveratrol
    5. Rainbow lite men's multi
    6. natural beta carotinoid mix
    7. zinc
    8. magnesium
    9. potassium bicarbonate
    10. beta alanine, choline, and or ALCAR-fumarate generally in rotation and not all at once.

    11. HCG, lol
    Any specific reason for not using Beta Alanine and ALCAR at the same time? Just curious because I am currently supplementing with both.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Jordinator View Post
    Any specific reason for not using Beta Alanine and ALCAR at the same time? Just curious because I am currently supplementing with both.
    There is no reason. In fact, I encourage combining alcar with choline. Beta-alanine is a staple regardless.

  23. Dr, really enjoyed reading your posts over the years.

    Not sure if this has been addressed so apologies if I have missed it. Im really looking for your optimal dosing of ala , agmatine and l-carnitine through out the day. ( ideally for body composition purposes)

    Thanks

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    Dr, really enjoyed reading your posts over the years.

    Not sure if this has been addressed so apologies if I have missed it. Im really looking for your optimal dosing of ala , agmatine and l-carnitine through out the day. ( ideally for body composition purposes)

    Thanks
    300-600mg of R-ALA (hopefully salt stabilized).
    750mg-1g agmatine.
    2g of carnitine.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by keyser
    I take ginger and R-ALA every day. Are they far from making to the top10 list?
    Ginger is a nice natural chemoprotectant
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 02:14 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 01:44 AM
  3. Fish Supplements Fish Supplements Are Not All Equal
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
  4. Bodybuilding Supplements Vs Antiaging Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
  5. help with supplements
    By jlyon5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Log in
Log in