PH/PS/DS/AAS and PCT

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    Has any scientific literature shown permanently damaged HPTAs from the use of anabolic androgenic steroids?
    Well, there is a literature piece from earlier this year suggesting maintained infertility (perhaps an indirect measure; I did cite it in the "Fertility" thread in this subforum) in the aftermath of use. I would only protest that it is time and dose dependent. How can we best understand these agents and take them in a way that would minimally impact us in the long-term; that's the true holy grail here. We do our best to minimize said effects (i.e. - adjunctive agents, PCT, etc...) and I am unsure we can do more.

You hear lots of anecdotal horror stories on the forums, but every piece of data I've read shows the hormone levels return to homeostasis, it can just take a long time (one study on deca took a year for recovery).
    And the average recovery actually is cited at about 22 months! Plan accordingly!

That said, in the above case - we're talking suppression still existent at 3 years! Not anecdote; but literature citation, if that's what we're using to best assess.

D_
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author

2. What are your thoughts on Bioidentical Testosterone Replacemnt Therapy as opposed to synthetic. My new Doc. switched me over about 3 months ago. I have read some interesting things about it on BodyLogic and other sites. I wuold love to hear your opinion.....
    •   

3. first off, let me just thank you for taking your time to answer our questions and help us out on these message boards.

i just wanted to ask a few specific questions. im planning on asking my doctor the same questions next time i have to see him, but always like to have a few different opinions (plus, ive got a high copay and dont want to have to pay to see him just to ask about steroids haha).

now, i know you dont condone or promote steroid use (im sure my doctor doesnt either, which is why im going to ask you just like i plan on asking him)... but.... after working out for 10 years, being at the point where i leave EVERYTHING in the gym, eat 5-7 meals a day, count calories, etc, etc, my gains have slowed down to the point where i honestly feel like im approaching my natural peak (i have a very small frame for someone my height, so 6'2-6'3 210 isnt quite as small as it sounds on paper lol). with that said, there is a very good chance i will turn to anabolics within the next couple of years, after trying a few last ditch efforts on anabeta, erase, daa and a few other newer supps, but want to be as safe as possible.

the problem is, i have anxiety, and take citalopram for it (ive worked my way from 40mg at one point, down to 5mg where i am now, but just cant seem to come off the damn stuff altogether). also, at one point my blood pressure was around 140-145/85-90, but now sits in the 120's/70-80's.

i was under the assumption that the the androseries was kind of a 'break through' in anabolics, where the side effects or risks are VERY minimal (however, they also yield more 'minimal' gains than harsher compounds, which i figured was the trade off).

i was just wondering what kind of SPECIFIC long term effects you were speaking of may apply to someone like myself, a 25 year old who eats fairly clean (find it hard sometimes to get over 3000 calories a day clean though), and whether my medication, blood pressure or anxiety would be affected by either the steroid or a serm. i spoke to a couple of pharmacists who told me nolvadex is pretty light on sides, and i shouldnt have a problem with it, but they were unfamiliar with stuff like torem.

lastly, if someone is dead set on using something, in your opinion, would it be better to 'be the guinea pig' with something thats SUPPOSED to be mild on the body, like andromass, or something that may be slightly harsher but has been around a bit longer like epistane? (andromass also piqued my interest because of how many people i saw 'recovering' with just the TRS+TCF1 stack, as opposed to having to use a serm with something like epistane, which is a whole other concern of mine)

thanks a lot!

4. Doc, put quite frankly, what do you think are the safest DS/PH out today? No brand name necessary...we can do the legwork on that.

5. What is your thoughts on pulsing something like Epistane to minimize suppression or shutdown?

Pulse cycle:

40mg 3 times a week monday, wednesday and friday.

Thanks
    Check my AnaBeta, Erase and DAA log at:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/178490-anabeta-erase-daa.html
    •   

6. Jahcuree

Quote Originally Posted by DonnyG View Post
    Doc, put quite frankly, what do you think are the safest DS/PH out today? No brand name necessary...we can do the legwork on that.
    in for this

7. Absolutely subbed... No brainer imo
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

8. Quote Originally Posted by dinoiii View Post

Now - the adrenal gland is fun, imperative, and without it you'd not be able to cope with stress and die! That's pretty drastic; one might see the workout timeframe as a period of significant stress that allows even the youngest person achieve a biochemical profile of the aged. In other words, if results are to be achieved and they are measurable, they are going to be in the acute workout setting...especially with extension of workouts beyond the 45-55 minute mark and nothing more.

From a "safety" standpoint; I don't know enough about you to make such an outrageous assessment nor do I believe anyone could say with 100% certainty that they understand the safety features of ANY of these metabolites. I would be doing you a disservice to saying I know how such a supplement could benefit your particular case. For starters, you are young...but as I said above, while your levels may not be down...in an acute setting or if you are even overttraining; the products may harbor a benefit...but I know nothing about your regimen.

D_
    Its long overdue, but id really like to thank you for that very thorough response.

One question i have from your response. You said that these suppliments could be beneficial in an acute workout setting if workouts are over 45mins (ish). My workouts tend to be on the 90min-100 min range (with cardio) and are quite intense for the whole period. My shirt is dripping with sweat by the end of the workout.

Are you saying that these supplements could be of benefit in this case? or would you need a detailed outline of my workouts regimen to know?

Thanks
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

9. Subbed for any info on oral steroids and responsible use. (if we can even call orals responsible lol)

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    Subbed for any info on oral steroids and responsible use. (if we can even call orals responsible lol)
    Yes, i believe we can
    RecoverBro ELITE
  •