Top 10 Supplements

Page 14 of 17 First ... 1213141516 ... Last

  1. finally finished reading this whole thread, now i'm yearning for a top 15 or top 20...


  2. These supplements should be included on my top 10 list: immune support, krill oil, chlorella, coq10 and vitamin b12.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by wandagustov
    These supplements should be included on my top 10 list: immune support, krill oil, chlorella, coq10 and vitamin b12.
    Krill? Why? From what i've read thus far, you're better off sticking with fish oil.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  4. Dr,

    Should we worry about getting too much folic acid as a result of taking a B Complex? Ergo-log just posted a study saying getting too much folate can promote cancer. Thanks for your help.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    Dr,

    Should we worry about getting too much folic acid as a result of taking a B Complex? Ergo-log just posted a study saying getting too much folate can promote cancer. Thanks for your help.
    Do you have a link to that post?
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by blackjackcat View Post
    Do you have a link to that post?
    http://www.ergo-log.com/withholding-...te-cancer.html

    Solid N=1.

  7. Excess Folic acid, being a synthetic form of folate, can be problematic for some people. Depends how well their body does at converting it to l-methylfolate. Seeing as how in the USA a lot of foods are fortified with it, I personally avoid it in any supplements. If I were to supplement folate I would use 5-mthf

  8. Quote Originally Posted by broons View Post
    Excess Folic acid, being a synthetic form of folate, can be problematic for some people. Depends how well their body does at converting it to l-methylfolate. Seeing as how in the USA a lot of foods are fortified with it, I personally avoid it in any supplements. If I were to supplement folate I would use 5-mtfh.
    Jarow's B-Right FTW!

  9. Specifically something like metafolin, extrafolate-s or maybe quatrefolic which is the s-isomer. There is still a question afaik on whether the r-isomer or the racemic mixture could possibly be detrimental. If anyone knows of any further data shedding light on the isomers, please let us know.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by aaronuconn View Post
    Thanks for the link.

  11. Currently taking AOR's Advanced B Complex. Guess I should switch over to Jarrow's B-Right. Thanks.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    Currently taking AOR's Advanced B Complex. Guess I should switch over to Jarrow's B-Right. Thanks.
    No need, that's a phenomenal B-complex.

  13. Thanks. Just realized it uses the form you suggest anyways. Appreciate the info.

  14. Double post deleted

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Was not aware MAN was making a new product besides the Nolva one. What's it advertised to do?



    I would not concern yourself with free radicals induced my carnitine pro-oxidation. That effect was documented at the 6 month stage (though it may have occurred sooner).

    LCLT - 2g preworkout
    PLCAR - 2g preworkout or upon rising
    ALCAR - 2g preworkout or upon rising

    I personally take PLCAR at 2g preworkout only and and ALCAR at 2g both preworkout and on off days. When I have LCLT, I use about 3g preworkout.

    Do them all on empty unless you're trying to elevate muscle carnitine (which should NOT be your goal unless you are wealthy).
    I am taking ALCAR, PLCAR and LCLT (each at 2 Gr/day), Beta Alanine (4 Gr/day), Taurine (2 Gr/day), Tyrosine (1 Gr/day), AAKG, ALA (600 Mg/day), and Cittruline Malate (6 Gr/day), and I would like to add Inositol, IP-6, TMG and Choline Citrate. For those most informed, can you please suggest daily amounts of Inositol, IP-6, TMG and Choline Citrate?

    Thanks

  16. Anybody ever tried Karbolyn?

  17. Idk if this has been asked, but how do you feel about something like Green Vibrance (greens, probiotics, etc)? Ingredient profile below:

