Top 10 Supplements

Page 6 of 17 First ... 45678 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Blergs
    1) protine powder
    2) creatine
    3) multi-vitamin/M
    4)fishoil or flax oil
    5) taurine
    6) ALCAR
    7) Need2slin
    8) T911
    9) caffine
    10) Kava Kava
    Not a big fan of most multis. Many of them are either overdosed on some things, underdosed or in alot of cases, both. To me, it makes more sense to use a tool like cron-o-meter to assess my daily intake of nutrients and supplement accordingly.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine4PWO View Post
    2. For Curcumin, can you recommend a supplement? I was looking in to Vitacost's Turmeric Extract Curcumin C3 Complex with Bioperine..
    FWIW - they have a different product that contains 900mg extract + 5mg Bioperine per single capsule serving: NSI 3005024. Also worth checking is Doctor's Best: DOC 0001954. I've already gone through the same one that you've looked at, so when it was time to get more, I ended up getting the Doctor's Best variant. It also pays to check online for coupons, because these start to get pricey.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by counterspy View Post
    FWIW - they have a different product that contains 900mg extract + 5mg Bioperine per single capsule serving: NSI 3005024. Also worth checking is Doctor's Best: DOC 0001954. I've already gone through the same one that you've looked at, so when it was time to get more, I ended up getting the Doctor's Best variant. It also pays to check online for coupons, because these start to get pricey.
    thanks a lot! ill look into it

  4. Swanson also has an excellent product

  5. Dana,

    Curious as to which mineral product you have been recommending since CMZ is no longer available.
    •   
       


  6. 1. Fish oil
    2. Vitamin D
    3. Curcumin
    4. Micellar Casein
    5. zma
    6. multivitamin
    7. Digestive enzymes
    8. beta-alanine
    9. creatine
    10. L-carnitine (injectable)

  7. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Curious to know if Idebenone is the best overall form of CoQ10 (I've read somewhere it can't flip to a pro-oxidant? and how much would you recommend for a 250-225lb athlete.
    Check out Mito-Q

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17642004

  8. Quote Originally Posted by psimonkey View Post
    Thanks, I'm going to read up on it today. Is this available for purchase or is it a research chem?
    :blindfold:

  9. Assuming an imperfect diet such as my own, and in no particular order:

    1. Fish Oil
    2. D3
    3. MCC
    4. Beta-alanine
    5. Caffeine (stimulants are exceptionally useful)
    6. Green Tea Extract + vit. C (yes weak evidence for estrogenic effects, yes poor oral bioavailability...and yes, fantastic antioxidant effects that positively affect a number of growing health concerns)
    7. Curcumin (EXTREMELY anti-carcinogenic. low oral bioavailability means higher doses, piperine, etc)
    8. Cissus Quadrangularis (overall health benefits + joint/connective tissue support)
    9. ALCAR + choline source (obviously cycle off, but the benefits are profound, especially when stacked with #10)
    10. Na-R-ALA (antioxidant, GDA, I can go on...)

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Assuming an imperfect diet such as my own, and in no particular order:

    1. Fish Oil
    2. D3
    3. MCC
    4. Beta-alanine
    5. Caffeine (stimulants are exceptionally useful)
    6. Green Tea Extract + vit. C (yes weak evidence for estrogenic effects, yes poor oral bioavailability...and yes, fantastic antioxidant effects that positively affect a number of growing health concerns)
    7. Curcumin (EXTREMELY anti-carcinogenic. low oral bioavailability means higher doses, piperine, etc)
    8. Cissus Quadrangularis (overall health benefits + joint/connective tissue support)
    9. ALCAR + choline source (obviously cycle off, but the benefits are profound, especially when stacked with #10)
    10. Na-R-ALA (antioxidant, GDA, I can go on...)
    Nice. I love those as well. Cept mcc and d3 i am unfamiliar with unless that's vitamin d3?
    RecoverBro ELITE

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Nice. I love those as well. Cept mcc and d3 i am unfamiliar with unless that's vitamin d3?
    Correct, Vitamin D3. MCC = Magnesium Creatine Chelate.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Assuming an imperfect diet such as my own, and in no particular order:

    1. Fish Oil
    2. D3
    3. MCC
    4. Beta-alanine
    5. Caffeine (stimulants are exceptionally useful)
    6. Green Tea Extract + vit. C (yes weak evidence for estrogenic effects, yes poor oral bioavailability...and yes, fantastic antioxidant effects that positively affect a number of growing health concerns)
    7. Curcumin (EXTREMELY anti-carcinogenic. low oral bioavailability means higher doses, piperine, etc)
    8. Cissus Quadrangularis (overall health benefits + joint/connective tissue support)
    9. ALCAR + choline source (obviously cycle off, but the benefits are profound, especially when stacked with #10)
    10. Na-R-ALA (antioxidant, GDA, I can go on...)
    What is your dosage for curcumin and cissus?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    What is your dosage for curcumin and cissus?
    I personally don't use curcumin (I don't buy very many supplements), but it would have to be very high due to the bioavailability (unless you are fine with only your gut getting all the curcumin benefits lol). Cissus is great at 2-4g daily. I personally use USPlabs supercissus at 3.2g daily.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I personally don't use curcumin (I don't buy very many supplements), but it would have to be very high due to the bioavailability (unless you are fine with only your gut getting all the curcumin benefits lol). Cissus is great at 2-4g daily. I personally use USPlabs supercissus at 3.2g daily.
    So for the cissus, that's 4 pills then right? I'm taking them all at once.

    As far as the curcumin goes, I'm using Life Extension Super Bio-Curcumin. I'm guessing at 400mg per cap, the appropriate dosing range would be around 2g?

  15. I would still like to see the top 10 supps. the good Dr. is using with daily quantities. I've picked up bits and pieces, but a condensed version would be great.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    What is your dosage for curcumin and cissus?
    Im rocking upwards of 2g Super Bio Curc from LEF
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage

    Im rocking upwards of 2g Super Bio Curc from LEF
    Expensive habit there bud
    Always willing to learn :D

  18. I am going to try and put together the most economical list of supps meeting the criteria established with my top 10 supplements including doses...give me a few days for this though...


    D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

  19. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii
    I am going to try and put together the most economical list of supps meeting the criteria established with my top 10 supplements including doses...give me a few days for this though...

    D_
    Awesome! Looking forward to it.
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    I am going to try and put together the most economical list of supps meeting the criteria established with my top 10 supplements including doses...give me a few days for this though... D_
    Great idea, Doc!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii
    I am going to try and put together the most economical list of supps meeting the criteria established with my top 10 supplements including doses...give me a few days for this though...

    D_
    Can't wait!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Im rocking upwards of 2g Super Bio Curc from LEF
    So that's 5/day? How do you space it?

  23. tons of great info.....

  24. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post
    I am going to try and put together the most economical list of supps meeting the criteria established with my top 10 supplements including doses...give me a few days for this though...


    D_
    Definetly looking forward to this...

  25. Sounds like it could be a good read
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 02:14 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 01:44 AM
  3. Fish Supplements Fish Supplements Are Not All Equal
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 12:25 PM
  4. Bodybuilding Supplements Vs Antiaging Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
  5. help with supplements
    By jlyon5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Log in
Log in