Top 10 Supplements
- 02-16-2012, 04:10 PM
- 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
02-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.
02-16-2012, 08:02 PM
02-25-2012, 04:54 PM
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
02-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Top ten supplements
Cinnamon extract for glucose levels
Detox every 6 months (not exactly a supplement but still important to health)
Other supplements I take but not my top 10...
White flood preworkout
OxyElite (need to find a diff one that doesn't make my sugar crash 20min later with each dose)
PowerFull (not impressed with it. Looking to switch after I finish this cycle)
02-27-2012, 02:32 PM
My favorites are very similar to everyone else, mostly stuff I take pre workout
1. Beta Alanine 2-4g
2. 1,3 DMAA 50mg
3. Creatine Mono 5g
3. Caffeine anhydrous 200mg
4. Aljpure BCAAs 5g
5. 100% Whey protein (post workout) and before bed
I buy most of these in pure bulk powders from online stores, I get my DMAA from buypuredmaa.com and my other stuff from truenutrition.com or purebulk, its cheaper and lasts a lot longer and I know exactly what im getting
Some of my favorite pre made stuff has been Jack3d pre workout, myozene post, and animal mstak
02-27-2012, 02:57 PM
02-27-2012, 05:59 PM
What about your rhodiola dosing? I used to take it before bed and upon wakening to help with cortisol spikes.
02-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Wonder if creatinol-o-phosphate might make it to the top10 list? Too bad getting the real thing is impossible right now.
02-27-2012, 09:33 PM
My preferred dosing...
* 400 mcg of selenomethionine daily for adequate prevention of deficiency with male effects ranging from proper thyroid function to ensuring ideal fertility.
9. Creatine (MCC or Creatine Orotate preferred)
* 2.5- 5 grams of combined creatine salts per day for the average 200-lb. bodybuilder and dependent upon activity level alongside body composition.
* I was not kidding earlier in the thread when I said – as much as you can feasibly afford. If not a low-carb advocate, the expression “sprinkle it on your corn flakes” may be appropriate.
7. Magnesium (100s of enzymatic processes in the body);
* This is one which will depend upon the salt used. In other words – magnesium orotate has wonderful bioavailability but the orotic acid molecule is very large limiting the amount of elemental magnesium you get. If using something more common like magnesium oxide, you are talking about 2 oxygen molecules limiting the amount of elemental magensium to a much lighter degree. Magnesium oxide is our standardizing molecule where we would use about 400 mg per day to ensure adequate amounts, whereas magnesium orotate is about double this. Most other magnesium salts fall somewhere between the two.
Keep in mind this general rule of thumb when shopping for magnesium, the lower the amount of elemental magnesium, the higher the level of bioavailability (there are a few exceptions to this BUT that generally holds true).
6. L-carnitine (all forms, but LOVE LCLT/PLC/ALCAR combo);
* Would prefer about 2 grams of each; all forms have a different tissue predilection.
5. Leucine (NOT all BCAAs; leucine alone is overlooked and the only sole ketogenic BCAA);
* 25% your total amino acid pool for Maximum Muscle Protein Synthesis; if you need more info (and I mean really need more) – see the BCAA Discussion Thread.
4. Beta-alanine (has supplanted creatine as the true necessity when it comes to anti-oxidant prowess and ergogenic value...its unmatched);
* 3.2 grams or some rough estimate that hits the study mark.
3. CoQ10 (multi-function strikes again - can change type I muscle fibers to type IIs; can protect the heart; act as an antioxidant, etc...);
* Minimum 200mg-1000mg Ubiquinone / 100-500mg Ubiquinol
2. Vitamins C and D (Vit C at 500 mg with EVERY meal through the day; even eating is an oxidative process. NO MORE than 500mg so abort pills that contain 1000 mg or whatever...they actually turn PRO-oxidant. Also, Vit C is vital at promoting collagen resynthesis. Vitamin D. What can I say? Actually, what can I not?);
* Vitamin C – 500mg with every meal except pre- and post-workout meals
* Vitamin D – 2000-12,000 IU dependent upon multiple factors
1. B Complex (not flashy and can be taken with Vit C at all meals, but given its multitude of functions and co-factor offering, I wouldn't dream of going without it).
* Co-factor form preferred, roughly 3-4 evenly-spaced doses throughout the day.
Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
02-27-2012, 09:34 PM
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I love selenium but I have to disagree with a 400mcg dose:
Dietary Selenium Intake Modulates Thyroid Hormone and Energy Metabolism in Men (weight gain at high doses)
Effects of Long-Term Selenium Supplementation on the Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes (methodoligically flawed IMO, but still worth noting)
Any particular reason for exceeding 200mcg?
02-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Very interesting list. I never heard about the COq10/Ubiq changing muscle fiber types. Good info all around. Happy I have been seeing lately what you say about Vit C.
02-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I've been waiting on the list.
Are those doses independent of how much you get from food or total?
Seems like an obvious answer but my assumptions suck.
02-28-2012, 12:16 AM
yes...very nicely done Doc. Im thinking about dropping the multi thing and going with the above mentioned in the appropriate amounts. Already take many of these, but going to stop taking the vit c (1g doses).
I already take the following:
LCLT / ALCAR / GPLC
Leucine (5g preworkout ...5g PWO)
Just been doing research on curcumin and ive gotta find a good place to buy this stuff in bulk. Too many good things from curcumin for someone not to take it.
again , thanks
02-28-2012, 01:29 AM
02-28-2012, 02:26 AM
02-28-2012, 03:46 AM
02-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Good then I'm pretty much set for supps besides my preworkouts here and there... BUT I need a good Co-enzyme B complex. REPS for quality suggestions (no reps for duplicates).
Ubiquininol 200mg/day *may up it to 400mg in the future
MCC and/or creatine nitrate 3-5g/day
ZMK (MST) 200mcg selenium + 500mg magnesium
ALCAR/LCLT/GPLC/PLCAR 6g/day I started to rotate between all these with 1 month breaks after two months on
Ajipure L-Leucine 10g+/day 6g postworkout w/40g isolate and the rest with a shake during the day. Plan on capping some to take with meals
Buffered Vit C (now foods) have to cap it myself soon but been using here and there but not near workout.
Beta-alanine/ COP Gonna rotate between the two. Cycling on and off... 2months on 1 off.
*need to pick up new B complex Open to suggestions
Not starting curcumin yet...
Lovaza (4g) and Neptune Krill Oil (500mg-1g).
02-28-2012, 09:15 AM
02-28-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure of the all the rules w outside sources yet. I know NOW is in a board sponsor's inventory but...
02-28-2012, 09:47 AM
the ones I like so far
Source Naturals, Coenzymate B Complex, Orange Flavored Sublingual, 60 Tablets 3/day for 20 days @ 13$
Jarrow Formulas, B-Right, 100 Veggie Caps 4/day for 25 days @ 11$
AOR Advanced b complex (kinda pricey) 3/day for 30days @ 27$
The source naturals seems legit might have to try that one to start out. Let me know if there's better quality without being crazy $$.
Last edited by monstermash; 02-28-2012 at 10:17 AM.
02-28-2012, 09:56 AM
If you are getting a B-Complex, the best on the market is AOR B-Complex. For those who want a cheaper alternative that is still effective, get Jarrow B-Right (I use this one).
02-28-2012, 10:22 AM
02-28-2012, 11:13 AM
02-28-2012, 11:29 AM
02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
02-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By rmborra in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2011, 03:14 AM
- By Delta Force in forum General ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
- By David Dunn in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
- By David Dunn in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
- By jlyon5 in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 01-11-2007, 07:11 PM