    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 12 grams
    Servings per Container: 30
    Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
    Total Fat .77gr 1.2
    Saturated .18gr .9
    Trans Fat 0gr
    Polyunsaturated .44gr
    Monounsaturated .12gr
    Cholesterol 0gr 0
    Sodium 46.7gr 1.9
    Potassium 203mg 5.8
    Total Carbohydrate 6.9gr 2.3
    Dietary Fiber 2.82gr 11.3
    Sugars 1.54gr
    Protein 2.63gr
    Vitamin A 4764IU 95.3
    Vitamin C 45.5mg 75.8
    Calcium 156mg 15.6
    Magnesium 27mg 6.8
    Iron 3.74mg 20.8
    Vitamin B12 2.66mcg 44.4
    Vitamin K 124 mcg 154.5
    Nutrient Dense Plant Concentrates
    -Spirulina 1500mg
    -Wheat grass juice powder 990mg
    -Alfalfa grass juice powder 570mg
    -Barley grass juice powder 570mg
    -Oat grass juice powder 570mg
    -Hydrilla Verticillata 500mg
    -Alfalfa sprout powder 440mg
    -Beet juice powder 300mg
    -Chlorella, soft cell, pharmaceutical grade 300mg
    -Parsley powder, freeze dried 250mg
    -Zucchini powder, freeze dried 250mg
    -Carrot root powder 200mg
    -Green bean powder, freeze dried 120mg
    -Broccoli sprout powder 100mg
    -Spinach leaf powder, freeze dried 100mg
    -Kamut grass juice powder 80mg
    Sea Vegetable Complex
    -Kelp 200mg
    -Alaria 100mg
    -Laver 100mg
    -Rockweed 50mg
    Cell Membrane & Nerve Support
    -Soy lecithin powder 98% oil-free 750mg
    High Fiber Foods & Prebiotics
    -Larch arabinogalactans 600mg
    -Fructo-oligosaccharides 600mg
    -Stabilized brown rice bran 500mg
    -Whole apple powder 400mg
    -Milled Flaxseed concentrate 200mg
    Antioxidants & Circulatory Support
    -Vitamin E 100IU 333
    -Acerola berry juice powder, 25% natural vitamin C 200mg
    -Ginkgo bilboa extract 20mg
    -Green tea standardized extract 20mg
    -Green seed standardized extract 20mg
    -Pomegranate extract 20mg
    -Policosanol 5mg
    Antioxidants & Liver Support
    -Tamarind juice and pulp powder 100mg
    -Silymarin milk thistle extract, 80% silybin 60mg
    -Carrot root extract 4:1 50mg
    -Chicory root extract 4:1 50mg
    -Dandelion root extract 4:1 50mg
    -Chicory root powder 25mg
    -Gentian root extract 4:1 15mg
    Adaptogens
    -Schizandra berry extract, 2% schizandrin 150mg
    -Eleutherococcus senticosus root extract, 0.8% eleutherosides 80mg
    -Suma root extract 60mg
    Immune Support
    -Astragalus membranaceus extract 60mg
    -Larch arabinogalactans 30mg
    -Beta 1,3 - 1,6 glucans 30mg
    12 Dairy-Free Probiotic Cultures
    -Lactobacillus acidophilus HA-122 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-111 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus rhamnosus B HA-114 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus paracasei HA-108 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus plantarum HA-119 2.5 bill
    -Lactobacillus helveticus HA-128 0.5 bill
    -Bifidobacterium breve HA-129 2.5 bill
    -Bifidobacterium longum HA-135 2.5 bill
    -Bifidobacterium bifidum HA-132 1.25 bil
    -Lactococcus lactis HA-136 2.5 bill
    -Propionibacterium shermanii HA-182 2.5 bill
    -Streptococcus thermophilus HA-110 0.75 bil
    Enzyme Complex
    -Protease 4.5 110HUT
    -Protease 6.0 110HUT
    -Lipase 150 FCCL
    -Amylase 6DU
    -Invertase 1SU
    -Cellulase 7CU
    Skeletal Support
    -Vitamin D3 1000IU 250
    -Phyto-Boron 3mg
    Fortifying Phyto-Minerals
    -Phyto-Chromium 80mcg 67
    -Phyto-Selenium from Orgen-SE mustard seed extract 50mcg 71.4
    Tonics
    -Ginger root powder 20mg
    -Cayenne pepper powder 2mg
    Palatability Factor
    -Concord grape juice, freeze dried, Kosher 210mg

  18. What is a good dosage for CoQ10?. I see varying opinions depending on what its "used for". I think I may get a bottle of 100mg caps when I have the money and maybe make it a "staple" of mine.

  19. Is melatonin a good staple I feel it works for me but hard to find enough info on it for ergogenic purposes other than deep restive sleep on demand any help here with info??

  20. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What is a good dosage for CoQ10?. I see varying opinions depending on what its "used for". I think I may get a bottle of 100mg caps when I have the money and maybe make it a "staple" of mine.
    400mg for athletes.

    Quote Originally Posted by sugardaddy69 View Post
    Is melatonin a good staple I feel it works for me but hard to find enough info on it for ergogenic purposes other than deep restive sleep on demand any help here with info??
    It's a nice antioxidant and it can normalize sleep cycles. Use at doses of 250mcg-1mg.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    400mg for athletes.

    So am I better off just getting 400mg caps and taking once a day or getting a smaller dosage and taking several times a day?. Or does it matter much?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So am I better off just getting 400mg caps and taking once a day or getting a smaller dosage and taking several times a day?. Or does it matter much?
    Not a terribly large deal, just take it with a fatty meal. I take one 400mg cap in the AM with some buttered eggs.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Not a terribly large deal, just take it with a fatty meal. I take one 400mg cap in the AM with some buttered eggs.

    Cool. 400mg once a day would be easier anyway.

  24. And cheaper. Coq10 is quite pricey.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    And cheaper. Coq10 is quite pricey.
    Yeah, I've been looking to phase out a lot of ergogenic type supplements and just keep basic health type supplements. Also cutting down on protein drinks and just drink them every few days or so. Gotta cut costs.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 03:14 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
  3. Fish Supplements Fish Supplements Are Not All Equal
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
  4. Bodybuilding Supplements Vs Antiaging Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
  5. help with supplements
    By jlyon5 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Log in
Log in