Top 10 Supplements

Page 3 of 17 First 12345 ... Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Sub'd for more info and looking forward to hearing more doses used on these products/ingredients (minimum/maximum and optimal, along with timing).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

2. 8. Curcumin (anti-inflammatory/pro-testosterone, can be found in every guy's cupboard I hope...understand bioavailability is poor, so take more of it!!!!); How much ? Are we talking 1g p/d?

6. L-carnitine (all forms, but LOVE LCLT/PLC/ALCAR combo); I agree, I'll be honest the original form started leaning me out! I plan on taking 5g p/d.

5. Leucine (NOT all BCAAs; leucine alone is overlooked and the only sole ketogenic BCAA); Any info on timing?

3. CoQ10 (multi-function strikes again - can change type I muscle fibers to type IIs; can protect the heart; act as an antioxidant, etc...); This actual form, or the other form? How much should we take?

Thanks
    •   

3. Doc,

Where is augmatine in this list? MAN promotes it as the "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding supplements. I also know you have researched it extensively. I have tried it and I can't say it did much for me but I only used one bottle. It may need to be used for a longer period to exert it's overall effects. Moreover, it doesn't get a lot of love on the bodybuilding forums.

4. Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    8. Curcumin (anti-inflammatory/pro-testosterone, can be found in every guy's cupboard I hope...understand bioavailability is poor, so take more of it!!!!); How much ? Are we talking 1g p/d?

6. L-carnitine (all forms, but LOVE LCLT/PLC/ALCAR combo); I agree, I'll be honest the original form started leaning me out! I plan on taking 5g p/d.

5. Leucine (NOT all BCAAs; leucine alone is overlooked and the only sole ketogenic BCAA); Any info on timing?

3. CoQ10 (multi-function strikes again - can change type I muscle fibers to type IIs; can protect the heart; act as an antioxidant, etc...); This actual form, or the other form? How much should we take?

Thanks
    At least for the curcumin, dinoiii said as much as you can get should be your goal.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

5. OK my 10 would be

Vitamin C
    Resveratrol
    Fish oil
    B-Vits
    Lecithin
    Aniracetam
    Creatine
    Milk thistle
    Beta-alanine
    N-acetyl-cystiene
    •   

6. Dana,
    Should someone that is in a exclusively explosive sport avoid q10? Lets say a long drive golfer.. would it slow down his muscle fibers?

7. doc,
    wondering why so much b complex is suggested, as a former trainee under u i had to cut mine back to once or twice a day do to insomnia, and it hurting like hell to pee after a few days of taking b complex with every meal!

probably dont remember this but it was way too much fro me to take a b complex with every meal, kind of over use if u ask me?

also DAA gave me the WORST heartburn i have ever had in my life! had to drop it fast! why i ask?

also HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE/???:

3. CoQ10 (multi-function strikes again - can change type I muscle fibers to type IIs; can protect the heart; act as an antioxidant, etc...);

i was under the sumption that once your born with a muscle make up, that one COULD NOT CHANGE THEIR MUSCLE FIBER TYPES, but could learn to train them instead, i was not aware that ones genetics could change by a single supplement, at all!

IF THIS IS IN FACT A TRUTH, THEN THE FDA WILL HAVE A FIELD DAY WITH THIS, AND ALSO WE HAVE FOUND THE "MAGIC PILL!!!"

please do explain in laymans terms and non of that doctor type lingos, because i might throw in the flag on this one!

8. 11 dianabol - yes, there IS an 11th supplement!
    10 resveratrol and quercetin - resv = bulk powder. too many reasons to use it. querc = - too many reasons to use it, helps stuff like resveratrol work, cheap.
    9 lclt/alcar combo - bulk powders. too many reasons to use these
    8 green foods powder - chlorella, spirulina, veggies, mixed into a shake, usually post workout or pre-bed.
    using NOW green phytofoods atm...
    7 coq10, ala, sam-e/tmg, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, olive oil - tie!
    6 multimineral - using a NOW product, actually 1/2 daily dose, with 1/2 tab crushed and added to intra drink on wo days too. generating less than 1/4 the selenium recommended by d_. need to get a selenium supp in the mail asap!
    5 omega 3s - keep them in the fridge!
    4 coconut oil - outside and inside, good for you, helps absorption of phs and fat soluble stuffs, full of mct's (lauric acid, anyone?), antimicrobial, use on skin too mixed with other essential oils, cedar being one of my favorites.
    3 vitamins d and c - d = take 10,000iu/day through the winter, none in the summer with 2hours shirtless sun between 10 and 2:00/week, c = buffered with calcium and magnesium, not pre-workout.
    2 turmeric/curcumin - bulk powder, dump a few grams turmeric in natty choco whey shakes, add olive/coconut oil - tastes great!
    1 astaxanthin - 1 gram 1% bulk powder daily - after a couple weeks of this with curcumin, i was able to bench again after many years of heavy shoulder pain. now, 80-90% less pain doing these movements.

what i am taking away from this thread -
    focus on ingredients.
    get BACK on a cooenzyme b complex... dammit!
    get a BACK on a selenium SPECIFIC supplement... dammit!

9. Hey Dr.
    Any thoughts on a Tumeric Phytosome like Meriva?

10. Great info in here...Love it
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

11. Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    11 dianabol - yes, there IS an 11th supplement!
    10 resveratrol and quercetin - resv = bulk powder. too many reasons to use it. querc = - too many reasons to use it, helps stuff like resveratrol work, cheap.
    9 lclt/alcar combo - bulk powders. too many reasons to use these
    8 green foods powder - chlorella, spirulina, veggies, mixed into a shake, usually post workout or pre-bed.
    using NOW green phytofoods atm...
    7 coq10, ala, sam-e/tmg, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, olive oil - tie!
    6 multimineral - using a NOW product, actually 1/2 daily dose, with 1/2 tab crushed and added to intra drink on wo days too. generating less than 1/4 the selenium recommended by d_. need to get a selenium supp in the mail asap!
    5 omega 3s - keep them in the fridge!
    4 coconut oil - outside and inside, good for you, helps absorption of phs and fat soluble stuffs, full of mct's (lauric acid, anyone?), antimicrobial, use on skin too mixed with other essential oils, cedar being one of my favorites.
    3 vitamins d and c - d = take 10,000iu/day through the winter, none in the summer with 2hours shirtless sun between 10 and 2:00/week, c = buffered with calcium and magnesium, not pre-workout.
    2 turmeric/curcumin - bulk powder, dump a few grams turmeric in natty choco whey shakes, add olive/coconut oil - tastes great!
    1 astaxanthin - 1 gram 1% bulk powder daily - after a couple weeks of this with curcumin, i was able to bench again after many years of heavy shoulder pain. now, 80-90% less pain doing these movements.

what i am taking away from this thread -
    focus on ingredients.
    get BACK on a cooenzyme b complex... dammit!
    get a BACK on a selenium SPECIFIC supplement... dammit!
    Reps for the EVCO! I wouldnt even thought to add that and I use it just about everyday from cooking to shaving! Definitely a necessity for me!!
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

12. right on man!
    i shave with it too!
    i mix a few drops of cedar and/or sage oil in some coconut oil (extra virgin, yes, best smell and flavor) and slather the jawline.
    the razor GLIDES man! leaves the skin smooth, clean, and naturally resistant to infection, fungus, etc.
    thanks for the reps...
    feels good to be of the same mind with a man like yourself...

13. Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    right on man!
    i shave with it too!
    i mix a few drops of cedar and/or sage oil in some coconut oil (extra virgin, yes, best smell and flavor) and slather the jawline.
    the razor GLIDES man! leaves the skin smooth, clean, and naturally resistant to infection, fungus, etc.
    thanks for the reps...
    feels good to be of the same mind with a man like yourself...
    your from the lean bulk board right?
    PESCIENCE.COM

14. ...Shaving with EVCO? You gents are brilliant!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

15. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve
    ...Shaving with EVCO? You gents are brilliant!
    Wow I need to look into this

16. I seriously will never go back to shaving creams or gels. I might switch to some non virgin coconut oil though as EVCO starts to get expensive when you are using it for so many things daily
    PESCIENCE.COM

17. Hmm...I'm not even sure I have a "top 10" supplements lol. I personally believe that most of these things are gimmicks at best and the clinical studies done for the majority of these are too narrow or the test base is way too small to make accurate conclusions. With that said, here are my "staples" if you will...

Non-hormonal aka supporting supps:

4)Fish oils
    3)Coq-10
    2)Hawthorne Berry
    1)UDCA (low dose 250mg/day)

Hormonal Supps:

8)GHRP's [Ipa and (-2)]
    7)IGF-1
    6)PEG MGF-1
    5)Toco-8
    4)DAA
    3)Clomid
    2)Formestane/Exemestane
    1)Testosterone and it's derivatives

18. so whats the suggested dosing on Coq10 to achieve the mentioned results and what duration should that be attempted? constant?

19. Just ordered some Selenium, Curcumin, Magnesium, ALCAR, CoQ10, Vitamin C / D, and a B complex...feels nice to place an order that I know will directly benefit my health, and not just strictly performance/size blah blah.

Also grabbed some DAA, for my next stack I'm throwing together. Already have BA (Intraxcell), Omega3's (oximega), and creatine (Creatine RT).

This thread is definitely a step in the right direction, and it really hit home when Dana made a point that our goals for whichever sport we compete should in no way compete with the priority of our own health...and in fact they should be focused on cohesively in a sense.

Health = longevity
    Longevity = More time for success
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Just ordered some Selenium, Curcumin, Magnesium, ALCAR, CoQ10, Vitamin C / D, and a B complex...feels nice to place an order that I know will directly benefit my health, and not just strictly performance/size blah blah.

Also grabbed some DAA, for my next stack I'm throwing together. Already have BA (Intraxcell), Omega3's (oximega), and creatine (Creatine RT).

This thread is definitely a step in the right direction, and it really hit home when Dana made a point that our goals for whichever sport we compete should in no way compete with the priority of our own health...and in fact they should be focused on cohesively in a sense.

Health = longevity
    I'd like to make a similar order. I'm hoping the doc will weigh in on the doses and timing, still
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

21. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Just ordered some Selenium, Curcumin, Magnesium, ALCAR, CoQ10, Vitamin C / D, and a B complex...feels nice to place an order that I know will directly benefit my health, and not just strictly performance/size blah blah.

Health = longevity
    completely agree with you here!

I placed an order that looked very similar to that recently too
    RecoverBro ELITE

22. Interestingly enough, its the "unhealthy, steroid using, overweight meatheads" that have spot on health. Honestly, 3 years ago when I was naive and took OTC steroids for the first time was the best thing that happened to me. Because of this, in fear I made a strong effort to know everything about proper hormone manipulation as well as training routines and dieting. This lead to an acute awareness on my part about my body's health. I get bloods done regularly now and am able to keep tabs on all areas of my health which is far more than I can say about most individuals.

23. I'm gonna make some potent caps on custom capsule! CQ10 is expensive, esp if I dose it at 400mg? But I get a year's worth for $130. No one has chimed in about dosage!
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Sub'd for more info and looking forward to hearing more doses used on these products/ingredients (minimum/maximum and optimal, along with timing).
    Bump

25. My Top 10 Favs

1. Formula-X
    2. TitaniumXL/Division 1 combo
    3. Super Cissus
    4. Bulk P-slin
    5. Xtend
    6. Anabolic Ignite
    7. Anabeta
    8. Erase
    9. Caffeine
    10. HGHUP